Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 03-28-2022, 06:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by AnonJ View Post
1. Most pilots just use company paid Uber to get the airport. The company would also pay for “employee parking” if the airport offers it.
Not on the KA or Gama side. You're on your own until you enter the terminal building. Just another one of the sweet inconsistencies at WUP I guess.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Not on the KA or Gama side. You're on your own until you enter the terminal building. Just another one of the sweet inconsistencies at WUP I guess.
Is there work underway to harmonize these types of inconsistencies w/a timeline as to when things will be sorted?
Old 03-28-2022, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by ShrtSnorter View Post
Is there work underway to harmonize these types of inconsistencies w/a timeline as to when things will be sorted?
Who knows. Pilots will be the last to know absolutely anything about what's going on. You'd think some of these things (like the parking $$) could be done quick and easy. I guess not.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:19 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2022

For the King Air type, do they force you to take the checkride with another person and therefore you'd get the "Second in Command Required" limitation? Would they let you take the checkride single pilot to not have that limitation?
Old 03-28-2022, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
For the King Air type, do they force you to take the checkride with another person and therefore you'd get the "Second in Command Required" limitation? Would they let you take the checkride single pilot to not have that limitation?
Yup. All training and checking is done as a crew. Nothing single pilot.
Old 03-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
Anyone who gets their type after coming to Gama/WheelsUp gets an SIC required. It’s not advantageous to them to do unrestricted types, since we can’t operate single pilot.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021
Default BE400 interview tomorrow morning!

Hello everyone,

My BE400 FO interview is tomorrow morning.
I’d really appreciate the interview questions/details and any tips the could help!

Thank you all in advance!
Old 03-29-2022, 07:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by flyboyA380 View Post
Hello everyone,

My BE400 FO interview is tomorrow morning.
I’d really appreciate the interview questions/details and any tips the could help!

Thank you all in advance!
How’d it go?

Looked over several forums couldn’t find answers to these questions…I apologize if it does exist and I missed it. What is the current timeline for upgrade? Is the step pay based off of years? If you upgrade or switch airframe, do you go back to step 1 or keep your step?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2022, 08:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Chamisoso View Post
How’d it go?

Looked over several forums couldn’t find answers to these questions…I apologize if it does exist and I missed it. What is the current timeline for upgrade? Is the step pay based off of years? If you upgrade or switch airframe, do you go back to step 1 or keep your step?

Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken, you keep your step until the new fleet scale catches up. In other words, you don't lose money by switching fleets going CA --> FO.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
I no longer work for WU but I always expensed my Uber rides to the airport and no one ever said a word.