Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Dreamline Aviation, Van Nuys, is

Old 11-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: in a Big Box that moves back,forth, up, down and makes cool sounds
Default Dreamline Aviation, Van Nuys, is

Is there anybody on these forums that can shed any sort of light at all on Dreamline Aviation in Van Nuys.??

Days off. Schedules. Etc.

They seem to be completely under the radar.

Someone’s gotta know something.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Aerial Survey

Bump bump.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

I flew out of VNY for 6 years and they were in the same building. I remember. they flew King Airs and Lear Jets. All I remember is the pilots that worked there were good people and they flew their ASSes off and I am pretty sure they had no schedule. Things may have changed with the market being different now. This would have been around 2013 so pretty old information.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Dreamline!

We operate 4 King Airs, 1 Honda Jet, 1 Lear 45, 4 Lear 60s, Falcon 50 and 900, Challenger 604 and a G4. One Lear 60 and two King Airs are based in the Bay Area, everything else is based at VNY.

8 Days off per month; 5 "hard" days, and 3 "floater days". Days off are requested at the beginning of the previous month and are posted by the 15th. Hards days cannot be moved, on floater days you may be called to fly by the company up until 6pm the day before, otherwise it becomes a "hard day" which you are not on-call for. If the company calls you to work a floater day you can either move it to another day during the month, or choose to work it and earn 1.5x your day rate. If the company requests you to work a hard day (no obligation), it's 2x day rate.

You are paid a base salary plus a a minimum of 15 days a month of your "day rate". If you work anything in excess of 15 days you earn your day rate for every additional day. I am PIC rated and current on two of our planes and average 15 days of flying/on the road per month. Full medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation. Frankly, salaries are competitive, but not stellar. What keeps me around is the great people and great life on the road. Rental Cars, in most cases you can request your hotel in most cities, $2.25/hr per diem domestic and $3/hr international. Not to mention lots of time at home.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Jet Fuel View Post
We operate 4 King Airs, 1 Honda Jet, 1 Lear 45, 4 Lear 60s, Falcon 50 and 900, Challenger 604 and a G4. One Lear 60 and two King Airs are based in the Bay Area, everything else is based at VNY.

8 Days off per month; 5 "hard" days, and 3 "floater days". Days off are requested at the beginning of the previous month and are posted by the 15th. Hards days cannot be moved, on floater days you may be called to fly by the company up until 6pm the day before, otherwise it becomes a "hard day" which you are not on-call for. If the company calls you to work a floater day you can either move it to another day during the month, or choose to work it and earn 1.5x your day rate. If the company requests you to work a hard day (no obligation), it's 2x day rate.

You are paid a base salary plus a a minimum of 15 days a month of your "day rate". If you work anything in excess of 15 days you earn your day rate for every additional day. I am PIC rated and current on two of our planes and average 15 days of flying/on the road per month. Full medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation. Frankly, salaries are competitive, but not stellar. What keeps me around is the great people and great life on the road. Rental Cars, in most cases you can request your hotel in most cities, $2.25/hr per diem domestic and $3/hr international. Not to mention lots of time at home.
Do you get a SIC endorsement as FO in the King Air - because without it the time in the right seat is useless. A friend in the Bay Area flew in the right seat for them and they wouldn't endorse the logbook as dual received or provide an SIC sign-off. Waste of time - literally.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by 4thLevel View Post
Do you get a SIC endorsement as FO in the King Air - because without it the time in the right seat is useless. A friend in the Bay Area flew in the right seat for them and they wouldn't endorse the logbook as dual received or provide an SIC sign-off. Waste of time - literally.
Nowwadays most full time King Air SICs are offered a one year training contract and attend Flight Safety. They take a 293 and 297 checkride and are therefore qualified crew members under part 135. As for flying part time (which I imagine your friend was), right seat in a King Air, most log the time on the part 91 legs.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B737 Captain

Originally Posted by Jet Fuel View Post
Nowwadays most full time King Air SICs are offered a one year training contract and attend Flight Safety. They take a 293 and 297 checkride and are therefore qualified crew members under part 135. As for flying part time (which I imagine your friend was), right seat in a King Air, most log the time on the part 91 legs.
​​​​​​When you use qualifiers like "most" and "full time" you make my point. Very vague at best. In a single pilot aircraft like the King Air 200, there is no legal way to log time in the right seat without it being dual received or having the SIC checkride. There have been far too many cases of guys spending months in those situations, only to find out at their Skywest interview that they are nowhere close the ATP minimums that they thought they were.. There are far too many operators willing to sell that Part 91 BS to unsuspecting pilots. Choose accordingly.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

I certainly hope SkyWest isn't hiring guys who don't know what time they can and can't log. What else don't they know?