Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Delta Private Jets buys Wheels Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 04:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by xNavy8tor View Post
For the Gama pilots, I don’t see any adverse impacts from this. WUP was clear that Gama will remain the operator for all WUP-branded King Airs and Excels/XLS/X. A big win would be if Gama & WUP would announce that Gama pilots can get a guaranteed Delta app review/silver bullet.
Ha ha ha! Gama is not WheelsUp and Delta sold off DPJ to WU to get rid of it. No chance in the world for a shot at Delta because of this. How many DPJ pilots got hired at Delta?
Old 12-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default Dpj

Originally Posted by 250kt Final View Post
So we have one company who can’t keep up with its own clients always selling trips to other charter guys buying another company who too can’t keep up with some of their clients. Maybe they should stop expanding and start working on pilot retention....just saying.
Winner, winner, you get the chicken dinner.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Peabody17 View Post
DPJ was a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta, previously acquired a la Comair. I see this as Delta essentially selling DPJ to Wheels Up (but retaining an equity share), and bringing in the name and management to market the old DPJ more widely. I’m not sure exactly what WU brings to the deal except cash, marketing-management, and maybe some assets from TMC?
In the press release, there was no mention of TMC. Almost like it never happened. What gives?
Old 12-13-2019, 06:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Here is the release....

Delta partners with Wheels Up to make private aviation more accessible
Published Date 12/12/2019 7:05 AM

Delta Private Jets will combine with Wheels Up to establish one of the world's largest owned and managed fleets of private aircraft.

By Corporate Communications staff

As part of our focus on connecting people and creating opportunities, Delta has partnered with Wheels Up to make private aviation more accessible to individual and corporate customers.

On Dec. 12, the two companies reached a definitive agreement for Delta Private Jets, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta, to combine with Wheels Up to establish one of the world's largest owned and managed fleets of private aircraft.

The partnership will pair Wheels Up's membership programs, innovative digital platform and world-class lifestyle experiences with Delta Private Jets' renowned reliability, safety, service and scale.

"This groundbreaking partnership will democratize private aviation – making the convenience of private jet travel accessible to more customers," Ed said. "Wheels Up's lifestyle experiences and innovative digital platform, combined with the scale and service of Delta Private Jets, helps further Delta's mission of connecting people and communities worldwide through travel. This agreement is the latest step in Delta's ongoing effort to build partnerships that extend Delta's brand beyond its core business."

When the transaction closes, Wheels Up will have a fleet of more than 190 private aircraft and over 8,000 members and customers. Delta will hold an equity position in Wheels Up. The transaction will provide an array of new products and valuable features for existing and prospective customers of Wheels Up, Delta Private Jets and Delta to make private aviation travel more accessible to all. Details will be announced when the transaction closes.

Wheels Up Founder and CEO Kenny Dichter will continue leading the Wheels Up senior management team as it builds its partnership with Delta. Additionally, Wheels Up is committed to providing ongoing career opportunities for Delta Private Jets and Wheels Up employees, who provide world-class private travel, safety and service.

The transaction is expected to close early next year, and in the interim, Delta Private Jets and Wheels Up will continue to serve their existing employees, customers, members, partners and vendors in the same manner in which they do today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2019, 04:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
I wonder if we get Delta flight benefits like DPJ pilots do?

No. DPJ pilots will lose flight benefits in 12 months after signing
Old 12-14-2019, 05:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by xNavy8tor View Post
I think what WUP brings to this is the leadership, expertise, and strategic vision to become the leader in the creation of a global digital marketplace for private aviation.
Holy buzzwords Batman
Old 12-14-2019, 06:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by KA350Driver View Post
Holy buzzwords Batman
That’s what I was thinking
Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
No. DPJ pilots will lose flight benefits in 12 months after signing
Ah there you go! The only Benefit of this deal will be to the investors. Why care about pilots morale.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking The newest buzzword is “curated”....

Originally Posted by KA350Driver View Post
Holy buzzwords Batman
But they left out “curated”.....
Old 12-14-2019, 06:30 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Position: BE-300

Ok, you got me. Sorry for being so buzzwordy. Was just a response to the question of what WUP could bring to this kind of deal, and my way of saying that WUP has a clear plan to be the Uber of private flying…make the ******* affordable and available, and has a team of m***** *********s that can do it. Guess I should have just said that.

If that was too buzzwordy, you guys need to change your paradigm & think outside the box, and we’ll circle back to this narrative after we do a deep dive on it and move the needle for some value add.