Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 08:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by stang View Post
How about on the DPJ side? I fully anticipate it will be sept or later there. June / July seemed optimistic which is what I was given being hired into the pool
I think Sept or later is likely. Even if demand comes back to their business at 100% of pre-COVID levels, there won’t be any attrition. They said that they normally lose 5 pilots/month to the majors, and hire to fill those holes. If no majors are hiring, I doubt they will need to hire anytime soon unless their business starts booming and they decide to expand beyond pre-COVID levels. It’s a relatively young pilot group, so you can’t count on a meaningful number of retirements.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Default Volunteers

This email came out today, if anybody is interested, I know there might be some folks on the 120 LWOP.

Looking for volunteers to work with Gama’s Integration Chairman, and similar representatives from TMC and DPJ. There will be a PIC and a SIC line pilot from each Gama fleet, plus alternate (pic/sic) working with line pilots and Chairmen from the other 2 companies. The committee will be facilitated by a legal team; Wheels Up is their client. The group of pilots on the committee will be integral in helping Wheels Up management come to a uniform system for pay, benefits and other terms of employment.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up That's awesome!

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
This email came out today, if anybody is interested, I know there might be some folks on the 120 LWOP.

Looking for volunteers to work with Gama’s Integration Chairman, and similar representatives from TMC and DPJ. There will be a PIC and a SIC line pilot from each Gama fleet, plus alternate (pic/sic) working with line pilots and Chairmen from the other 2 companies. The committee will be facilitated by a legal team; Wheels Up is their client. The group of pilots on the committee will be integral in helping Wheels Up management come to a uniform system for pay, benefits and other terms of employment.
That's great news! Everyone will be on a level playing field, so no envies to mess up the camaraderie! The next question would be whether you all can move around in the WUP system, i.e., a DPJ or TMC pilot that lives where the King Air frequents, but the jets don't.... could one of those pilots move to the King Air? Or vice verso?
Old 05-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

What email? Nothing on the DPJ side.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
What email? Nothing on the DPJ side.
I didn’t get one from GAMA either, but my pilot supervisor forwarded us the one he got.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Whoever is on that committee, kill and replace our crap health insurance, please.

all my family’s medical events have been billed back to us because our providers don’t know how to work with AMwins/IHP2/whatever their name is. I have to submit each claim myself and act as go between for my provider and AMwins.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

The health insurance is actually very good. The problem is persuading the girl behind the desk that her office does in fact accept it. It usually takes a call from the health insurance company before they understand what they’re dealing with. It is frustrating for sure but the plan itself is very generous compared to others I’ve seen.

I’m hoping that we’re able to negotiate more vacation time and a better 401k match per years served on the Gama side. I’ve always said this is a great job but severely lacking when it comes to longevity incentives. This could make it a career destination. The way things are going in the industry most of us may be here a while regardless.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
The health insurance is actually very good. The problem is persuading the girl behind the desk that her office does in fact accept it. It usually takes a call from the health insurance company before they understand what they’re dealing with. It is frustrating for sure but the plan itself is very generous compared to others I’ve seen.

I’m hoping that we’re able to negotiate more vacation time and a better 401k match per years served on the Gama side. I’ve always said this is a great job but severely lacking when it comes to longevity incentives. This could make it a career destination. The way things are going in the industry most of us may be here a while regardless.
I have had a 50/50 experience with the health insurance, the process requires quite a bit of leg work on our side. Multiple phone calls to AMWINs to resolve billing issues, pay close attention to your EOB’s. Just because you fill out the DR nomination form does not put them in “network”, there is patient responsibility block that gets applied to your deductible, 250.00 out of pocket without the co-pay, they could do better.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Veterans

Did everyone receive the email about honoring veterans on Memorial Day?
Old 05-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by siuaviation View Post
Yes, I filed my unemployment claim for underemployment this past week. I’m on the 8/13. I should be hearing back this week regarding approval/denial. I have friends who were approved for underemployment, non-pilots, so I’m hoping I’ll get approved. I live in Illinois.
Has anyone else had any luck with this?