Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: King Air 350i

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Has anyone else had any luck with this?
My claim was approved, BTW, and I’ve been getting the maximum state weekly benefits along with the additional $600/week from the federal government. I’m on the 8/13 schedule and live in Illinois.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by siuaviation View Post
My claim was approved, BTW, and I’ve been getting the maximum state weekly benefits along with the additional $600/week from the federal government. I’m on the 8/13 schedule and live in Illinois.
Granted every state is different are you making more money, less or about the same with your slashed salary plus underemployment benefits compared to your normal 8/6 WU salary.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by siuaviation View Post
Who are you with? DPJ told us that we had to file with Kentucky for unemployment. Nothing has been said about underemployment. The 8/13 pay is dismal.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:49 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by 250kt Final View Post
Granted every state is different are you making more money, less or about the same with your slashed salary plus underemployment benefits compared to your normal 8/6 WU salary.
I’m a First Officer so I’m actually making more with unemployment/underemployment than my 8/6 salary.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
Who are you with? DPJ told us that we had to file with Kentucky for unemployment. Nothing has been said about underemployment. The 8/13 pay is dismal.
I’m with Gama. Illinois has underemployment benefits during this time. I filed a normal unemployment claim and there is an option to select if you’re currently employed full time but your hours/pay has been temporarily reduced.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

I'm in the same boat. Last year left a 121 gig that I was for 17 years pushing heavy metal across the skies. As I am bumping up against my built in decrepitude date for 121 ops figured I would shift a little earlier to 135 so that I could work past that date and establish myself in a new company. Took a huge pay cut, figured (and was told) I would upgrade quick. Now I am stuck making FO wages on partial pay with little to no opportunities for upgrade. Should have stayed where I was, as I would still be making full pay.

Yes, I am RAC I guess, but I was working at a bottom feeder ACMI outfit. I work hard at the new job
Old 05-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Has anyone heard anything about potentially bringing people back from reduced schedules early? I know I worked my a** off during my last tour and I know I'm not the only one on the blue/white tails. I was busier than a normal busy summer tour. How busy is it on the DPJ and TMC tails?
Old 05-23-2020, 02:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Has anyone heard anything about potentially bringing people back from reduced schedules early? I know I worked my a** off during my last tour and I know I'm not the only one on the blue/white tails. I was busier than a normal busy summer tour. How busy is it on the DPJ and TMC tails?
Flew 4 legs Thursday, two of them brand new customers, WUP rep showed up for one and told us that WUP did 90 flights The day before. They do not have enough crews now to cover AOG’s.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
Flew 4 legs Thursday, two of them brand new customers, WUP rep showed up for one and told us that WUP did 90 flights The day before. They do not have enough crews now to cover AOG’s.
Half my flights last week were new members, and we had several days turn into long ones recovering AOGs. If we are pushing 90 flights a day, based on what I remember KD saying in the last call, we must be getting close to 75% of normal. Time to bring everyone who wants to return to 8/6 back!!

On a side note, I think they should keep the 8/13 schedule around and let a certain percentage of crews bid it for portions of the year. Keep the percentage small like the 52-day schedule at Netjets. 4 bid periods a year would let you transition on and off the 8/13 with no weird tours. I could see it going senior sometimes and junior others. I know I'd love an option to drop down to a reduced schedule at times!
Old 05-23-2020, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Half my flights last week were new members, and we had several days turn into long ones recovering AOGs. If we are pushing 90 flights a day, based on what I remember KD saying in the last call, we must be getting close to 75% of normal. Time to bring everyone who wants to return to 8/6 back!!

On a side note, I think they should keep the 8/13 schedule around and let a certain percentage of crews bid it for portions of the year. Keep the percentage small like the 52-day schedule at Netjets. 4 bid periods a year would let you transition on and off the 8/13 with no weird tours. I could see it going senior sometimes and junior others. I know I'd love an option to drop down to a reduced schedule at times!
I 100% agree with keeping the 8/13 schedule around even after things go back to normal. In my current situation with no childcare options and the wife having a job, 8/13 actually works out better for me until the kid goes back to school.

I also remember some guys, especially retired airline guys, expressing a desire for some kind of part time option.