Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC) >

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 06-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

The A20 is pretty bulky. You are allowed one carry on and one personal item on an airliner. If you had to bring your own headset you'd be struggling to meet that limit with 8 days worth of essentials packed.

I liked the fact that I didn't need to worry about that when I was at Gama, and grateful that the company provided the best aviation headset on the market for us.

There are plenty of microphone muffs in the stock lockers and disinfect wipes for the ear pads.

If you're a germaphgerm you're more than welcome to bring your own headset, and a handful of people do. Nobody ridicules them for it, just as nobody should ridicule those that use what's provided. We're all big boys here. Even those that use kneeboards!
Old 06-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Jkmsr View Post
D-Bag alert!
What do you suppose you'd have said if you attempted an intelligent reply?

Don't bother. Don't hurt yourself.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
You've got children talking about wearing kneeboards, as if they're still student pilots, and who can't be bothered to own or use a simple tool of the trade that every pilot should be supplying himself; a headset.

An employer may put headsets in the airplane, and in rare circumstances, hard wire them in to ensure that the headsets aren't removed, and that only those headsets get used.

We are in a time when the FAA has waived oxygen mask requirements to preclude the necessity of crew infecting one another. Having one's own headset, with one's own mic and mic muff and ear seals and headband, is not only prudent, but responsible. To fail to bring one's own headset is laziness.

Perhaps it's time to put on the big boy pants.
Troll much? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about with regards to this particular job. Go spread you're useless comments somewhere else.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

The ship headsets work just fine for me, and that’s $500-$1200 I don’t have to spend. Not to mention one thing I don’t have to lug around for 8 days; or worry about getting broken, lost, or stolen.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: 737 Captain

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Troll much? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about with regards to this particular job. Go spread you're useless comments somewhere else.
Well said I worked there 7 years ago, and agree with you 100%
Old 06-04-2021, 09:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

What do you suppose you'd have said if you attempted an intelligent reply?

Don't bother. Don't hurt yourself.

This isn’t an airline, part 135 is much different and I can tell you’ve never worked at Gama/Wheels up. Instead of trolling in other peoples threads go be productive at your company if you even have a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2021, 02:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2021
Default As tactfully as I can reply…

You've got children talking about wearing kneeboards, as if they're still student pilots, and who can't be bothered to own or use a simple tool of the trade that every pilot should be supplying himself; a headset.

An employer may put headsets in the airplane, and in rare circumstances, hard wire them in to ensure that the headsets aren't removed, and that only those headsets get used.

We are in a time when the FAA has waived oxygen mask requirements to preclude the necessity of crew infecting one another. Having one's own headset, with one's own mic and mic muff and ear seals and headband, is not only prudent, but responsible. To fail to bring one's own headset is laziness.

Perhaps it's time to put on the big boy pants.
Or perhaps your experience is more limited than those posing legitimate questions. For all I know Gama issues headsets, as my previous two employers did. As for knee boards, to each his own, but if it helps someone keep track of clearances, frequencies and what not would you not rather have someone backing you up to the best of their ability? Simmer down Mr Judgy-judgerton.

Roach
Old 06-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I liked the fact that I didn't need to worry about that when I was at Gama, and grateful that the company provided the best aviation headset on the market for us.

Das Auto,
Just curious, you speak of Gama as if it was past tense. Have you moved on? Either way I’ve always enjoyed your level headed, informed and honest opinions on this thread. You and several others.
Thank you.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
Das Auto,
Just curious, you speak of Gama as if it was past tense. Have you moved on? Either way I’ve always enjoyed your level headed, informed and honest opinions on this thread. You and several others.
Thank you.

Well thank you. Yes I moved on, but I have nothing bad to say about Gama / Wheels Up. They treated me very well over the last 6 years.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Well thank you. Yes I moved on, but I have nothing bad to say about Gama / Wheels Up. They treated me very well over the last 6 years.
Good on you! It appears you escaped just in time.