Any information on MAG - ISR flying ???

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Any information on MAG - ISR flying ???

Old 09-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: SA-227, B-727, A-300, DC-8, all seats
Default Any information on MAG - ISR flying ???

Hello.............

Anyone on here have any information on MAG - Momentum Aerospace group out of Woodbridge, Virginia.???

They are a King Air ISR outfit recruiting crews for overseas contract work
on there careers website.

The usual stuff ----- aircraft, training, compensation, benefits, schedule - 60 days on/60 days off, management-crew relations, deployed/downrange life style; sleep in a tent or on base barracks, USMIL mess hall or MRE's ?? ?? , etc, etc, etc.

Is a security clearance required or will they pay for one ??

I am interested and thinking about applying. I meet all of there requirements and have years of international flight experience in the places they work at.

Please reply.

Wright cyclones.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello.............

Anyone on here have any information on MAG - Momentum Aerospace group out of Woodbridge, Virginia.???

They are a King Air ISR outfit recruiting crews for overseas contract work
on there careers website.

The usual stuff ----- aircraft, training, compensation, benefits, schedule - 60 days on/60 days off, management-crew relations, deployed/downrange life style; sleep in a tent or on base barracks, USMIL mess hall or MRE's ?? ?? , etc, etc, etc.

Is a security clearance required or will they pay for one ??

I am interested and thinking about applying. I meet all of there requirements and have years of international flight experience in the places they work at.

Please reply.

Wright cyclones.
Start with this thread...

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/p...ion-l3-98.html
Old 02-01-2020, 04:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post

that thread is private anyone have a different link??
Old 02-09-2020, 03:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: right seater

Originally Posted by Mostlyapilot View Post
that thread is private anyone have a different link??
CACI took over the contract in Afghanistan in September.

job link:

https://careers.caci.com/listjobs/Keyword/sema1
Old 02-11-2020, 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: A350 Captain (RET)

What if you don't have an "active secret clearance" will the company help you obtain one?

Also.. being a civilian flyer I am not familiar with the term "candidates must be able to meet the requirements of all US Combatant Commands’ entry requirements".

What does this mean? Is this an age thing?

Fly safe,

OC
Old 02-11-2020, 07:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by OceanCrosser View Post
What if you don't have an "active secret clearance" will the company help you obtain one?

Also.. being a civilian flyer I am not familiar with the term "candidates must be able to meet the requirements of all US Combatant Commands’ entry requirements".

What does this mean? Is this an age thing?

Fly safe,

OC
Nothing to do with age. It means you have to pass a physical that allows you to go overseas. It's called CRC. It should not be a problem for most that can pass a class 1 or class 2 medical. However, it seems the most common disqualifying factor is high blood pressure. If you're not already on meds for that, you just go to a doctor and get them and you should be able to go. It is still probably not a good idea to binge drink the entire week before your physical though.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
Nothing to do with age. It means you have to pass a physical that allows you to go overseas. It's called CRC. It should not be a problem for most that can pass a class 1 or class 2 medical. However, it seems the most common disqualifying factor is high blood pressure. If you're not already on meds for that, you just go to a doctor and get them and you should be able to go. It is still probably not a good idea to binge drink the entire week before your physical though.
Thanks STDBRF,

I maintain a Class I since my retirement and still fly privately, so hopefully no issues with the CRC. (my only med is an 81mg baby aspirin). Still don't know about he "secret clearance thing"

Fly safe,

OC
Old 02-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Thanks STDBRF,

I maintain a Class I since my retirement and still fly privately, so hopefully no issues with the CRC. (my only med is an 81mg baby aspirin). Still don't know about he "secret clearance thing"

Fly safe,

OC
Can't really help you out there, unfortunately. I am not sure the rhyme or reason behind the clearance requirements. Generally speaking, they would prefer to hire a less qualified or less talented individual with a current clearance as opposed to a Chuck Yeager without one. Much depends on their open slots compared to number of warm bodies willing to participate.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
Can't really help you out there, unfortunately. I am not sure the rhyme or reason behind the clearance requirements. Generally speaking, they would prefer to hire a less qualified or less talented individual with a current clearance as opposed to a Chuck Yeager without one. Much depends on their open slots compared to number of warm bodies willing to participate.
STDBRF,

I'm certainly no Chuck Yeager or even a Harrison Ford, but a civilian trained guy who never failed or repeated a checkride in the 40 years of Part 121 flying. I was mildly interested in some of this flying only for the change of venue.

Thanks for your input.

OC
Old 02-12-2020, 08:37 AM
You're on guard, man.

Joined APC: Aug 2017

STDBRF,

I'm certainly no Chuck Yeager or even a Harrison Ford, but a civilian trained guy who never failed or repeated a checkride in the 40 years of Part 121 flying. I was mildly interested in some of this flying only for the change of venue.

Thanks for your input.

OC
The lack of a clearance is usually a show stopper. If you get hired, the company will have to sponsor an expensive and lengthy background investigation. What are they supposed to do with you for the year it takes to run? Not to mention, nothing says you can get one, maybe you're sqeeky clean, maybe when they're doing the background somebody else has the same name and defaulted on mortgages, that all takes time to clear up. Generally speaking, companies are not sponsoring the background for a straight civilian, they're tackling a shortage by lowering flight times required for guys who already have a clearance, and put them in an SIC program, where they can be molded as the company see's fit.