Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Alpine Air Hiring (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/127895-alpine-air-hiring.html)

desertfly3r 09-11-2020 08:30 PM

Can anyone here chime in on what Alpine is looking for in terms of hours to be competitive? I’ve applied twice and have over 1500 hours, 400 multi, and 300 night. Received TBNT emails both times? I understand it’s a tight market and am just looking for insight as to what kind of hours people have that they are hiring. Thanks.

Jet757 09-12-2020 04:40 AM

I had ATP 2300 TT,
1600 Turbine,
350 TPIC.
900hrs Turboprop
670 Night
200 actual instrument
Degree

Previous 135 freight experience with no auto pilot and a clean record. Also got TBNT.

So yeah. It's just one kick after another these days.

Probably gonna go work for McDonald's pretty soon.

TeamSasquatch 09-12-2020 06:50 PM

This is old info, but I turned down a job a few years go at Alpine. Only because I took a job closer to home. Similar flight times and nothing special. I went and toured the Billings operation, meet with the Chief and talked to some pilots on here. At that time, people left after getting some TPIC time for the next job. Sounded like a fairly predictable attrition. I bet In today’s world, No movement equals no open jobs. I did see a new job posted for them last week. I think it was out of Denver. Maybe worth re applying. I’m guessing that once Covid is gone, you’ll be able to skip alpine and go to a next level job.

TransWorld 09-13-2020 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 3127755)
This is old info, but I turned down a job a few years go at Alpine. Only because I took a job closer to home. Similar flight times and nothing special. I went and toured the Billings operation, meet with the Chief and talked to some pilots on here. At that time, people left after getting some TPIC time for the next job. Sounded like a fairly predictable attrition. I bet In today’s world, No movement equals no open jobs. I did see a new job posted for them last week. I think it was out of Denver. Maybe worth re applying. I’m guessing that once Covid is gone, you’ll be able to skip alpine and go to a next level job.

Just because COVID-19 is gone, it will take some time to get the furloughed back on board before the hiring train starts up again.

nfpilot914 09-25-2020 01:09 PM

Do these guys ever hire Part-time pilots? I’m referring to a job post via LinkedIn for Alpine-Air that advertised full and part-time. Thanks!

MadmanX2 09-26-2020 09:12 AM

When I was at that level I sent my resume in 4 or 5 different times. Not even a TBNT letter, just crickets. Moved on to better places.

Through out my career I have received some very nice rejection letters. It was nice to know those companies cared enough to respond.

Meep 10-02-2020 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MadmanX2 (Post 3136074)
When I was at that level I sent my resume in 4 or 5 different times. Not even a TBNT letter, just crickets. Moved on to better places.

Through out my career I have received some very nice rejection letters. It was nice to know those companies cared enough to respond.

At this point even experienced pilots will be lucky to get jobs at these types of places.

Jeepers 06-01-2021 06:37 AM

Anyone have a recent info on Alpine? Competitive times to get a call back for a Be99 job? Any ideas which bases will be filled?

Thanks!

250kt Final 06-01-2021 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepers (Post 3243935)
Anyone have a recent info on Alpine? Competitive times to get a call back for a Be99 job? Any ideas which bases will be filled?

Thanks!

I would just apply or email a resume. I’ve noticed the 135 cargo guys have been posting jobs lately. As the unofficial sign the industry is recovering. (The laid off pilots last year who used 135 cargo as a crutch have moved on to bigger and better)

Jeepers 06-01-2021 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 250kt Final (Post 3243986)
I would just apply or email a resume. I’ve noticed the 135 cargo guys have been posting jobs lately. As the unofficial sign the industry is recovering. (The laid off pilots last year who used 135 cargo as a crutch have moved on to bigger and better)

I put in an application last week. Just trying to get some information if I’m even competitive for the job currently.