Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
It’s been quiet here on this thread for a while. Is there any news on hiring, pay, QOL, 7/7 schedule, direct entry captains, are you all flying a lot, morale? Based on the jobs I’ve been seeing on JSFirm there is quite a bit of movement in the industry. Just trying to get this thing kick started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the active pilots plus new hires are receiving equity grants from 25-35K that vest over the next 3 years. I’ve heard rumors DEC captain positions will be opening soon, makes sense. Morale is low right now, but we’re expecting productivity bonus schedule and retention bonuses announced soon (hoping by end of year). We’ve lost a lot of pilots, and the company has to keep up if they want to attract new ones/keep the ones they have. We’re flying our tails off. I flew 27 legs and 36 hours my last 8 day rotation.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Sorry to hear about morale, but the few WUP pilots I know have not been too happy about things lately. I would have thought with DPJ joining the ranks that a true dispatch position would have been added. Are you all still doing all of the paperwork and flight planning? What is an equity grant? I’m sure there must be some hooks in it?

Old 10-02-2021, 04:07 PM
Line Holder

Sorry to hear about morale, but the few WUP pilots I know have not been too happy about things lately. I would have thought with DPJ joining the ranks that a true dispatch position would have been added. Are you all still doing all of the paperwork and flight planning? What is an equity grant? I’m sure there must be some hooks in it?

Yeah morale is overall pretty low, personally I’m getting my apps out and if any big upgrades call me I’d go but otherwise I’ll stay because I do thing this will be a good company to work for once they get out everything they want to. Equity grant is stocks given to the employees, they vest over a 3 year period so you get 1/3 of the stock each year.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Line Holder

Ok, So the “Good Company” is not if, but when. Seems like a lot of things have been hoped for, for a long time. The grants should help attrition some but if you are not happy then money doesn’t really help with that.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Line Holder

Ok, So the “Good Company” is not if, but when. Seems like a lot of things have been hoped for, for a long time. The grants should help attrition some but if you are not happy then money doesn’t really help with that.

The grants will help absolutely 0, it’s all money in the future, 1,2,3 years away. Does nothing to slow attrition right now. The company has been open about admitting they know they are behind, but they can’t make all the changes they want to at once. They have been good about doing what they said they would, just takes time. Most the high level guys think the $$ stuff should be by the end of the year

Old 10-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Line Holder

So no rumors on a 7/7 schedule or real Dispatchers? Flight planning takes a big chunk of your time doesn’t it?

Old 10-02-2021, 04:39 PM
Line Holder

So no rumors on a 7/7 schedule or real Dispatchers? Flight planning takes a big chunk of your time doesn’t it?

Really depends on the person, some guys make it more difficult on themself. I plan 1 flight the morning of (filing the flight plan the night before) which I give myself 15 min to do. The rest get done in flight, and if I don’t have time in flight then I do them on the ground between flights. Anyone spending more then 15 min the night before/morning of is just making more work for themselves. There’s been talk of dispatchers, personally I’d rather concentrate the improvement efforts elsewhere. Doubt we’d be getting a 7/7, besides netjets 8/6 is pretty industry standard
Old 10-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Line Holder

Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate it.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:48 PM
Line Holder

Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate it.

Of course! Hopefully others looking to come here will get questions answered from this too
Old 10-02-2021, 05:04 PM
Line Holder

I’m still interested. COVID got in the way, but things are turning back around. I’ll probably hold out for DEC on the 350.