Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 06-29-2021, 11:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
The fatigue policy is, if you feel fatigued call off. Unless you do it frequently, or don’t have a valid reason, you’ll never hear anything from it. There isn’t even any extra paperwork, although it would benefit everyone if an occurrence report was submitted explaining the circumstances. Especially if it was operationally caused, I.e. multiple 14 hr days with 10 hr overnights.

I’ve never heard of anyone submitting any kind of suggestion for some sort of “work rules” policy, which is what you are looking for. As the old saying goes, ‘how do you know until you try.’ As people leave, and they are leaving, things may change. But it sure as hell isn’t going to change if the deficiencies aren’t brought to management’s attention. Until then, they are going to run the schedule as tight as possible until you cry “mercy” (call fatigued”).

I know it’s not all sunshine and roses here, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. If you have a suggestion for a feasible change for the better bring it up. If it doesn’t change, or you don’t want to make a suggestion, there’s lots of hiring spooling up.
This pilot right here is the reason things won’t get better.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Jkmsr View Post
This pilot right here is the reason things won’t get better.
I’m all for making things better and I will support almost any attempt. But complaining on a public forum about improvements that need to be made, instead of going to the people who ACTUALLY can do something about it, doesn’t make any sense.

If anyone has any feasible work rules suggestions they would like to see submitted. Feel free to PM me and I’ll submit them. Until then, this forum is not the place to air your gripes.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

I’m all for making things better and I will support almost any attempt. But complaining on a public forum about improvements that need to be made, instead of going to the people who ACTUALLY can do something about it, doesn’t make any sense.

If anyone has any feasible work rules suggestions they would like to see submitted. Feel free to PM me and I’ll submit them. Until then, this forum is not the place to air your gripes.
OK. There is no fatigue policy. I’m done going ‘round in circles with someone who has some sort of reason to defend these obvious issues and ends their statement with something along the lines of “if you don’t like it leave”.

This entire website is designed so people can get the real skinny. Not just “gripes”. And not the watered down info from a recruiter or the company website. I’ll state both the positive and negative. Right now, unfortunately, the negative has taken a pretty good hold on morale here. Trust me. No one wants this to be a great career stop than me.

Now lets get back to the truly important discussions of how great the King Air is and why I prefer the Fusion over the Proline. I’m out. I need a beer.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

You are part of the problem.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I am not trying to be difficult. I’m truly looking for suggestions to submit on behalf of the pilot group. I don’t know how trying to help get things changed makes me part of the problem.
As I’ve said, if you truly want something fixed, you have to attempt to fix it. All I do is go to work, get my job done to the best of my ability with what I’m given, and try to have fun while doing it.
So what have I said that was a lie, or makes me part of the problem? If it was about not airing your gripes, I stand by my opinion, but can’t stop you.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:42 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2021

I am not trying to be difficult. I’m truly looking for suggestions to submit on behalf of the pilot group. I don’t know how trying to help get things changed makes me part of the problem.
As I’ve said, if you truly want something fixed, you have to attempt to fix it. All I do is go to work, get my job done to the best of my ability with what I’m given, and try to have fun while doing it.
So what have I said that was a lie, or makes me part of the problem? If it was about not airing your gripes, I stand by my opinion, but can’t stop you.
You’re too logical and pragmatic for the plebs. I’ve submitted dozens of recommendations to management, who have listened and changed policies, and submitted zero gripes on here. You’re wasting your time. Do not cast pearls before swine buddy.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Your logic went awry as soon as you tried dictating which things can be spoken about on a public forum. If the conversation doesn’t interest to you, scroll on or post about something else. It’s important for potential new hires to see both the good and the bad of the company.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Deleted
Filler
Old 07-20-2021, 05:07 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2021
Default Electronics in wing locker

So I got a Luggage Works 22" bag that (I'm told) will fit in the wing locker. Lots of fancy pockets on it, but that got me to wondering whether or not anyone can confirm/deny if your electronics are safe in the locker--any issues with your laptops, iPads, etc. due to the temperatures? I'm told that there is very little room for a backpack/personal bag in the aircraft for the crew so looking for any gouge here. Many thanks.

Roach
Old 07-20-2021, 07:39 AM
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

The 22 Luggage works will fit but it requires some artful articulation. The wing lockers are not as big as they seem. There is an oil kit box and all the engine covers, prop-exhaust covers and pitot covers. We kept several long umbrellas in the right wing locker, plus the right engine covers. Then goes your bag, then goes extra stock, liquor, cups, napkins and other stuff. The 22 inch Luggage works has to be put in the exact center and it needs to be pushed up under the lip of the forward cover in order to be able to get the cover closed. It will take you a while to be able to do it quickly but it does work. When you are finished there isn't enough room left for much of anything in either wing locker. The wing lockers are not from Beechcraft they are an STC. They work well but don't have as much room as you think and you need to make sure the latches make properly.

Your electronics will be fine. Watch out for shaving cream and other liquids in your shaving kit. Keep those in a plastic bag. The airplane will cruise in the low 30's on longer legs and it gets cold up there.