Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 08:49 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default Boutique Air

Hey guys! I'm a new member here. I'm just curious if any of ya'll have any knowledge on Boutique Air? So far, I've heard all positive things. During my interview I was told relocation was not necessary. Is commuting a practical option for this job? 4 on 3 off. I live in SAT so DFW would be doable but I'm unsure about commuting to any other base. Think I would just end up spending my days off commuting if I got LAX for example.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by sreeder1 View Post
Hey guys! I'm a new member here. I'm just curious if any of ya'll have any knowledge on Boutique Air? So far, I've heard all positive things. During my interview I was told relocation was not necessary. Is commuting a practical option for this job? 4 on 3 off. I live in SAT so DFW would be doable but I'm unsure about commuting to any other base. Think I would just end up spending my days off commuting if I got LAX for example.
Commuting is possible, but not practical. You'll still need a crash pad of some sort at your base. Some do commute though.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Well it’s certainly not 4 on 3 off, it’s highly variable. Commuting while not recommended, would be doable. Crossing time zones to commute is inadvisable. Make sure you have plenty of flights from where you commute from otherwise you risk not making it to work and getting in trouble for it. If you’re coming on as an FO spending money on hotels and crash pads will quickly eat up any money you make. Just my .02 cents.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: I fly planes

Been commuting since April. It’s doable but you will likely need a crash pad. If you can commute on primarily Southwest or United it’s not bad at all, my only option is Delta and it’s rough to say the least. You must give yourself 3 options to make it to work so depending on where you are commuting from keep in mind this may mean coming in the day or night before a shift which starts to eat into your limited time off. We are at the bottom of the list to jump so just keep that in mind. If you can live in base your QOL will be much, much better.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: searching..

Good to see a newer thread about Boutique. I have heard mixed things about it. I have heard that if you can live in base it is much better, but commuting is doable but will impact QOL, like others have said.

Sreeder1, At least you have the option to drive. You are probably right between which one is better, drive or fly, but it's nice to have that as an option.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Pm me with your questions.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

What was the interview like? What was your total time at time of hire?
Old 02-03-2020, 09:17 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019

I'm interested in Boutique Air also. Any updates? In particular I'm looking at the Portland domicile.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by V35guy View Post
I'm interested in Boutique Air also. Any updates? In particular I'm looking at the Portland domicile.
there is another thread-Boutique air-updated info. Check that out. Portland is a small domicile with 1 route and a wait list for pilots wishing to transfer.