Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grandview Aviation looking for pilots - MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 03:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: A320 First Officer

It took me a while to hear back from them after I applied. By awhile I mean almost 2 months. I have already had 2 interview calls. So far everyone I have interfaced with has been very nice and reasonable. Just an update they no longer offer the 60,000 bonus after 5 years. In addition, there is now a training bond of 2 years and it is $32,000 if you break it. It is NOT pro-rated either.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Heard it's now one year. Also heard the fly ALOT
Old 05-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer

Captain and FO training agreements are both 12 months, prorated quarterly. 40,000 for captains, 32,000 for first officers.

60,000 bonus went away when the pilot shortage went away.

We currently have ten jets with plans for more growth. Current openings can be found at www.flygv.com. We have bases across the country now. Our profile on APC was just updated so it’s accurate for bases.

We have good equipment, in-house maintenance that takes good care of the airplanes. It’s a good company filled with good people. For those who have only flown for 121 airlines, it is different. We do our own flight planning, file our own flight plans. Weather, notams, cleaning the airplane, ensuring fueling, catering, and maintenance are all handled is on you as the flight crew. You are the flight attendant and the pilot and the face of the company. I personally enjoy the variety of going to airports the airlines would never go to, having the personal interaction with the passengers and all of the support staff at the smaller airports. It’s a new adventure everyday and it can be challenging at times. I like it and embrace it. It’s not for everyone. Anywho, if it sounds like something you are in to, I would love to see you in the cockpit. Cheers!

PS. The “flying alot” is true at the moment. Hopefully when we are done growing and staffed properly that will cease. Prior to the growth we flew 3, 4, maybe five days out of the 8 and it was a pretty sweet deal to sit home and wait for the phone to ring with a defined reserve period everyday.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
Captain and FO training agreements are both 12 months, prorated quarterly. 40,000 for captains, 32,000 for first officers.

We currently have ten jets with plans for more growth. Current openings can be found at www.flygv.com. We have bases across the country now. Our profile on APC was just updated so it’s accurate for bases.

We have good equipment, in-house maintenance that takes good care of the airplanes. It’s a good company filled with good people. For those who have only flown for 121 airlines, it is different. We do our own flight planning, file our own flight plans. Weather, notams, cleaning the airplane, ensuring fueling, catering, and maintenance are all handled is on you as the flight crew. You are the flight attendant and the pilot and the face of the company. I personally enjoy the variety of going to airports the airlines would never go to, having the personal interaction with the passengers and all of the support staff at the smaller airports. It’s a new adventure everyday and it can be challenging at times. I like it and embrace it. It’s not for everyone. Anywho, if it sounds like something you are in to, I would love to see you in the cockpit. Cheers!

PS. The “flying alot” is true at the moment. Hopefully when we are done growing and staffed properly that will cease. Prior to the growth we flew 3, 4, maybe five days out of the 8 and it was a pretty sweet deal to sit home and wait for the phone to ring with a defined reserve period everyday.
Just FYI, your hyperlink somehow split the link into www.fl and ygv.com

Thanks for the info though!
Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Just saw an ad for both CP and DO at Grandview. Did they both quit? Or is it a new role?
Old 05-09-2021, 02:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Training costs seem high

when I did the phone screen I was told it’s a 24 month non prorated training agreement so did that change? Also $32-40k for Phenom 300 training agreements is crazy. It costs $20-26k for everyone I’ve spoken to and mine was just barely over $20k.

Originally Posted by airspeed1974 View Post
Just saw an ad for both CP and DO at Grandview. Did they both quit? Or is it a new role?
Old 05-12-2021, 02:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2012

The CP resigned because they are moving to a mainline airline. The assistant DO is a new position to help accommodate the workload associated with the growth.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:01 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Default Some Questions

[
So, not long ago I noticed that GrandView was looking for pilots out of VNY. I am considering applying, however I have some questions.

1. If I am hired to fly out of VNY and I later want to go to a different base, is that possible?

2. What is the current training contract? Two years?

3. Where is training done? Does the company oh for you to stay in a hotel while in training? Are you paid during training?

I’ll start with these and then go from here.

QUOTE=ALTsel;2886719]We are looking to hire a bunch of pilots for our Phenom 300 fleet at GrandView Aviation in Middle River, Maryland.

Before you waste your time reading this:
YOU MUST LIVE IN THE NORTHERN MARYLAND / WASHINGTON DC VICINITY OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THAT AREA (Pretty much roughly within an hours drive to KMTN)

The company tries to bring the birds home each night. In the last 12 months I don't think I have had more than 20 overnights. ( not including training of course). We have set duty periods of 14 hours a day and do not do rolling rest.

Here are the details:
8 on / 6 off schedule
15 days PTO per year
Swap work days with other pilots whenever you like
Company-paid Medical (Medical & Dental) Zero out of pocket for the employee.
401K with Employer Matching
KCM
iPhone and iPad issued to each pilot with Data Plans
The company pays all uniform cleaning expenses

Compensation:
Captains starting salary: $95,000
First Officer starting salary: $55,000-$65,000 (depending on experience)

Yearly pay increases.
Full pay from day one.

Extra Flying Bonus Rates:
All flying picked up on an off day is paid at a bonus day rate.

For captains the rate ranges from $750-$1250 per day.
For first officer the rate ranges from $500 - $1,000 per day.

If you volunteer to fly more than 2 days, you trigger an additional bonus for those days on top of what I described above.

5 year Retention Bonus Program:
Bonus account accrues $1000 per month; after 5 years of service, the crew member may withdraw the $60,000 Retention Bonus.

As of year 6, the pilot will receive $1,500 per month to their bonus account OR they could just add it to their paycheck for an additional $18,000 for the year on top of their normal salary.

Per Diem:
$40 per flight day that becomes $60 if you overnight. $80 per flight day that you go overnight international.

Min qualifications:
Captains
ATP
3,000 TT
1,500 PIC
1,500 ME
750 ME/PIC

First Officers
Comm/ME
2,000 Hours Total Time
500 Hours Multi-Engine Time
250 ME/PIC

No accidents, Incidents or violations
First Class Medical

If you are interested send us your resume: [email protected][/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer

1. Yes, if they need a pilot in the base you want and they can afford to lose you in the base you are in.

2. 12 month training contract. 40,000 for captains, 32,000 for First Officers. Both prorated quarterly.

3. Indoc in Baltimore. Ground and sim at CAE Dallas. Company pays for hotel and full pay from day 1.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2021

1. Yes, if they need a pilot in the base you want and they can afford to lose you in the base you are in.

2. 12 month training contract. 40,000 for captains, 32,000 for First Officers. Both prorated quarterly.

3. Indoc in Baltimore. Ground and sim at CAE Dallas. Company pays for hotel and full pay from day 1.
Are you guys swamped with apps right now? Submitted my resume a while back, haven’t heard anything back.
Thanks