Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC) >

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

A little bird told me the other day that we are getting 800 resumes a day.

im feeling pretty thankful for our company’s position right now. Despite the flaws (health insurance, vacation time, etc), it really is a great place to be.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
A little bird told me the other day that we are getting 800 resumes a day.

im feeling pretty thankful for our company’s position right now. Despite the flaws (health insurance, vacation time, etc), it really is a great place to be.
I agree, this is a good place to work and to be. Those of us who see this as a career and have zero aspirations to go 121 can continue to help it grow and get better. My hats off to the original 6/3 guys who have hung in there.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Question Strength in numbers..

Yeah the insurance plan sucks. I have had to be involved in every single claim to make sure it goes through. It’s a real headache! I miss Cigna.
Do you think when you get TMC and DPJ all merged into one group, that you all would get a better deal insurance wise since you have more bargaining power with the insurance company more employees? Also, any truth to the rumor about the Wheels Up Pilots Association starting up, kind of like the XOJET Roundtable?
Old 08-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Do you think when you get TMC and DPJ all merged into one group, that you all would get a better deal insurance wise since you have more bargaining power with the insurance company more employees? Also, any truth to the rumor about the Wheels Up Pilots Association starting up, kind of like the XOJET Roundtable?
The insurance overhaul is coming. Our Mickey Mouse insurance is a relic left over from before WUP acquired Gama. The combination of all three certificates is going to take about 2 years according to our last all call.

I have heard nothing about a union but if there were, it would have to be the “Wheels Up Pilots, Operators, and Workers” union. WUPOW. Otherwise, I’m not interested.

Nah, even with a cool name I still wouldn’t be interested. Unions create 2 problems for every 1 that they solve in my experience. My opinion is subject to change if KD leaves the picture and someone else takes over and starts running us like a tyrant though. I like working for KD. He has never treated me wrong and his brand has been my lifeboat through the worst crisis to hit aviation ever (I think?). Some bosses deserve unions, not leaders like KD. Maybe that’ll change at some point but so far, I don’t see how a union could make things better here. Things have improved every year without collective complaining and our leadership is accessible and open to suggestions.

... But WUPOW lanyards would be pretty cool though. 👊 💥
Old 08-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default More of a student government..

The insurance overhaul is coming. Our Mickey Mouse insurance is a relic left over from before WUP acquired Gama. The combination of all three certificates is going to take about 2 years according to our last all call.

I have heard nothing about a union but if there were, it would have to be the “Wheels Up Pilots, Operators, and Workers” union. WUPOW. Otherwise, I’m not interested.

Nah, even with a cool name I still wouldn’t be interested. Unions create 2 problems for every 1 that they solve in my experience. My opinion is subject to change if KD leaves the picture and someone else takes over and starts running us like a tyrant though. I like working for KD. He has never treated me wrong and his brand has been my lifeboat through the worst crisis to hit aviation ever (I think?). Some bosses deserve unions, not leaders like KD. Maybe that’ll change at some point but so far, I don’t see how a union could make things better here. Things have improved every year without collective complaining and our leadership is accessible and open to suggestions.

No, the XOJET RoundTable is more of a Student government than a Collective Bargaining representative-type Union. They present ideas from the pilot group to the Company, but are a lot less threatening. They are somewhere in between a Union and a disorganized group.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Line Holder

No, the XOJET RoundTable is more of a Student government than a Collective Bargaining representative-type Union. They present ideas from the pilot group to the Company, but are a lot less threatening. They are somewhere in between a Union and a disorganized group.
Hmm we kind of have that if you consider that the merger team lead by PD is constantly seeking out suggestions and volunteers. Not sure if it counts. But the outcome is probably the same.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:01 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Hmm we kind of have that if you consider that the merger team lead by PD is constantly seeking out suggestions and volunteers. Not sure if it counts. But the outcome is probably the same.
The merger team currently consists of 2 captains and 1 FO from every group as well as a representative chair person from each group (who is also a pilot), and have been meeting already. I have heard the intention is to keep the group after integration in some form or another to be a resource for pilots and management to work together on future issues.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Wheels Up Pilot Association would be better, can you see us all wearing WUPA_S. on the lanyards!
Old 08-16-2020, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Talking Boom! Pow!

Originally Posted by No Push View Post
Wheels Up Pilot Association would be better, can you see us all wearing WUPA_S. on the lanyards!
WUPA$$!! That would absolutely RULE! With lanyards like that, you all would be keeping it gangsta and you would be ballers for sure, yo!
Old 08-17-2020, 02:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

WUPA$$!! That would absolutely RULE! With lanyards like that, you all would be keeping it gangsta and you would be ballers for sure, yo!
The WUPA$$ Lanyard in itself is worth the job with the Company.�