Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 06-22-2021, 12:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Tankerds View Post
From N800UP-N859UP is the proline 21, 859-893 is fusion. We have 73 total tails in those numbers, some are old UPS DC-8s. You’ll start on either the 21 or fusion, at your 6 month mark as a PIC you’d go to recurrent and get differences training, as an SIC you only go to recurrent every 12 months so you’d get differences training then
You’re close, but 800-856 are PL21, 857 and higher are Fusion. I was initially typed on Fusion when I started and 857 was the first bird I flew.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
You’re close, but 800-856 are PL21, 857 and higher are Fusion. I was initially typed on Fusion when I started and 857 was the first bird I flew.

Yeah I realized that recently, was struggling to remember if 856 or 859 started the fusion birds. You’re absolutely right, it is 856. Thanks for the correction!
Old 06-24-2021, 03:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
Which do you like better - PL21 or Fusion?
Old 06-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Which do you like better - PL21 or Fusion?
Doesn’t matter. Nothing personal, but who cares? The operation from the gama pilot perspective is a rolling dumpster fire right now anyway. Only apply if you don’t enjoy eating or sleeping. I now understand why TMC and DPJ had such bad raps for pilot QOL. It’s too bad. ZERO concern for the pilots on the road right now. ZERO.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Doesn’t matter. Nothing personal, but who cares? The operation from the gama pilot perspective is a rolling dumpster fire right now anyway. Only apply if you don’t enjoy eating or sleeping. I now understand why TMC and DPJ had such bad raps for pilot QOL. It’s too bad. ZERO concern for the pilots on the road right now. ZERO.
True statement right there folks. Another low tier bottom feeder that supplements lift for WU operates the same way to an extent Zero concern for crews on the road. Tries to dangle a pay increase carrot to “smooth” things out or send out random emails why the company is better then others…. Yeah ok. These places don’t understand pay isn’t everything and making occasional statements such as “thanks for all your hard work, it doesn’t go unnoticed” don’t mean Jack-Shat anymore. If they were really thankful they could show it in many ways besides pay.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Sorry guys and gals, the name of the game is productivity and utilization. If you need food and don’t have a built-in block, they are still providing crew meals and will work it out with you. Will you be tired? Yes. But fatigued? Call it a day.
Sadly, the days of them asking if you’ll need a crew meal are over, but they’ll still accommodate just as before.
Watch out for yourselves and your crew mates. Do what’s right for you, with good reason. Stay safe.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Sorry guys and gals, the name of the game is productivity and utilization. If you need food and don’t have a built-in block, they are still providing crew meals and will work it out with you. Will you be tired? Yes. But fatigued? Call it a day.
Sadly, the days of them asking if you’ll need a crew meal are over, but they’ll still accommodate just as before.
Watch out for yourselves and your crew mates. Do what’s right for you, with good reason. Stay safe.
Well, productivity and utilization goes for every company. What you do for the employees make you stand out. Problems could be addressed that would increase the p and u. Logistics has gotten to the point where they avoid responding to any emails or calls. Don’t get me started on the food and hotel situation. Not that clean cut. Also, the lack of any written fatigue policy with a company this size is unacceptable. Another one of the certificates may have a policy. Don’t know.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I understand. And it get tiresome on the road having to ask for a break when you need it.
As far as a fatigue policy, if you need to call fatigued, call fatigued. If you get pushback contact your supervisor.
If you’re looking for a “work rules” policy, have you submitted a “suggestion for improvement” through the Proper channels? Ie the occurrence reporting link? That would be my suggestion if you see the need for a specific improvement.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
I understand. And it get tiresome on the road having to ask for a break when you need it.
As far as a fatigue policy, if you need to call fatigued, call fatigued. If you get pushback contact your supervisor.
If you’re looking for a “work rules” policy, have you submitted a “suggestion for improvement” through the Proper channels? Ie the occurrence reporting link? That would be my suggestion if you see the need for a specific improvement.
Management will not see a “suggestion for improvement” on a report and suddenly realize there is no fatigue policy. Of course everyone knows that. It’s done on purpose so as not to have to follow any written guidance. It’s also a good deterrent. All These issues are beyond obvious to everyone. It’s gotten to the point that the only reasoning is that they just don’t care. This stuff can easily be resolved with a little effort.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Management will not see a “suggestion for improvement” on a report and suddenly realize there is no fatigue policy. Of course everyone knows that. It’s done on purpose so as not to have to follow any written guidance. It’s also a good deterrent. All These issues are beyond obvious to everyone. It’s gotten to the point that the only reasoning is that they just don’t care. This stuff can easily be resolved with a little effort.
The fatigue policy is, if you feel fatigued call off. Unless you do it frequently, or don’t have a valid reason, you’ll never hear anything from it. There isn’t even any extra paperwork, although it would benefit everyone if an occurrence report was submitted explaining the circumstances. Especially if it was operationally caused, I.e. multiple 14 hr days with 10 hr overnights.

I’ve never heard of anyone submitting any kind of suggestion for some sort of “work rules” policy, which is what you are looking for. As the old saying goes, ‘how do you know until you try.’ As people leave, and they are leaving, things may change. But it sure as hell isn’t going to change if the deficiencies aren’t brought to management’s attention. Until then, they are going to run the schedule as tight as possible until you cry “mercy” (call fatigued”).

I know it’s not all sunshine and roses here, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. If you have a suggestion for a feasible change for the better bring it up. If it doesn’t change, or you don’t want to make a suggestion, there’s lots of hiring spooling up.