Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 04-06-2020, 05:55 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Position: FO

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
From the DO at WUP, I understand some of the KA pilots didn’t get this.

“I just had a discussion with Greg. I have been told there is still another crew email with more specificity coming out from the company, for the pilots. I expect it later this evening. I will keep all up to date.“
The long anticipated pilot specific email came. Chock full of no new helpful information.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

KD’s handout was very clear that they were going to try to take advantage of the stimulus money, and the letter specified that the money was to avoid involuntary furloughs and (in bold) pay rate reductions. While they haven’t released the pay implications on the reduced schedule options, one can assume they will pay a reduced amount. Since us at Gama (not sure about TMC or DPJ) are paid a salary (not day rates or hourly), how can they reduce our salary and still say they are not reducing our pay rates?
Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Because if you work 30% fewer days than your typical 8&6 you’ll be paid 30% less than your full salary, and if you work 50% less you’ll be paid 50% less according.

No reduction in pay rates, just a reduction in days worked, therefore days paid.

Disclaimer. I’m not a lawyer, just my take on it.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
KD’s handout was very clear that they were going to try to take advantage of the stimulus money, and the letter specified that the money was to avoid involuntary furloughs and (in bold) pay rate reductions. While they haven’t released the pay implications on the reduced schedule options, one can assume they will pay a reduced amount. Since us at Gama (not sure about TMC or DPJ) are paid a salary (not day rates or hourly), how can they reduce our salary and still say they are not reducing our pay rates?
While I’m taking the complete leave of absent. It made me think what is are daily rate?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Because if you work 30% fewer days than your typical 8&6 you’ll be paid 30% less than your full salary, and if you work 50% less you’ll be paid 50% less according.

No reduction in pay rates, just a reduction in days worked, therefore days paid.

Disclaimer. I’m not a lawyer, just my take on it.
Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
While I’m taking the complete leave of absent. It made me think what is are daily rate?
I understand the logic in reducing pay the same amount as reducing days worked.

But we are not paid by a day rate. The FOH, which is what currently lays out our pay, and the offer letter when I was hired defines pay as a yearly salary. Again, I understand how they are assumed to be reducing it. However to me, the no reduction in pay rate part of the stimulus requirements seems to be directly addressing situations like this.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
Didn’t the email say Wednesday starts were going away? I’m still on tour tomorrow with a rental car out of my original base (which isn’t part of the new base list) and my FO is arriving via airline travel. Just an FYI
I start tomorrow, I am not walking on at my temporary base. I received airline travel out of my regular base. So it seems base consolidation and walking on the plane to avoid exposure is not a sure thing at this point. Anyone out there wearing PPE( face masks) ?
Old 04-08-2020, 01:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post
I start tomorrow, I am not walking on at my temporary base. I received airline travel out of my regular base. So it seems base consolidation and walking on the plane to avoid exposure is not a sure thing at this point. Anyone out there wearing PPE( face masks) ?
I’ve seen some pilots for other companies wearing them. We wore gloves when loading bags this week.

Also, on a side note: is there anything that actually says picking one of these reduced schedule programs is mandatory? Someone brought it to my attention that in every communication we’ve received, you can almost read it as being optional to “help out.” I was under the impression it’s mandatory but he seemed to think otherwise...
Old 04-08-2020, 01:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Position: FO

Also, on a side note: is there anything that actually says picking one of these reduced schedule programs is mandatory? Someone brought it to my attention that in every communication we’ve received, you can almost read it as being optional to “help out.” I was under the impression it’s mandatory but he seemed to think otherwise...
Wasn’t explained well at all, but according to pilot sups the way to understand it is...company is going to 8/13. Period. You have the CHOICE of doing LOA or 8/20 instead. Wasn’t presented that way, but that’s the gist.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by GeliDonut View Post
Wasn’t explained well at all, but according to pilot sups the way to understand it is...company is going to 8/13. Period. You have the CHOICE of doing LOA or 8/20 instead. Wasn’t presented that way, but that’s the gist.
Thanks for clarifying that. I agree with you. I sympathize with them and understand they’ve been scrambling, but to receive the little info we’ve gotten with a decision date of Friday was a little sh***y...
Old 04-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks for clarifying that. I agree with you. I sympathize with them and understand they’ve been scrambling, but to receive the little info we’ve gotten with a decision date of Friday was a little sh***y...
We are up to 3 or 4 emails on the topic and they still haven't explicitly stated in writing the effect this will have on our salary. I'm hoping this is a result of an oversight, not an attempt to cut salaries and still apply for the bailout which prohibits cutting pay rates. I have pressed for it to be laid out clearly how this effects our pay, and I would encourage everyone to ask the question.

Maybe it's my history with sketchy companies, but this omission over multiple emails from different people makes me nervous. I sure hope they wouldn't be trying to reduce salaries beyond the reduction in scheduled days, but again we are paid a yearly salary, nothing tied to days or hours worked.