Rair Air, based in Mississippi

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Rair Air, based in Mississippi

Old 01-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Default Rair Air, based in Mississippi

Anyone heard of a company in McComb, Mississippi called Rair, Air? Corporate HQ in Houston. I'm in the interview process for a home based 135 Hawker 1000 SIC position with this company but can't seem to find anybody that's heard of them. Thanks!

It's this or Commutair. Lol
Old 01-25-2018, 05:19 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Let me know what you find out. I may be looking for a job there myself in the future. Right in my backyard.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Anyone heard of a company in McComb, Mississippi called Rair, Air? Corporate HQ in Houston. I'm in the interview process for a home based 135 Hawker 1000 SIC position with this company but can't seem to find anybody that's heard of them. Thanks!

It's this or Commutair. Lol
for what its worth...
unless this is a very different 135 operator than my life experience was, there is no comparison in quality of life between a scheduled 121 people hauler and a non-sched 135 life.
the only qualifier I would add is where one lives. being at home without a move/family etc could make it worthwhile in spite of the (usually) poorer working conditions.
just one guys opinion, but a lot of years doing both. good luck regardless of road you choose
Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default Rair

I just flew a contract flight with them in a Diamond DA-62. They are moving into Conroe KCXO into the Galaxy FBO facility which is about 20 minutes from my home. I am considering a position with them as I believe I may get an offer. Can't say I know much about them, but I met a couple of the partners and a couple of the pilots and all seemed very friendly. I will be talking more with them over the next few weeks.

From my understanding they manage several jets and are looking at getting some more DA-62's for an air taxi service based out of Conroe.

Being based in my back yard is very attractive, so I will be finding out more in the next few weeks.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:14 AM
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by geemantx View Post
I just flew a contract flight with them in a Diamond DA-62. They are moving into Conroe KCXO into the Galaxy FBO facility which is about 20 minutes from my home. I am considering a position with them as I believe I may get an offer. Can't say I know much about them, but I met a couple of the partners and a couple of the pilots and all seemed very friendly. I will be talking more with them over the next few weeks.

From my understanding they manage several jets and are looking at getting some more DA-62's for an air taxi service based out of Conroe.

Being based in my back yard is very attractive, so I will be finding out more in the next few weeks.
Woah, DA62s? That would be a hoot. I loved the twinstar, and the 62 looks like it would be even nicer. What's the useful load and range on a 62, though? The 42 still suffers from the same predicament as other small GA, in that you'll never take full seats and full fuel tanks. Just one or the other.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Pa34/200T

I'm a little late to this thread, I did some contract with them in the Eclipse a while back. The owners are great people to work for if you can get on with them I would jump on it. they have the Diamond, a Gulfstream and a few other planes if my memory is correct.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Corporate

Originally Posted by Brandon15666 View Post
I'm a little late to this thread, I did some contract with them in the Eclipse a while back. The owners are great people to work for if you can get on with them I would jump on it. they have the Diamond, a Gulfstream and a few other planes if my memory is correct.
I believe they ceased operations about a month ago.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:00 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by Formerbuspilot View Post
I believe they ceased operations about a month ago.
Really? They just started running the G4 at the beginning of the year. Do you know why they ceased ops? I have a buddy that was thinking about flying a hawker for them awhile ago.