Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Well

Agreed on not getting into an argument as different people will have different experiences and mine has been nothing like yours. Maintenance you say, better, um , I’d have to disagree especially on the CRJs, Pay, 10% cut which only 5% has been returned. Schedule, told 11/4 and you will NOT be getting even that. They will change it constantly and if you complain, look out! Now you can discredit that Captain that quit but he honestly had enough of the lies, backstabbing and BS.

And justifying any C.P. spying on someone on social media is disturbing. This is the same guy you said goes to bat for his pilot’s? HE DOESN’T!

Soflo, you can also contact me via pm. No disrespect to Jetsream but he is no longer there.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:01 PM
Line Holder

I mean...a 10% pay cut is better than my furlough...but ok. I digress
Old 02-14-2021, 08:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

I flew the ERJ for them, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Including all the former XJT people. Everyone was professional and treated me with respect and as a professional. I was given the chance to fly a jet with 900h, and allowed me to build great experience, go to a regional, and now flying sth bigger.
We were always welcome to call the CP, President, Vicepresident, anytime. I remember having dinner one night in Page after starting that route, and we were pretty much a team/family.

Things to understand: it's a part 135 operation, and they are growing, at least they were before covid, and growing pains are there. We flew a lot and maximize duty times, we used every legal minute. MX, we had a couple new guys, and a few super experienced guys from Smyrna, but they made it work.

We all can offer a different perspective about our experiences, but it's not all black or white, plenty of greys.

I still have a few friends flying for them, and I would recomend them, no doubt. No place is perfect, but they are a good group of people.

J.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Oh I forgot, someone mentioned "The 24,000$ training contract you have to sign, YES, THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU".

It says a lot about someone, no judging here, but nobody is going to come after you if you fulfill your contract, which is the reason why you signed it. Not defending those types of contracts at all, but if you freely decide to sign one, be a man and a good professional, in case whatever company is not that professional. And if that is the case, take it to the law.

Life can sometimes be complicated, but we really like to make it 10x more than it is seriously.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

How long does it typically take for Contour Airlines to reach out after submitting an application?

At this point, I'm not afraid of a contract with the regionals not exactly openly hiring quite yet.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Oh I forgot, someone mentioned "The 24,000$ training contract you have to sign, YES, THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU".

It says a lot about someone, no judging here, but nobody is going to come after you if you fulfill your contract, which is the reason why you signed it. Not defending those types of contracts at all, but if you freely decide to sign one, be a man and a good professional, in case whatever company is not that professional. And if that is the case, take it to the law.

Life can sometimes be complicated, but we really like to make it 10x more than it is seriously.
How long is the contract?
Old 02-16-2021, 12:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
How long is the contract?
I have no idea, I was just saying the way I approach any contract in life. No contract when I was there.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Angry Facts

It’s a year Sofo but CRJs information is incorrect. Ethical behavior goes, or should go, both ways. If they lie to you to get you to sign the contract it’s called misrepresentation. If after you sign it and they start viloating what they told you and you agree too, then you can leave and tell them, that’ not what I agreed to. When they come after you, you can say the contract is null and void. The contract they have now is because so many leave after they find out what CFM is really like.

If three have left in two months, somethings wrong. Crj makes it sound great, it just isn’t. I guess a CP spying on his pilot’s is ok? It’s not! 33% turnover, WOW! Maybe things were better back then but now, no. They don’t maintain their aircraft well either. Just ask the mechanic in Fort Laud!

So, this is not a matter of opinion, these things I have posted are facts. In other words, it’s happened. How many were furloughed from the ERJ while they hired on the CRJ?

I would not tell anyone to ever talk to the management there. Maybe they all ate something but man what a bunch of liars.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
It’s a year Sofo but CRJs information is incorrect. Ethical behavior goes, or should go, both ways. If they lie to you to get you to sign the contract it’s called misrepresentation. If after you sign it and they start viloating what they told you and you agree too, then you can leave and tell them, that’ not what I agreed to. When they come after you, you can say the contract is null and void. The contract they have now is because so many leave after they find out what CFM is really like.

If three have left in two months, somethings wrong. Crj makes it sound great, it just isn’t. I guess a CP spying on his pilot’s is ok? It’s not! 33% turnover, WOW! Maybe things were better back then but now, no. They don’t maintain their aircraft well either. Just ask the mechanic in Fort Laud!

So, this is not a matter of opinion, these things I have posted are facts. In other words, it’s happened. How many were furloughed from the ERJ while they hired on the CRJ?

I would not tell anyone to ever talk to the management there. Maybe they all ate something but man what a bunch of liars.
CRJ talks about his experience. Zero lies. And I make it sound like it was for me, great. So don't try to say the opposite.
I specifically talked about MY experience and MY fleet. And my relationship with management. Still many friends there. So maybe there's something wrong with you after all.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:27 PM
Line Holder

Ameriflight is still hiring...