Grandview Aviation looking for pilots - MD

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grandview Aviation looking for pilots - MD

Old 06-12-2021, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer

I would say you should probably submit an update to show that you are still interested.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Current Openings

Looking to fill spots for SIC’s in Van Nuys and Scottsdale. PIC’s and SIC’s in Teterboro.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
Looking to fill spots for SIC’s in Van Nuys and Scottsdale. PIC’s and SIC’s in Teterboro.
Here are the minimums copied from their website to save everyone some time.

SIC:
Total Time: 2,500
Pilot In command: 750
Multi Engine: 1,000
Multi Engine PIC: 500
Old 08-13-2021, 11:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

The higher than normal hiring criteria is due to Wyvern, as well as a few of our large clients requiring the higher minimums in-order for us to operate their flights.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: 150 Capt
Default Don’t bother

First off GrandView used to be an incredible place to work. 4 jets and almost 20 pilots. Flew here and there and had a great work play balance.

COVID hit and we all took pay cuts. We did it and we weren’t flying a lot but we were lucky to still have a job.

Management was one of the most amazing aspects of this company. We had owners that genuinely cared and management staff that went out of their way to make sure employees needs were met.

Fast forward to current day….

12.5 airplanes and 3 helicopters. Almost 50 pilots. Vaccines are mandatory for whole company starting 11/1/21 and religious and medical exemptions don’t matter. They also don’t care if you work remotely. Still need to be vaccinated. Likely after 11/1 will go public saying that they are a 100% vaccinated company. Clients are willing to pay more for vaccinated crews. About 40% of the crews aren’t vaccinated and about 30% are going to be let go on 11/1. No choice. Get the shot or be gone. Out on the street no job and all management cares about is the bottom line. Money. Btw they don’t tell you this until day 1 on property. They had multiple people bail on day 1 of Indoc because of this.

As far as basing goes it’s basically kinda home based. They will pay for your ticket from your home to wherever they stick you for your rotation. Again not your base. If you’re hired into a “outstation” base you’ll never see it. I’ve seen and heard many complaints from pilots that were promised to be flying in and out of base while I was there. This is not the case! They will lie to you at whatever cost to make money!

GV recently got a new chief pilot. From what I understand he’s been there a month and already flipped the table upside down and has the pilots running away from the place. It’s really a shame and terrible. I hope they fix their management problems. I know the pilots that are there are actively working on trying to find a union or association to join to help combat a lot of the problems they have. As much as a lot of the pilots are against a union the majority of them won’t mind paying the dues for the help.

The current DO is a great guy. I felt like he cared about me but he made it clear multiple times that he was no pilot advocate. He’s a company man. Oh and if you get on his Sh!t list… good luck to you.

The pilots have more gripes than ever now. And it’s terrible to see what was once such a great company tank like this.
If you respect yourself. Stay away from this place until it gets better there and the zealots are gone. I have no hard feelings. Like I said I genuinely liked working with everyone. Everyone is friendly. But I respect myself and my values so I left.

They have a lot of new people in ops. Kids more or less. They’re great to interact with. But it’s been torture with time/duty/rest issues. They change or make up the duty/rest rules as they go. They said they’ve done away with rolling rest but it’s still there little by little. They’re so busy, expect to fly all 8 days and be asked to extend and be on min rest for most of your days on. They did take the effort to revise their fatigue policy and it’s a fairly decent one but most pilots are afraid to use it.

I feel terrible for the friends I have that still work their (for now).
Old 09-20-2021, 04:08 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Default GrandView Company Update

Hello Everyone,

GrandView Aviation management here. I wanted to take a moment to make sure that everyone had the correct information about our company. While I respect that APC is a place where pilots can share their experiences and we welcome the feedback, I do not want for misinformation to spread from the previous post. We are very open to feedback and I hope that our employees now and in the future let us know how we can improve and keep the lines on communication open to help improve our company.

COVID was a hard time for a lot of companies and the PPP Program helped to keep all of our employees employed while the shutdowns were in place, and for employees that were over the threshold of pay or were not working that time, there were pay cuts, but once we were able to start flying again, we were able to bring people back to their full pay rate.

We have seen unprecedent growth after the shutdowns from COVID and are excited about our ability to service more customers and continue to help provide a good, safe place for our employees to work.

We are adding Phenom 300s to our fleet as we are able and are up to 13 aircraft today, and there are 2 helicopters at the company. We do have a mandatory vaccination policy in place, we are getting ahead of OSHAs ETS and expect that we will be able to continue operating as safely as possible because of this. We are not ignoring religious and medical exemptions, those are handled through the HR team and are being utilized by employees. We have told all of our incoming new hires about the vaccination policy and the expectations that it comes with.

As a company we support more than charter flying, we also take part in Organ Procurement missions, and that is where our requirements for living in base are created from. Our goal is to have medical missions at all of our extensions of base, allowing our pilots to be home more often and be able to service customers from both sides of the business. While we are growing and getting those bases established it takes time for the crew to be up and running and the medical business to come in, so pilots are moved around a lot during that startup time.

Like any company, our team is growing and expanding with our growth. While we continue to work through those growing pains we are open to feedback on how to improve the organization and hope that our employees will help mold the company into something that believe in. Our ownership and some of the management team has not changed since 4 jets and 20 pilots. We conduct monthly pilot meetings to gather feedback, conduct employee surveys that are elevated to our senior leader team, and every member of management has an open door policy to be there for employees when they need us.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:29 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by GVAMngt View Post
Hello Everyone,

GrandView Aviation management here. I wanted to take a moment to make sure that everyone had the correct information about our company. While I respect that APC is a place where pilots can share their experiences and we welcome the feedback, I do not want for misinformation to spread from the previous post. We are very open to feedback and I hope that our employees now and in the future let us know how we can improve and keep the lines on communication open to help improve our company.

COVID was a hard time for a lot of companies and the PPP Program helped to keep all of our employees employed while the shutdowns were in place, and for employees that were over the threshold of pay or were not working that time, there were pay cuts, but once we were able to start flying again, we were able to bring people back to their full pay rate.

We have seen unprecedent growth after the shutdowns from COVID and are excited about our ability to service more customers and continue to help provide a good, safe place for our employees to work.

We are adding Phenom 300s to our fleet as we are able and are up to 13 aircraft today, and there are 2 helicopters at the company. We do have a mandatory vaccination policy in place, we are getting ahead of OSHAs ETS and expect that we will be able to continue operating as safely as possible because of this. We are not ignoring religious and medical exemptions, those are handled through the HR team and are being utilized by employees. We have told all of our incoming new hires about the vaccination policy and the expectations that it comes with.

As a company we support more than charter flying, we also take part in Organ Procurement missions, and that is where our requirements for living in base are created from. Our goal is to have medical missions at all of our extensions of base, allowing our pilots to be home more often and be able to service customers from both sides of the business. While we are growing and getting those bases established it takes time for the crew to be up and running and the medical business to come in, so pilots are moved around a lot during that startup time.

Like any company, our team is growing and expanding with our growth. While we continue to work through those growing pains we are open to feedback on how to improve the organization and hope that our employees will help mold the company into something that believe in. Our ownership and some of the management team has not changed since 4 jets and 20 pilots. We conduct monthly pilot meetings to gather feedback, conduct employee surveys that are elevated to our senior leader team, and every member of management has an open door policy to be there for employees when they need us.
Hey GVAMngt,

I know you advertise and hire for specific bases, but any chance of being hired as a 'floater' type of pilot, not assigned to any specific base but airline to where needed? I would be very interested in the PDK base, but you don't seem to have any turn-over there.

Just asking the questions.....
Old 09-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Dnr032 View Post
Hey GVAMngt,

I know you advertise and hire for specific bases, but any chance of being hired as a 'floater' type of pilot, not assigned to any specific base but airline to where needed? I would be very interested in the PDK base, but you don't seem to have any turn-over there.

Just asking the questions.....
They have a job posting looking for pilots at PDK.

https://apply.workable.com/grandview-aviation-llc/j/D0DE712D22/
Old 10-26-2021, 11:49 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2021
Position: EMB-505 PIC
Default Follow the science

For a company that prides itself with safety and health try following the science.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by LongBlock22 View Post
First off GrandView used to be an incredible place to work. 4 jets and almost 20 pilots. Flew here and there and had a great work play balance.

COVID hit and we all took pay cuts. We did it and we weren’t flying a lot but we were lucky to still have a job.

Management was one of the most amazing aspects of this company. We had owners that genuinely cared and management staff that went out of their way to make sure employees needs were met.

Fast forward to current day….

12.5 airplanes and 3 helicopters. Almost 50 pilots. Vaccines are mandatory for whole company starting 11/1/21 and religious and medical exemptions don’t matter. They also don’t care if you work remotely. Still need to be vaccinated. Likely after 11/1 will go public saying that they are a 100% vaccinated company. Clients are willing to pay more for vaccinated crews. About 40% of the crews aren’t vaccinated and about 30% are going to be let go on 11/1. No choice. Get the shot or be gone. Out on the street no job and all management cares about is the bottom line. Money. Btw they don’t tell you this until day 1 on property. They had multiple people bail on day 1 of Indoc because of this.

As far as basing goes it’s basically kinda home based. They will pay for your ticket from your home to wherever they stick you for your rotation. Again not your base. If you’re hired into a “outstation” base you’ll never see it. I’ve seen and heard many complaints from pilots that were promised to be flying in and out of base while I was there. This is not the case! They will lie to you at whatever cost to make money!

GV recently got a new chief pilot. From what I understand he’s been there a month and already flipped the table upside down and has the pilots running away from the place. It’s really a shame and terrible. I hope they fix their management problems. I know the pilots that are there are actively working on trying to find a union or association to join to help combat a lot of the problems they have. As much as a lot of the pilots are against a union the majority of them won’t mind paying the dues for the help.

The current DO is a great guy. I felt like he cared about me but he made it clear multiple times that he was no pilot advocate. He’s a company man. Oh and if you get on his Sh!t list… good luck to you.

The pilots have more gripes than ever now. And it’s terrible to see what was once such a great company tank like this.
If you respect yourself. Stay away from this place until it gets better there and the zealots are gone. I have no hard feelings. Like I said I genuinely liked working with everyone. Everyone is friendly. But I respect myself and my values so I left.

They have a lot of new people in ops. Kids more or less. They’re great to interact with. But it’s been torture with time/duty/rest issues. They change or make up the duty/rest rules as they go. They said they’ve done away with rolling rest but it’s still there little by little. They’re so busy, expect to fly all 8 days and be asked to extend and be on min rest for most of your days on. They did take the effort to revise their fatigue policy and it’s a fairly decent one but most pilots are afraid to use it.

I feel terrible for the friends I have that still work their (for now).
Sounds like a typical 135 outfit. Money is all that matters, contrary to what they may say.