Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grandview Aviation looking for pilots - MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 12:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Talking Dirty Laundry

Hey GVAMngt,

Just received word today MD Labor that GVA refuses to submit the info for my unemployment claim!

Let the truth be known

Cheers😂💰🍻🍻

QUOTE=GVAMngt;3297892]Hello Everyone,

GrandView Aviation management here. I wanted to take a moment to make sure that everyone had the correct information about our company. While I respect that APC is a place where pilots can share their experiences and we welcome the feedback, I do not want for misinformation to spread from the previous post. We are very open to feedback and I hope that our employees now and in the future let us know how we can improve and keep the lines on communication open to help improve our company.

COVID was a hard time for a lot of companies and the PPP Program helped to keep all of our employees employed while the shutdowns were in place, and for employees that were over the threshold of pay or were not working that time, there were pay cuts, but once we were able to start flying again, we were able to bring people back to their full pay rate.

We have seen unprecedent growth after the shutdowns from COVID and are excited about our ability to service more customers and continue to help provide a good, safe place for our employees to work.

We are adding Phenom 300s to our fleet as we are able and are up to 13 aircraft today, and there are 2 helicopters at the company. We do have a mandatory vaccination policy in place, we are getting ahead of OSHAs ETS and expect that we will be able to continue operating as safely as possible because of this. We are not ignoring religious and medical exemptions, those are handled through the HR team and are being utilized by employees. We have told all of our incoming new hires about the vaccination policy and the expectations that it comes with.

As a company we support more than charter flying, we also take part in Organ Procurement missions, and that is where our requirements for living in base are created from. Our goal is to have medical missions at all of our extensions of base, allowing our pilots to be home more often and be able to service customers from both sides of the business. While we are growing and getting those bases established it takes time for the crew to be up and running and the medical business to come in, so pilots are moved around a lot during that startup time.

Like any company, our team is growing and expanding with our growth. While we continue to work through those growing pains we are open to feedback on how to improve the organization and hope that our employees will help mold the company into something that believe in. Our ownership and some of the management team has not changed since 4 jets and 20 pilots. We conduct monthly pilot meetings to gather feedback, conduct employee surveys that are elevated to our senior leader team, and every member of management has an open door policy to be there for employees when they need us.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-17-2022, 06:33 AM
New Hire

Hi ATR Fr8dog,

We have not received any new unemployment claims recently. If you need help getting data for this, please reach out to [email protected] and they can work with you on your claim.

The state of MD doesn't require unemployment responses from employers if the claim is uncontested and any wage information would have been submitted during payroll. As long as the information you provided was correct the state should process without us involved.

Again, please reach out to HR and they can make sure that the information gets to where it is needed.

-GVMngt

[QUOTE=ATR Fr8dog;3352577]Hey GVAMngt,

Just received word today MD Labor that GVA refuses to submit the info for my unemployment claim!

Let the truth be known

Cheers😂💰🍻🍻
Old 06-09-2022, 12:24 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Is the company still requiring the gene therapy clot shots now that the FDA has released the data and numerous studies have been released showing them as dangerous and ineffective, and now outdated?
Old 06-09-2022, 03:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Hi,

Currently on mil orders until middle of next year and will be moving closer to MTN. Have 3 months of leave to burn. What do the pay increases look like and how many hours would a motivated FO be able to get?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2022, 08:28 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by freeman View Post
Is the company still requiring the gene therapy clot shots now that the FDA has released the data and numerous studies have been released showing them as dangerous and ineffective, and now outdated?
Gene therapy clot shots? Doubt it, given such do not exist. Covid vaccine? Hope so.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Old post..............any updates?
Old 04-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Old post..............any updates?
Just saw on Linked In today that they acquired a FL 135 Citation operation.

I talked to a Northern guy in training last month. He was happy. Retired airline guy.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Schedule

Does anyone know how the 8/6 schedule works if assigned to a location/base, not a home-based pilot? Are you on call from home, if not scheduled to fly? On average, how many days out of the 8 do you fly?

I am currently a pilot at another GMR operation and thinking about applying for a base location that is within 1 hr of my residence. Just curious how it really works. Any first hand information would be appreciated.

Edit: I have an EMB 505 type rating, but not current.

Thanks,

Last edited by Dnr032; 04-27-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:24 PM
New Hire

Default Schedule Details

Originally Posted by Dnr032 View Post
Does anyone know how the 8/6 schedule works if assigned to a location/base, not a home-based pilot? Are you on call from home, if not scheduled to fly? On average, how many days out of the 8 do you fly?

I am currently a pilot at another GMR operation and thinking about applying for a base location that is within 1 hr of my residence. Just curious how it really works. Any first hand information would be appreciated.

Edit: I have an EMB 505 type rating, but not current.

Thanks,
Hi Dnr023,

Duty is assigned each day for all the pilots homebased or locally based. The homebased pilots are obviously out with a plane, so they have a set of rules for getting setup each day depending on the client they are working with. For locally based pilots, they are given a duty time for the day that they need to be available for, this normally comes with a 2 hours to wheels up call window, an hour to get to the airport and an hour to get the plane/flight plan ready.

Each rotation varies. It really depends on the travel season in the local base. The east coast is very busy with charter through standard travel seasons: spring break, school ending in June, then again late fall into the holiday season. The west coast bases get much busier around ski season, but hold much more level throughout the year.

If you want, I can setup a discovery call with the Assistant Director of Ops or the Recruiter in charge of the pilot hiring to answer any questions you may have. Jeremy Train is the pilot recruiter for the role, you can grab his email off the internal email address book.

Hope to hear from your soon,
GVA Management
Old 05-02-2023, 07:11 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by GVAMngt View Post
Hi Dnr023,

Duty is assigned each day for all the pilots homebased or locally based. The homebased pilots are obviously out with a plane, so they have a set of rules for getting setup each day depending on the client they are working with. For locally based pilots, they are given a duty time for the day that they need to be available for, this normally comes with a 2 hours to wheels up call window, an hour to get to the airport and an hour to get the plane/flight plan ready.

Each rotation varies. It really depends on the travel season in the local base. The east coast is very busy with charter through standard travel seasons: spring break, school ending in June, then again late fall into the holiday season. The west coast bases get much busier around ski season, but hold much more level throughout the year.

If you want, I can setup a discovery call with the Assistant Director of Ops or the Recruiter in charge of the pilot hiring to answer any questions you may have. Jeremy Train is the pilot recruiter for the role, you can grab his email off the internal email address book.

Hope to hear from your soon,
GVA Management
Thank You very much for the information. I have reached out to Jeremy Train via email and gave him my cell phone number. I look forward to talking with him later this week when he returns to the office.

Respectfully,