Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 07-26-2021, 05:17 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Wheels Up/ Game

You guys should organize, screw the threats walk in with tour union reps, and an attorney into BK'x office they cannot fire you for trying to organize

Six year guys are PIC on the Excel at $112K? Should be $140 today. Time to pony up.

Guys are out sick with 19, they took sick time, comp time, vacation time> Wrong that Worker's comp. You guys have got to get something going here..
Old 07-26-2021, 06:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
You guys should organize, screw the threats walk in with tour union reps, and an attorney into BK'x office they cannot fire you for trying to organize

Six year guys are PIC on the Excel at $112K? Should be $140 today. Time to pony up.

Guys are out sick with 19, they took sick time, comp time, vacation time> Wrong that Worker's comp. You guys have got to get something going here..

We have too many weenies who think it’s their privilege to fly an airplane and would do it for free so this will never happen. They get excited by 14 hour days and min rest, because they’re “accomplishing the mission”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So I got a Luggage Works 22" bag that (I'm told) will fit in the wing locker. Lots of fancy pockets on it, but that got me to wondering whether or not anyone can confirm/deny if your electronics are safe in the locker--any issues with your laptops, iPads, etc. due to the temperatures? I'm told that there is very little room for a backpack/personal bag in the aircraft for the crew so looking for any gouge here. Many thanks.

Roach
I carried electronics in the wing locker for a couple years without any issue.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Lucy View Post

Now now. Only happy little thoughts allowed on this forum.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:54 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Now now. Only happy little thoughts allowed on this forum.
IDK about you, but that sounds pretty happy to me. Hes not lying either. I'm open to giving them a few more months to figure this all out, but changes need to be happening weekly, not yearly. This tour we had so many people calling fatigue because they're working us to the bone. Additionally. 14 people left in the last 13 days (as of a few days ago).
Old 08-04-2021, 06:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: B777 CA, Ret.

Just curious if anyone has any intel on the MA side of the operation?
Old 08-04-2021, 08:03 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Tankerdz View Post
IDK about you, but that sounds pretty happy to me. Hes not lying either. I'm open to giving them a few more months to figure this all out, but changes need to be happening weekly, not yearly. This tour we had so many people calling fatigue because they're working us to the bone. Additionally. 14 people left in the last 13 days (as of a few days ago).
Are you guys still doing your own flight planning, and scrambling in your turn time to try to get a meal? Two simple changes they could make almost instantly to make life easier on the road.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

I'm sitting next to at last one WU crew here at Crosswinds at Nantucket (KACK) and neither crew looks to be stressed with scrambling (and the service is certainly NOT fast) :-)
Old 08-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
I'm sitting next to at last one WU crew here at Crosswinds at Nantucket (KACK) and neither crew looks to be stressed with scrambling (and the service is certainly NOT fast) :-)
That maybe an isolated case. I can tell you from experience that planning for 5 flights, weather, notams, TFR's etc, then doing the weight & balance and fuel planning on top is time consuming. Most of that occurs at the hotel the night before when you're supposed to be on rest and more often than not it was all for nothing when the flights get pulled and replaced with new trips.

I'm not one to bash Wheels Up. I had a good 6 years there but now I'm at a place where all of that stuff is done for you and crew meals are provided throughout the day. The difference is significant.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021
Default Just curious

Out of curiosity I am looking to joining Wheels Up in a year or so. However, for y'all that have been there awhile how many hours do you manage to get in a year on the KA side? Are the King Air's single pilot and do you get a single pilot type? What are upgrade times? Any chance of getting waivers for mins depending on ones background? Thanks in advance.