Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 06:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Couldn’t find any updated info for benefits so thought I would provide some info for any potential new hires like me.

Health insurance is currently 100% company paid for the employee which is nice. We will see if the plan is any good but $0 deductible CIGNA.

Only benefits I need to pay for are short term disability and dental which totals $54 a month. You could add voluntary life insurance if you want but I didn’t.

Hope it’s helpful for someone!
Old 02-17-2022, 04:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by tpgcirrus View Post
Couldn’t find any updated info for benefits so thought I would provide some info for any potential new hires like me.

Health insurance is currently 100% company paid for the employee which is nice. We will see if the plan is any good but $0 deductible CIGNA.

Only benefits I need to pay for are short term disability and dental which totals $54 a month. You could add voluntary life insurance if you want but I didn’t.

Hope it’s helpful for someone!

Thank you for the info! What about costs to add family members?
Old 02-17-2022, 04:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: A36
Default verify

Originally Posted by EMSER View Post
Well, Ive been on the property 3 1/2 months, flew 29.3 hours on my last tour, so as a 3 month FO I made $881 plus my perdiem of $47 each of the 7 days. I bought one meal in the 7 days otherwise I ate the catered food. The 29 hours is the norm for my fleet, all my classmates in the same fleet flew more than me in the same week, I was the “low” guy. So it seems I’m pretty much making what you make and I’m an FO with 3 months on the job. Oh, they are also matching my 401k contributions at 58%, I’m maxing it out, they will put in around 17K of company money into my 401K this year. So to say NJ is behind compensation is a gross understatement. Not to mention a classmate was a 15 year Challenger Captain from Flex. Never really heard of NJ pilots going to Flex, but we have plenty of Flex pilots here. Must be some kind of reason.
Pardon my ignorance. 29.3 in 3.5 months, or 29.3 the last seven day rotation( I think seven days)? $881 for how many days? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I remember when they were hiring street captains while some qualified F.O.s were being passed over. That definitely rustled a few feathers. I think it came down to candidates only accepting the job if they were offered a PIC position.
Either way, seniority has to be respected and moral takes a hit when certain people get special treatment. Wheels Up is far from perfect, hence the reason I now fly for a competitor, but from a personal standpoint they were a decent employer.
At least they were when Gama ran the show.
This isn’t a seniority issue, though. This is beyond that.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by glidslop View Post
Pardon my ignorance. 29.3 in 3.5 months, or 29.3 the last seven day rotation( I think seven days)? $881 for how many days? Thanks.
I’m sure they meant seven day rotation at NJ. That’s not WUP, though. You would have maybe gotten $50 somewhere along the line with them.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:10 AM
On Reserve

hello all, thinking about applying to Wheels Up/Gama. Some questions, do they reimburse for airport parking since you airline out to meet the plane? I can imagine that being costly, especially at the airport I would commute from (KSNA). Also, applying as an SIC, do they have an in house check out or do they send you to get a type rating? Is it more likely that crews that are Westcoast based commute to somewhere close? How likely is commuting far to meet the plane? KA SIC salary starts at 70K, correct? And last one, all KA's are either Proline 21 or Fusion, no EFIS? Thanks
Old 02-22-2022, 03:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
hello all, thinking about applying to Wheels Up/Gama. Some questions, do they reimburse for airport parking since you airline out to meet the plane? I can imagine that being costly, especially at the airport I would commute from (KSNA). Also, applying as an SIC, do they have an in house check out or do they send you to get a type rating? Is it more likely that crews that are Westcoast based commute to somewhere close? How likely is commuting far to meet the plane? KA SIC salary starts at 70K, correct? And last one, all KA's are either Proline 21 or Fusion, no EFIS? Thanks
Reimburse for airport parking: No. Either you pay out of pocket or work with an FBO at your base for parking. We use ACI at KSNA. Pretty sure there isn’t much spare parking there but who knows.
Send you for a type rating: Yes. Full PIC type. Be prepared to sign a 1 year training agreement for it. 20K thereabouts. Something like that.
Your commute: Be prepared for worst case scenario every week. The NE vortex. If you don’t get it, then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Salary: I think 70K is correct. Plus a little bit of soft money. Not enough to count on though.
All KA’s are either PL21 or Fusion.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:12 PM
New Hire

Have the wait times for IOE generally been about a month after the type rating? I am currently waiting for the email to start.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:47 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
Just got hired. The 1st year is prorated at 12 months for $12,500 (for the ATP). I'm on the westcoast too, so I'm prepared to be airlined wherever they need me. Send me a message if you have questions about applying.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:20 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Reimburse for airport parking: No. Either you pay out of pocket or work with an FBO at your base for parking. We use ACI at KSNA. Pretty sure there isn’t much spare parking there but who knows.
Send you for a type rating: Yes. Full PIC type. Be prepared to sign a 1 year training agreement for it. 20K thereabouts. Something like that.
Your commute: Be prepared for worst case scenario every week. The NE vortex. If you don’t get it, then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Salary: I think 70K is correct. Plus a little bit of soft money. Not enough to count on though.
All KA’s are either PL21 or Fusion.
Thanks for the info