Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 03-22-2020, 02:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Thank you! I agree 101%
Yes I am no longer in the military where I had to leave my family alone at home to deal with things like natural disasters and such. Nothing in civilian sector is more important than the well being of my family. God knows they have done without me enough during trying times like this, they deserve better. If we are truly family at WUP, then the BOD should have no problem with us tending to our own flock, asking us work more would be selfish on their part. It is something they would have to figure out.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
It may have nice to have more that a 6 minute warning that the call was happening.
I think we are about due for an all hands conference call today
Old 03-24-2020, 11:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
FlexJet just announced they are no longer using airlines to move their pilots on/off tour, and instead will be using their own fleet to guarantee pilots will be able to get home in these very weird times we live in. Would like to see a similar announcement from WUP.
This is a smart move on FlexJets part. We are behind the power curve on this. I don’t know about any of you but I had to travel thru some these places last tour. News article attached:March 21, the TSA confirmed additional cases among officers at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and Cyril E. King International Airport in the U.S. Virgin Islands (STT). On March 22, the TSA identified more cases at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).

As of Monday, the TSA had listed 23 confirmed cases recorded since late February:
  • 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York
  • 4 at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in California
  • 4 at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Florida
  • 2 at Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Florida
  • 2 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Georgia
  • 2 at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in New Jersey
  • 1 at the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) in Ohio
  • 1 at Cyril E. King International Airport (STT) in St. Thomas
  • 1 at LaGuardia Airport (LGA) in New York
  • 1 at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Virginia
All but one of the officers (a baggage handler at EWR) are employed as screening officers, according to the TSA. As of March 23, all but five had been present for work within the past 14 days.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
This is a smart move on FlexJets part. We are behind the power curve on this. I don’t know about any of you but I had to travel thru some these places last tour. News article attached:March 21, the TSA confirmed additional cases among officers at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and Cyril E. King International Airport in the U.S. Virgin Islands (STT). On March 22, the TSA identified more cases at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).

As of Monday, the TSA had listed 23 confirmed cases recorded since late February:
  • 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York
  • 4 at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in California
  • 4 at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Florida
  • 2 at Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Florida
  • 2 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Georgia
  • 2 at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in New Jersey
  • 1 at the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) in Ohio
  • 1 at Cyril E. King International Airport (STT) in St. Thomas
  • 1 at LaGuardia Airport (LGA) in New York
  • 1 at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Virginia
All but one of the officers (a baggage handler at EWR) are employed as screening officers, according to the TSA. As of March 23, all but five had been present for work within the past 14 days.
yeah out of 7 bases. Some of their pilots are going to have to drive 10 hours in there off time just to get to work. They also go forced into longer schedules.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jkmsr View Post
yeah out of 7 bases. Some of their pilots are going to have to drive 10 hours in there off time just to get to work. They also go forced into longer schedules.
I asked someone who works there, If you choose a 15 day rotation 1/3 is overtime. If you drive they reimburse for mileage or they will rent you a car. The drive time is counted as on duty time.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Does DPJ or TMC have furlough language in their policies? Gama only has lay-off language that requires reapplying to your position if it opens up again.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Does DPJ or TMC have furlough language in their policies? Gama only has lay-off language that requires reapplying to your position if it opens up again.
So short of the terminology they use when releasing a pilot. They have no obligation to call you back or can allow other applicants infront of you? Unless I understand this wrong it would be a very convenient way to save money on taking a 6 year Captain and starting him at day one SIC pay. I can see the bean counters eyes light up with joy!
Old 03-25-2020, 04:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

There's not much point in worrying about hypothetical scenarios right now, but I think it would be a huge mistake long term if there was a furlough that didn't respect seniority. Even Avantair did the right thing in that regard before they closed their doors for good and they didn't have a union.
This thing will pass, air travel will pick up and the pilot shortage will once again become a problem for apart 135 operators. When that happens the companies that survive this mess will be judged on how they treated their pilots, and it will certainly impact their ability to attract and retain quality talent.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Question

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Even Avantair did the right thing in that regard before they closed their doors for good and they didn't have a union.
You a VNR survivor, Bro...? And there was a Union at the end just before the doors closed on 06/26/13...., The UTU. Voted in too late to make any difference.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
You a VNR survivor, Bro...? And there was a Union at the end just before the doors closed on 06/26/13...., The UTU. Voted in too late to make any difference.
Yes. I went there in 2012 after my airline folded. I went from captain making six figures to right seat of the Piaggio making $35K to jack schiznit in the space of 6 months. Good times!

Great group of guys. Fortunately many found refuge with the birth of Wheels Up, myself included.