Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC) >

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 03-30-2020, 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Getting to the aircraft on day 1 and getting home on day 8 might become more of a challenge with the massive reduction in airline flights. They could have pilots stranded in airports all over the place. That isn't reliable enough to ensure that our members flights are crewed, and people are getting home on day 8.
I understand their reasoning is to reduce possible exposure on the airlines. I suspect it's both.
Maybe the plan is to fly a King Air to and from the temp bases as an employee shuttle like Flex is doing with their Phenoms?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Eddard View Post
Base consolidation is so pilots will walk on more often? Then so be it.
I’ll bet you’ll see that most will be airlining to a plane anyway. Tier 1 or tier 2 base, if you have to airline anyway why does it matter where from? Also IMO airliners and terminals are the cleanest its ever been and social distancing is easy when your flight and the terminals are empty.
My last off tour travel went thru MCO and ATL, MCO was far from empty and social distancing only happened in the airplane itself. MCO was a fudgefest . The food court was open and people were sitting right on top of each other. Less than 72 hours later TSA announced 5 agents in MCO tested positive for the virus. We are moving in the right direction with walking on to an airplane and I have no problem driving further. I have problem with potentially being exposed because it was the cheapest and easiest thing to do.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
My last off tour travel went thru MCO and ATL, MCO was far from empty and social distancing only happened in the airplane itself. MCO was a fudgefest . The food court was open and people were sitting right on top of each other. Less than 72 hours later TSA announced 5 agents in MCO tested positive for the virus. We are moving in the right direction with walking on to an airplane and I have no problem driving further. I have problem with potentially being exposed because it was the cheapest and easiest thing to do.
Exactly! Driving to Walk on to a plane is one thing.
Driving 4 to 5 plus to then airline is another.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Excellent point. And that maybe that’s why people are complaining to the company.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Has that actually happened to anyone? If not what’s the point in getting all worked up about it?
Old 03-30-2020, 02:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Has that actually happened to anyone? If not what’s the point in getting all worked up about it?
Since it’s a procedure that just started and people start coming on tour and off tour Tuesday. We shall see won’t we. And I can tell you that I go home tomorrow. There isn’t any Walking off for me tomorrow. I’ll be airlining.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Well if you believe the WUP pilot Facebook yes people are still taking commercial flights. I can’t confirm if it’s on or off duty travel. However your explanation of flights canceling creating a head ache getting people to work make complete sense now. I knew there was some pull down but even I’m shocked by that picture.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:22 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Didn’t the email say Wednesday starts were going away? I’m still on tour tomorrow with a rental car out of my original base (which isn’t part of the new base list) and my FO is arriving via airline travel. Just an FYI
Old 03-31-2020, 07:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
Didn’t the email say Wednesday starts were going away? I’m still on tour tomorrow with a rental car out of my original base (which isn’t part of the new base list) and my FO is arriving via airline travel. Just an FYI
I believe the wording in the letter was to minimize, not eliminate airline travel. I'm still amazed that people are griping. Rental car, uber, airline, personal vehicle or whatever, I don't care. I'd ride to work on the back of a camel right now if I had to.
We all need to remain flexible and suck it up until we're out of the woods. I promise no-one else is hiring at the moment (with the exception of the local supermarket.)

Stain driver, I believe the new start dates are effective beginning your next tour. I drove home to my original base in a rental car today. Next tour will be out of my new temp base.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

I believe the wording in the letter was to minimize, not eliminate airline travel. I'm still amazed that people are griping. Rental car, uber, airline, personal vehicle or whatever, I don't care. I'd ride to work on the back of a camel right now if I had to.
We all need to remain flexible and suck it up until we're out of the woods. I promise no-one else is hiring at the moment (with the exception of the local supermarket.)

Stain driver, I believe the new start dates are effective beginning your next tour. I drove home to my original base in a rental car today. Next tour will be out of my new temp base.

Gotcha. Sounds like they just messed up/didn’t clarify the effective date. Doesn’t make a difference to me, I just wanna make sure I get back to where my car is on day 8 lol