Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Guardian Flight

Old 03-29-2021, 02:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2020
Position: Coming soon
Default Current status

Any current or recent Guardian Flight pilots that have anything helpful for a guy who's looking at a PC12 slot at the Gallup, NM base?
Old 03-30-2021, 08:19 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by flyairmike View Post
Any current or recent Guardian Flight pilots that have anything helpful for a guy who's looking at a PC12 slot at the Gallup, NM base?
Not very useful, but the Chief Pilot seemed like a great guy on the phone.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:15 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Demoman View Post
From your otherwise fascinating story...
You were fired from your previous employer( Empire )
​​​you were fired from Guardian who wanted to get rid of you earlier than they did because you couldn't fly a single engine arplane.but Santa 🎅 ( O.R.) reluctantly signed you off after giving you tons of extra basic flying lessons not to mention your total lack of knowledge in instrument flying and radio work which was more than embarrassing to listen to
You scared every medcrew you flew with and they expressed their concern to management.
You are suing everybody in the world and half the world is suing you ( by your own admission)
Hell you are even suing the military.
You threatened Guardian with a lawsuit before they canned your ##$%
Shortly after you were fired from Guardian you got a job with "a classic EMS operation" you lasted there about two months before they too fired you because you couldn't fly that single engine airplane and scared the medics there too to the point they all refused to fly with you.

"Captain engry " was not fired but rather resigned with a nice chunk of severance pay when other bases offered by the company were decline.
Captain angry did not want to live with you in the same house because against company policy you brought an arsenal of weapons to the crew house and being as unstable as you were that raised some serious concern.
Your cooking of special food because of your allergies would and made everyone who smelled it gag.
The neighbors were questioning your sanity when you stood in the street with those 3D goggles on waving an imaginary sword 🤔
Your issues with telling the truth were noticed by everyone you were in class with..
The people you shared the crew house with during training complained about you to the company...

Now as far as Guardian goes , it's a good company with good people in management, the problem is that Guardian was bought out by a previous client REACH
Reach is the bottom feeder of the EMS world and their base managers who you'd be working under are nurses and medics who disrespect pilots in general.
Adversarial relationships between medcrews and the pilots are common to most if not all EMS operators..
I would recommend Guardian but only if you are based at a base they control ( i.e. their own medcrews and support employees)
As far as the company having your back...they will put their clients first regardless of whos at fault.

Good luck it could be a real rewarding and enjoyable experience.
You're an idiot and clearly stalking me. I quit Empire after being there for two years. I was not fired. Even gave nearly a month of notice and worked right up until my last day. Was even asked if I wanted to stay.

Guardian did not fire me. I quit and have proof. I had an mechanical issue on take off and did exactly what anyone else would do. I was never disciplined and in fact every other pilot there backed me up including "OR".

OR didn't "reluctantly approve me. Thats ridiculous. I've never failed a check ride in my life. All three companies approved me with no concerns. Empire I had at least 5 check rides no issues with any of them.

I don't know where you get the idea I am suing everyone in the world?

Why do you think I am suing the military???? Why would I sue them?

I've never been sued by any one so I can't imagine why you would say that.

You claim to know a lot about me, and clearly you have take some small information about me and built it into an utter fantasy. While you know where I work you clearly have no idea of my actual work history.

I suspect you are Capt Angry here. He was clearly fired. And it wasn't the first time either.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Demoman View Post
Wait until you see him wearing his ninja outfit wearing 3D goggles and waving an imaginary wond ...
Hero...
The hero neglected to mention that in the span of a week or so he was involved in two self induced emergencies...
😉
So by "ninja outfit" you mean my company issued black flight suit the company requires all pilots and med crew to wear?

And the two two emergencies when one of my panel displays blew up, after I wrote it up the two prior flights and maintenance continued to write it down as "ops check normal" but knew it was an issue and had already ordered a $30,000 replacement that just hadn't arrived yet but the company didn't want to lose the revenue by downing the plane. Which led to me having a fire in flight with a patient on board with breathing problems? You mean that one?

Or the second issue 10 days later where maintenance again screwed up and didn't fix another known issue leading to an injury of a patient on board. The one I have video?

You mean those two "self induced" incidents???? The two incidents the company got a FAA violation for?
Old 05-30-2021, 11:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Interview gouge

Originally Posted by flyairmike View Post
Any news on this, helping a friend get thru this part.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2021, 06:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2020
Position: FO EMB145
Default Multi Engine Time

Hey, does anyone know why they require 500 ME to fly a PC-12?
Old 08-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Default Guardian Flight in AK?

Hello everyone! I’ve seen some posts about this operation but wanted to ask afresh. I’m considering a position in the Lear 45 as SIC in AK. Just want an overall run down of specifically Alaska. Thank you!!!!
Old 10-16-2021, 06:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Default Guardian Flight Alaska work schedule

Thanks for the info above. Can anybody expand on the work schedule for King Airs out of ANC? I take it they are 12 hour shifts. How many days on/days off? Are the days on all grouped together or spread out throughout the month? If you're based in ANC do you rotate to other bases occasionally or just stay in ANC. A lot questions, thanks for the help!
Old 10-17-2021, 11:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

I’m not exactly sure how the ANC base works, but the schedules are 20 on/10 off and all on/off days are grouped together. Occasionally a KA pilot will cover for other bases, but unless you are a “float pilot” (not to be confused with a floatplane pilot lol) you would be flying out of ANC.

As far as Lear SICs go I really don’t know much, but if you have specific questions I do know one pilot who recently got checked out in the Lear as an SIC and I can pass along questions.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
I’m not exactly sure how the ANC base works, but the schedules are 20 on/10 off and all on/off days are grouped together. Occasionally a KA pilot will cover for other bases, but unless you are a “float pilot” (not to be confused with a floatplane pilot lol) you would be flying out of ANC.

As far as Lear SICs go I really don’t know much, but if you have specific questions I do know one pilot who recently got checked out in the Lear as an SIC and I can pass along questions.
Dumb question: What are the average days like? Are you sitting at home on call? In the office for 8 hrs and then home on call or all at the office?