Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Alpine Air Hiring (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/127895-alpine-air-hiring.html)

cfii2007 06-08-2023 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Whitehorse (Post 3647549)
Any word on when hiring will resume for Be99 Captains?

I applied for SLC....haven't heard anything back yet.

BaltimorePilot 06-25-2023 04:01 PM

Hiring??

I’ve applied recently and was wondering if the mins are flexible. I’m only 50 hours away and still building time. Also is the Texas base commutable??

cfii2007 06-26-2023 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by BaltimorePilot (Post 3656166)
I’ve applied recently and was wondering if the mins are flexible. I’m only 50 hours away and still building time. Also is the Texas base commutable??

If you are talking about the Dennison, TX run, it's a charter schedule with roughly 2 weeks on 1 week off or something to that effect. From what I was told, you need to live there, but could commute home, on your dime.

Dr Beeper 08-11-2023 02:11 PM

Bumping this thread...

Does anyone out there have any insight into what new hire schedules are looking like out of BIL these days?

AlpineRecruit 08-16-2023 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Beeper (Post 3681233)
Bumping this thread...

Does anyone out there have any insight into what new hire schedules are looking like out of BIL these days?

Hi there Alpine's Recruiter here! Billings is actually looking to hire two captains right now. Classes are full through fall for First Officers but as the need arises and we hire, we will put the hired pilot where needed each month.

nfpilot914 09-13-2023 10:25 AM

What is the DEN based schedule like?

Alpine Pilot 11-15-2023 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 (Post 3696473)
What is the DEN based schedule like?

I know we already talked about this a while back via email, but I haven't been on here for a while so here it is for the sake of other pilots.

Monday: Show around 5pm for a simple out and back flight that's only 2 or 3 legs. A couple examples are DEN-CYS-DEN or DEN-HDN-RWL-DEN, and it's about a 3 or 4 hour day.

Tuesday-Thursday: Show time is around 5:45am, takes an hour or more to get loaded, then fly a leg or two. You spend most of the day in your outstation at an apartment. Then you meet the drivers in the evening, fly a leg or two, back in Denver 8pm(ish).

Saturday: It's just out and backs like Monday, but in the morning instead of in the evening.

Sunday: No cargo moves on Sunday.

Alpine Pilot 11-15-2023 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by BaltimorePilot (Post 3656166)

Alpine doesn't hire pilots that commute:
With the way our operation works commuting isn't really good for either you, or our sanity when trying to set the pilot schedules. As a result we don't hire any pilots that commute from outside of a reasonably local area to their assigned base. So if you want to drive in from Provo to SLC to fly the line, that's fine and I hope you like to drive, but you can't commute from Las Vegas or Phoenix to SLC. Some of our pilots live in outstations instead of the main base, but those are special cases where it actually works better to have a pilot that lives in the outstation. For example, in Denver we have a run that goes out to Rawlins (RWL) on the weekdays and then the plane stays in RWL from Saturday morning until Monday afternoon. For now we leave a car there and the Saturday pilot has to drive back to Denver after he lands in Rawlins, which means the Monday pilot then has to drive out to Rawlins to get the plane and fly back to Denver. It's a 4 hour drive each way, so if anybody just wants to live in Rawlins (Wyoming) and meets 135 PIC mins, please let me know :)

Our Texas charter ops:
For those that don't know, we do on demand cargo charters and the base for that is Denison (GYI), which is on the North side of the Dallas Metro. Some of our charter pilots do commute from outside of Texas, but they were already Alpine pilots originally based in other locations like Billings and Salt Lake City, and they originally helped us get the charter base up and running. We do not direct hire pilots to Denison that aren't willing to live within a callout distance specified by the charter operations manager. I think that's a 30(ish) minute circle around GYI, but I'm not positive on that and I can check if somebody really wants to know.

TXskies 03-14-2024 03:57 PM

Hiring

Originally Posted by Alpine Pilot (Post 3724902)
Alpine doesn't hire pilots that commute:
With the way our operation works commuting isn't really good for either you, or our sanity when trying to set the pilot schedules. As a result we don't hire any pilots that commute from outside of a reasonably local area to their assigned base. So if you want to drive in from Provo to SLC to fly the line, that's fine and I hope you like to drive, but you can't commute from Las Vegas or Phoenix to SLC. Some of our pilots live in outstations instead of the main base, but those are special cases where it actually works better to have a pilot that lives in the outstation. For example, in Denver we have a run that goes out to Rawlins (RWL) on the weekdays and then the plane stays in RWL from Saturday morning until Monday afternoon. For now we leave a car there and the Saturday pilot has to drive back to Denver after he lands in Rawlins, which means the Monday pilot then has to drive out to Rawlins to get the plane and fly back to Denver. It's a 4 hour drive each way, so if anybody just wants to live in Rawlins (Wyoming) and meets 135 PIC mins, please let me know :)

Our Texas charter ops:
For those that don't know, we do on demand cargo charters and the base for that is Denison (GYI), which is on the North side of the Dallas Metro. Some of our charter pilots do commute from outside of Texas, but they were already Alpine pilots originally based in other locations like Billings and Salt Lake City, and they originally helped us get the charter base up and running. We do not direct hire pilots to Denison that aren't willing to live within a callout distance specified by the charter operations manager. I think that's a 30(ish) minute circle around GYI, but I'm not positive on that and I can check if somebody really wants to know.

What flight times are competitve in 2024? I applied to a 99 captain position, never heard anything back. The position was deleted from the website so I'm assuming it was filled. I also applied to a 1900 captain out of TUL and haven't heard anything back. Wondering if I'm competitve enough. 1538 TT, 160 ME, 38 Turbine, 100 Night, 1443 PIC, 834 XC, 111 Instrument... willing to live anywhere.

Lakecity19 03-23-2024 09:12 PM

Don't bother applying. I heard we are laying off a bunch of people. Alpine is a total dumpster fire right now. Everyone is worried about losing their job and getting out asap. New COO is flying the company into the ground. I'm getting the F out.