Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 05-05-2021, 06:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by OnFloats View Post
Well, the good news is I’ve been swimming in the DPJ pool long enough to perfect my backstroke, butterfly stroke and my freestyle. The bad news is that it’s been so long I think I might be turning into a fish...

I’m doing my best to remain patient as we all wait for good news from the company, and it seems like the industry as a whole is starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I would love to have an idea of what growth looks like right now. Stang mentioned being slightly overstaffed on the jets, and I’m wondering if there is enough demand now that there is at least some internal movement. Anyone have any insight on this?

At the end of the day, I’m so thankful to at least be in the pool, and I’m very excited about the opportunity to join this company. Just hope it’s sooner rather than later!
Wheels Up Aviation (GAMA) is hiring for the KingAir. A lot of the former DPJ, TMC, and Mountain slots are being offered internally at this time. I’m not much help with the whole process unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Wheels Up Aviation (GAMA) is hiring for the KingAir. A lot of the former DPJ, TMC, and Mountain slots are being offered internally at this time. I’m not much help with the whole process unfortunately.
Pool update from DPJ just came out. Now everyone into the KingAir with class dates this spring / summer with and increase to the GAMA minimums from DPJ's previously 1500 / ATP or R-ATP mins.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:48 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2021

Saw the email, thanks for all the info guys!
Old 05-05-2021, 09:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by stang View Post
Pool update from DPJ just came out. Now everyone into the KingAir with class dates this spring / summer with and increase to the GAMA minimums from DPJ's previously 1500 / ATP or R-ATP mins.
Well... that’s one way to flush your entire pool. Wish they would’ve told us that a year ago when they hired us. Thankfully I’ve landed a flying job elsewhere, but I feel terrible for those who were waiting for a training slot who don’t meet the new hiring mins anymore.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Maybe I’m optimistic, but how many people would apply to right seat of the King Air at 2500hrs and 500 turbine? They could likely get picked up at Flexjet with the same time? Maybe even Netjets?
Old 05-05-2021, 12:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Maybe I’m optimistic, but how many people would apply to right seat of the King Air at 2500hrs and 500 turbine? They could likely get picked up at Flexjet with the same time? Maybe even Netjets?
Valid point. I was just making a point that while I’m not 100% sure, Wheels Up may fill all of their Jet needs from our other fleets. I’m not sure what the upgrade time is at FlexJet, but right
now it’s at 9+ years at NetJets so it’s all in what you want. Provided you have the required time for Argus/Wyvern you can upgrade at 1 year in the KingAir. Then when the need arises you can transition to one of the Jet fleets at WheelsUp.

I’m not trying to sway anyone one way or another, but just trying to provide a little insight into why it may take a while to get the call if it ever comes for WheelsUp Jets.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Come on over to NetJets. You will make more here as an FO than a captain at WUP. No health insurance premiums, way better 401k match, Better schedule, vacation, sick time and PTO.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Valid point. I was just making a point that while I’m not 100% sure, Wheels Up may fill all of their Jet needs from our other fleets. I’m not sure what the upgrade time is at FlexJet, but right
now it’s at 9+ years at NetJets so it’s all in what you want. Provided you have the required time for Argus/Wyvern you can upgrade at 1 year in the KingAir. Then when the need arises you can transition to one of the Jet fleets at WheelsUp.

I’m not trying to sway anyone one way or another, but just trying to provide a little insight into why it may take a while to get the call if it ever comes for WheelsUp Jets.
I get what you’re saying. I just think WUP will have trouble filling seats in the coming years if you go into the KA first and need the mins they claim. Just a wild guess at this point though.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Just a heads up, it seems the normal progression of King Air pilots going to the jets is changing. In the past, a King Air captain that transitions to an FO on the jet kept their pay. Starting with this last Gama FO XL bid, all captains will go down to FO pay if they accept the award. If this is the case from now on, there is no incentive for a KA captain to bid one of the jets unless they plan on putting out specific captain slots.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking WOW!

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
Just a heads up, it seems the normal progression of King Air pilots going to the jets is changing. In the past, a King Air captain that transitions to an FO on the jet kept their pay. Starting with this last Gama FO XL bid, all captains will go down to FO pay if they accept the award. If this is the case from now on, there is no incentive for a KA captain to bid one of the jets unless they plan on putting out specific captain slots.
Wow! That is really counterintuitive at a time airline hiring is starting to heat back up and qualified pilots are getting harder to find and keep, and they choose now to make negative changes like that and with the insurance. Sounds like it's time for the long rumored and whispered WUPA....