Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Old 11-16-2022, 04:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by Joejack101 View Post
I've never seen SO MANY bad reviews commenting about EXTREME lack of safety, FAA violations, maintenance problems, and unsafe aircraft as I have for Contour. There's simply no way to ignore them anymore. There's no logical way to explain it. If you type in Contour, these incidents come up. And they are extremely concerning... Can somebody please explain why I don't see this same thing for American, United, Delta, and Southwest? I'm about to ditch all the tickets I bought from Contour, even though they are nonrefundable, and just drive from other major airports on a major carrier. and pay a LOT more money.... I'd rather arrive to my destination alive...

Just recently, since my last post, somebody posted the following...

"(Begin quote)
Cons:
EVERYTHING!!! THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE LIE !! THEY TOTALLY 💯 SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND INVESTIGATED BY THE FAA !! BUT THEY WONT BE , BECAUSE THE SHADY US GOVERNMENT PAYS THEIR SALARY!! They are unsafe, unethical, untrained, unaware, uncoordinated, uncool, and uncomfortable to work for ! WORK HERE THEN LEAVE IF YOU HAVE TO ! I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME !! This place is a good honest flight attendant’s nightmare!! Please pray that FAA goes after them -
"(End quote)

And there's a LOT more recent ones. I just don't get it. I know people will write back and say "well you don't know if somebody had a grudge" but I don't think for a second all these people are just making up these FAA violations accusations... It's too many to ignore. When somebody gets terminated from Delta or United, which probably happens all the time, I don't see all these accusations of major safety issues...

I don't know how I expect anybody to respond. But I'm just extremely confused. Again, I appreciate the insight, but I'm surprised one pilot on here hasn't voiced some concerns too.
You sound like a terminated employee
Old 11-16-2022, 05:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Angry

Originally Posted by Round Luggage View Post
You sound like a terminated employee
Are you kidding me? You don't have Google? No? More like a passenger who has no other airline that operates within a 2+ hour drive, and is frustrated I don't have any other options for travel that aren't a MAJOR lack of convenience and major difference in price. And a passenger who is very concerned about the volume of safety issues reported. If I was an employee, I would be speaking up about FAA violations, if I had actually seen any.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

You sound like a lunatic. The company is audited by ARGUS and has their highest rating and is one of only a few Part 135 operators audited and approved for operations by the Department of Defense. The quote you posted is from a flight attendant a long time ago, who also makes reference to the “shady US government” and yet you find this source credible? Clearly a disgruntled employee. You indicated a few posts back that you flew with them and had a great experience, so why are you doubting your own first hand knowledge? Why do you keep looking for excuses not to use them?
Old 11-17-2022, 05:35 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
You sound like a lunatic. The company is audited by ARGUS and has their highest rating and is one of only a few Part 135 operators audited and approved for operations by the Department of Defense. The quote you posted is from a flight attendant a long time ago, who also makes reference to the “shady US government” and yet you find this source credible? Clearly a disgruntled employee. You indicated a few posts back that you flew with them and had a great experience, so why are you doubting your own first hand knowledge? Why do you keep looking for excuses not to use them?
That's a good question, and I honestly appreciate your response. I hope those quotes are complete B.S. These quotes are after my original inquiry which is what alarmed me: The quote I referenced there is from September 28, 2022, and there is even a more recent post than that from November 14, 2022 mentioning "unsafe aircraft." If the quotes I'm reading are 100% wrong and untrue, once again I'm glad. I think what alarmed me is I have never seen this volume of safety complaints online from any other airlines, so it didn't make sense. Again thank you, and I apologize if I'm a major nuisance on here.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Could the moderators get joejack off of here for all this non-specific passenger whining? Not the place for it.
Joejack, if you have a complaint, take it to Contour, eh? If you think they're unsafe, call 1800FAASURE with your SPECIFICS. Y'know, if they cancelled a flight on you, it was specifically because it couldn't be made without violating some rule or another.
Furthermore, let me remind you that if you're buying a ticket on Contour it's because you reside or frequent a community that cannot support air travel without government subsidy. Maybe Congress will pull the plug and you can cheerfully drive or use Amtrak - oh wait, they're subsidized too.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Joejack101 View Post
That's a good question, and I honestly appreciate your response. I hope those quotes are complete B.S. These quotes are after my original inquiry which is what alarmed me: The quote I referenced there is from September 28, 2022, and there is even a more recent post than that from November 14, 2022 mentioning "unsafe aircraft." If the quotes I'm reading are 100% wrong and untrue, once again I'm glad. I think what alarmed me is I have never seen this volume of safety complaints online from any other airlines, so it didn't make sense. Again thank you, and I apologize if I'm a major nuisance on here.

All the “safety complaints” are clearly vengeful posts from disgruntled employees. I flew with many flight attendants that were upset because recruiters had told them one thing and the reality of their actual schedule was another. So I can see why Contour has gotten so many bad reviews from previous employees. Most of them were expecting a glamorous charter gig and then ended up doing 6 leg days to and from Beckley, WV. The ERJ-145 is a reliable, albeit old plane. Sure, we would have gate returns and MEL placards but it was nothing outside of the scope of safety. As pilots we followed our procedures and the maintenance team was great and coordinated with us to fix any problem that arose, in the same manner as any large airline. I don’t work for the company anymore but again, my time was great there. Sadly, some people will go beyond the realm of fairness when it comes to relaying their experience to the public, in the name of revenge.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:33 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Flyinggrill View Post
All the “safety complaints” are clearly vengeful posts from disgruntled employees. I flew with many flight attendants that were upset because recruiters had told them one thing and the reality of their actual schedule was another. So I can see why Contour has gotten so many bad reviews from previous employees. Most of them were expecting a glamorous charter gig and then ended up doing 6 leg days to and from Beckley, WV. The ERJ-145 is a reliable, albeit old plane. Sure, we would have gate returns and MEL placards but it was nothing outside of the scope of safety. As pilots we followed our procedures and the maintenance team was great and coordinated with us to fix any problem that arose, in the same manner as any large airline. I don’t work for the company anymore but again, my time was great there. Sadly, some people will go beyond the realm of fairness when it comes to relaying their experience to the public, in the name of revenge.
Thank you. This addressed my concern.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2020

I fly for Contour on the CRJ side. The vast majority of our captains are retired Delta, United, American. If anything they bring an amazing amount of operational experience to the company. These guys have ZERO incentive to move unsafe aircraft. Literally ZERO. I’ve never been involved in any conspiracy to move unairworthy airplanes. All broken items are written up and differed if able. If unable to defer… plane is parked. Unfortunately these CRJ’s are 20 year old and have issues. Nuisance issues. But they are safe. I would have walked out if they weren’t. This is my experience.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

That person’s concern has been addressed before and for some reason just keep coming back talking about the same. Several former or current contour pilots replied, but here we are again.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by LimaBravoDelta View Post
I fly for Contour on the CRJ side. The vast majority of our captains are retired Delta, United, American. If anything they bring an amazing amount of operational experience to the company. These guys have ZERO incentive to move unsafe aircraft. Literally ZERO. I’ve never been involved in any conspiracy to move unairworthy airplanes. All broken items are written up and differed if able. If unable to defer… plane is parked. Unfortunately these CRJ’s are 20 year old and have issues. Nuisance issues. But they are safe. I would have walked out if they weren’t. This is my experience.
Isn't one of the ERJ check pilots an Eastern scab?