Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Old 07-20-2021, 08:59 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Position: FO

There’s room in the cargo area for your backpack/laptop bag/whatever you bring. If there is lots of pax luggage, then sometimes you might need to get creative about moving things around...or strap your small crew bags or some pax bags to the toilet seat. A small bag like that will be fine though.

As for the Luggage Works...those are heavy bags, in addition to not being “squishable”. Just remember that in the 135 world, the other crew member is often unloading the bags at the end of the day, while the other guy is doing something else...so consider your crew hefting that in and out of the wing locker. I guess what I’m trying to say is...I personally can’t stand it when somebody shows up with that heavy a$$ Luggage Works, metal framed monstrosity.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by GeliDonut View Post
There’s room in the cargo area for your backpack/laptop bag/whatever you bring. If there is lots of pax luggage, then sometimes you might need to get creative about moving things around...or strap your small crew bags or some pax bags to the toilet seat. A small bag like that will be fine though.

As for the Luggage Works...those are heavy bags, in addition to not being “squishable”. Just remember that in the 135 world, the other crew member is often unloading the bags at the end of the day, while the other guy is doing something else...so consider your crew hefting that in and out of the wing locker. I guess what I’m trying to say is...I personally can’t stand it when somebody shows up with that heavy a$$ Luggage Works, metal framed monstrosity.
Yes, it’s heavy. But I’ve had one bag for the last 15 years, and they’ll send me a loaner if I ever have to send it in for repairs. Most TravelPros and others I’ve seen need to have stuff removed from them to get them to fit in the lockers. So heft one bag, or break down/repack another every day. The luggage works 22 fits the easiest of any bag I’ve seen, and it’s by far the sturdiest and best quality for what we do day-to-day. I’d never ask anyone to load/unload my bag. To each their own.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So I got a Luggage Works 22" bag that (I'm told) will fit in the wing locker. Lots of fancy pockets on it, but that got me to wondering whether or not anyone can confirm/deny if your electronics are safe in the locker--any issues with your laptops, iPads, etc. due to the temperatures? I'm told that there is very little room for a backpack/personal bag in the aircraft for the crew so looking for any gouge here. Many thanks.

Roach

I have the stealth 22” metal one, fits perfectly in the wing locker. I def recommend the bag for the people willing to spend the money.

Also, large backpack is fine but I wouldn’t bring more than that. I wouldn’t personally put any electronics in the wing locker, all that stuff stays in my backpack in the cabin.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Wow this is a real conversation with the new go home day incentives

If you are worried about your bag don't come here!!!!!
Old 07-22-2021, 05:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

$1000 , $1200 , $1500
Old 07-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by goingplaces View Post
Wow this is a real conversation with the new go home day incentives

If you are worried about your bag don't come here!!!!!

I mean, not really. Still a lot of work to do on the pay/bonus structure then we are competitive with other big 135 outfits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2021, 12:31 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Tankerds View Post
This isn’t an airline, part 135 is much different and I can tell you’ve never worked at Gama/Wheels up. Instead of trolling in other peoples threads go be productive at your company if you even have a job.
You really can't tell anything, but after a lot of years doing 135 and corporate, as well as one or two other things in this industry, when I see kids dragging their kneeboards along, it's usually a good sign that they aren't far removed from their 141 flight school, or their can't shed their limited military experience. There aren't many places a kneeboard is much of an advantage outside of single seat cockpits, and single-pilot hands-on cockpits that lack automation.

Don't forget your cloud level finder and mirrored sunglasses there, maverick.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by goingplaces View Post
$1000 , $1200 , $1500
Just quit, what incentive?
Old 07-23-2021, 05:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Gustafson View Post
Just quit, what incentive?
Day8
get in after 2230 base time, $1000
Get in after 0000 base time, $1200
on duty more than 14 hrs on day 8, $1500
Old 07-23-2021, 08:33 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
You really can't tell anything, but after a lot of years doing 135 and corporate, as well as one or two other things in this industry, when I see kids dragging their kneeboards along, it's usually a good sign that they aren't far removed from their 141 flight school, or their can't shed their limited military experience. There aren't many places a kneeboard is much of an advantage outside of single seat cockpits, and single-pilot hands-on cockpits that lack automation.

Don't forget your cloud level finder and mirrored sunglasses there, maverick.

I agree the only people using kneeboards are the ex-military newbies or ink still wet kids coming from a flight school. No disagreement there, but you can lose the toxicity when you don’t even work here. Also, never heard of a cloud level finder but you can share where it touched you to make you hate it so much