Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020
Talking hey b727drvr

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
You a VNR survivor, Bro...? And there was a Union at the end just before the doors closed on 06/26/13...., The UTU. Voted in too late to make any difference.
You are saying a lot of things I'm a DPJ 2013 start YOU?
we can talk
Old 03-25-2020, 05:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Does DPJ or TMC have furlough language in their policies? Gama only has lay-off language that requires reapplying to your position if it opens up again.
ask B727DRVR he seems to know every ting aviation
Old 03-25-2020, 08:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking LOL...

Originally Posted by goingplaces View Post
ask B727DRVR he seems to know every ting aviation
Dats right, Mon... Every-ting!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Default VNR = Avantair

Originally Posted by goingplaces View Post
You are saying a lot of things I'm a DPJ 2013 start YOU?
we can talk
No sir,

Not a DPJ guy, but know a few guys over there. I was asking Das Auto about being a fellow VNR survivor.. Congratulations on the WheelsUp merger, by the way.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Which one of you man-babies complained to the supervisors about the base consolidation? Good grief. The aviation world is a mess and you complain about a 4-5 hour drive to your new temporary base?!

Pre corona, I spent about 4+ hours in travel to my assigned plane anyway! And I live at a tier 1 base. (GAMA)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
Which one of you man-babies complained to the supervisors about the base consolidation? Good grief. The aviation world is a mess and you complain about a 4-5 hour drive to your new temporary base?!

Pre corona, I spent about 4+ hours in travel to my assigned plane anyway! And I live at a tier 1 base. (GAMA)
I'm both astounded and embarrassed that some people would have the audacity to complain that their lives have been temporarily inconvenienced by all of this. I can only assume that its the "hobby" pilots. The 65 plus guys that don't need a job, but don't like golf and get on the wife's nerves at home.
I already offered up my spare room should hotel accommodation become an issue where I live, and I'm more than happy to be flexible with the schedule.
Time to hunker down and embrace the suck until this blows over. Lets just hope that we have a demand for flying that will continue to produce revenue in the meantime.
There are hundreds, possible thousands of guys who would gladly switch places with us right now.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post

Base consolidation is so pilots will walk on more often? Then so be it.
I’ll bet you’ll see that most will be airlining to a plane anyway. Tier 1 or tier 2 base, if you have to airline anyway why does it matter where from? Also IMO airliners and terminals are the cleanest its ever been and social distancing is easy when your flight and the terminals are empty.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I'm both astounded and embarrassed that some people would have the audacity to complain that their lives have been temporarily inconvenienced by all of this. I can only assume that its the "hobby" pilots. The 65 plus guys that don't need a job, but don't like golf and get on the wife's nerves at home.
I already offered up my spare room should hotel accommodation become an issue where I live, and I'm more than happy to be flexible with the schedule.
Time to hunker down and embrace the suck until this blows over. Lets just hope that we have a demand for flying that will continue to produce revenue in the meantime.
There are hundreds, possible thousands of guys who would gladly switch places with us right now.
Lets all calm down. Fear and the unknown are hitting people in different ways. I agree in principle that we should all be thankful WUP keeping the pay roll flowing even if it cause slightly more effort on are part. However this virus can be anywhere especially in the hotels and takeout food we order every night. So why if government has labeled transportation industry work as “high risk” of exposure. Why not argue to keep your base. While the logic of what the company implemented makes perfect sense for on/off travel due to the current situation. One can easily argue they do little to protect us during off duty time. So what’s the real difference on how we get to work. Catch Corona on United Airlines from a tier 2 city or catch it from the Uber eats driver in KBED

Last edited by LLWS09R; 03-30-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Lets all calm down. Fear and the unknown are hitting people in different ways. I agree in principle that we should all be thankful WUP keeping the pay roll flowing even if it cause slightly more effort on are part. However this virus can be anywhere especially in the hotels and takeout food we order every night. So why if government has labeled transportation industry work as “high risk” of exposure. Why not argue to keep your base. While the logic of what the company implemented makes perfect sense for on/off travel due to the current situation. One can easily argue they do little to protect us during off duty time. So what’s the real difference on how we get to work. Catch Corona on United Airlines from a tier 2 city or catch it from the Uber eats driver in KBED
It's not about fear and the stress it causes it's about a small group of people who whine and complain because they have to order takeout for dinner etc.
I'll be the first person to argue that if we're working hard and the company is doing well we deserve a slice of the pie, but it's a two way street.
The other side of the coin is what we're dealing with right now. The guys on the top floor are under enormous pressure to keep the wheels moving and a little flexibility from the guys on the line shouldn't be too much to ask.
The "man-babies" as Mike calls them need to give it a rest. Its not helping the cause.
It's like complaining to the fire department when they ask you to leave your burning home while they attempt to put out the flames.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
It's not about fear and the stress it causes it's about a small group of people who whine and complain because they have to order takeout for dinner etc.
I'll be the first person to argue that if we're working hard and the company is doing well we deserve a slice of the pie, but it's a two way street.
The other side of the coin is what we're dealing with right now. The guys on the top floor are under enormous pressure to keep the wheels moving and a little flexibility from the guys on the line shouldn't be too much to ask under the circumstances.
The "man-babies" as Mike calls them need to give it a rest. Its not helping the cause.
I get it..... And I get what the company doing. However some of the concepts of what I “assume” the email addresses was perhaps more factorial based than emotionally based. I can contract Corona on United Ailrines as fast and easy as I can get it from a Subway sandwich worker. So why cause undo stress on myself and family. If there’s no evidence to prove I will not contract the virus anywhere on the road. At this point let’s all play the game. However we all know that’s far from the truth of what’s going on currently.
As a side note I live in a base that’s currently a staging base so my view is inline with MIKE and Das Auto view. However if I was force to drive huge volumes of hours I’d make the same argument the others probably are making. Or realistically I would throw in the towel and let the young generation spread there wings. I have a military retirement and run a small business. However as it currently stands my schedule is the exact same before the virus hit. So it business as usual for me.