Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by aerobeard View Post
Actually yes. Our Jumpseat coordinators have been working pretty steadily to build those relationships. Hopefully with the addition of new bases and operating stations, more agreements will be coming
I see that PHX has opened up. Is that a base that you would be home most nights in? Where does training take place and how long is the training, especially if you are already ATP/ Typed in an EMB.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by grumpydwarf View Post
I see that PHX has opened up. Is that a base that you would be home most nights in? Where does training take place and how long is the training, especially if you are already ATP/ Typed in an EMB.
All the bases have seeming gone back to lots of overnights...at least for now. I personally haven’t seen more than two nights home in a rotation in over a month now. That said, I flew with someone who hasn’t seen an overnight in four months.

Due to the smaller size of Phoenix at this time, I’d assume lots of overnights however I understand they want to grow it quickly and with that I would imagine much more time at home. We still bid universally, not for specific bases, so it makes the staffing of bases fluctuate on a weekly basis. Meaning if the majority of OAK people’s schedules lined up to be off, you can count on a lot of OAK overnights. In fact, either way you can count on a lot of OAK overnights.

Training takes about a month start to finish maybe a little more. I believe It will still be the full initial even if you are typed on the aircraft though this could be wrong.

Last edited by skruts; 09-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Furlough Survivor

I've been doing a little reading but can someone clarify the bidding process. Do you bid pre-made lines or just the days you'd like with the actual flights TBD later.
Also are you guys still taking direct entry captains?
Old 09-04-2019, 10:09 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by Pilatipus View Post
I've been doing a little reading but can someone clarify the bidding process. Do you bid pre-made lines or just the days you'd like with the actual flights TBD later.
Also are you guys still taking direct entry captains?
Haha, so funny seeing you here.. I'm lurking big time these days.. Considering ALL options haha

Edit: if we could get DEC.. Ide probably be sold and apply
Old 09-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

They have prebuilt lines. Example: Friday to Friday on with sat through Thursday off: 8/6‘s, and some 5/2’s with 9 off after the third five day on and some 4/3’s. If you meet all the qualifications for Capt right now and you are a good fit, you will be PIC typed then do around 4 rotations as an FO. After that if you are comfortable and the leadership also thinks you are ready you should upgrade to the Left seat.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

What about travel privileges for family? How does that work with JSX?
Old 09-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Anyone know if it’s possible to work part time as a floater?

I used to be a 145 CA in Envoy (did just under 3 years there) and now fly a gulfstream out of phx. Realistically only rostered a week a month so have plenty of time to kill. Just wondering if a side gig with JSX is possible, and if so what could one expect as a daily rate?
Old 09-04-2019, 10:57 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by skruts View Post
List is growing. Includes Atlas and Kalitta, Spirit, jetBlue, Frontier and many smaller cargo carriers. Open CASS participant for OAL - anyone in CASS can jump on JSX.
How does one list for the jump with JSX, and is there any way to find flights operated by you guys?
Old 09-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by dera View Post
How does one list for the jump with JSX, and is there any way to find flights operated by you guys?
You list at the "gate". Just show up to one of our lounges and request the jumpseat at the check-in desk. They will run you through CASS and get you listed.

You can see a list of flights for the day here: https://www.jsx.com/tracker . For anything further out, I believe you just need to simulate a booking and see what flights are available.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Furlough Survivor

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Haha, so funny seeing you here.. I'm lurking big time these days.. Considering ALL options haha

Edit: if we could get DEC.. Ide probably be sold and apply
Not one mention of snack basket quality. Gotta dig a little deeper for the important info.