Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Just verifying the JetEdge furlough..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 09:25 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
The last company I worked for paid less than 85k pre covid. I was offered 60,65, and 81 elsewhere. Lol at close to being a scab. Journey has people pay for their type upfront.

What do you suggest pilots out of work do? I’m sure many were happy where they were. I understand things were better pre covid and the company may be taking advantage of the situation, but you have some sort of Utopian viewpoint that does not and cannot exist.

And where do you get the 50% number from? PIC went from 150 to 120 and SIC from 100-85. I’m not great at math but that doesn’t quite seem like 50% to me.
That 100 to 85 started off as 75 and on a 21/9 schedule. You probably didn't even see this, as outside hiring was a last resort. Keep in mind that managed fleet pilots that were making far more than 150/100 were essentially forced onto the floating fleet. Overall pay cut adjusted for schedule for those guys was easily more than 50%. The owners of the planes had nothing to do with this and were happy to keep paying the previous salary.

As for 60k, 65k to fly a Gulfstream...what? That is less than a CFI makes in pretty much any major city. Jet Edge cabin attendants make that. Maybe makes sense if you're a pencil whipped 61.55 SIC. I've never heard of a company that requires ARGUS/Wyvern mins (2500, PIC type, 1000 multi) paying that little for a large cabin job.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

wrong. You’d be shocked at how many places are paying less, even pre covid. Jet Edge is the highest paying floating fleet 135 Gulfstream operator at the moment.

no I wouldn’t be “shocked”. Before you come on here anymore and preach sunshine and rainbows to others about a company u just started at and clearly know very little about, keep in mind that many of us are making 50% of what we made. The company is refusing to pay us a full wage. Oh and our per diem, a lot of us are owed thousands of that too, did you know that as well sunshine?

you Arnt helping anyone By saying how great it is. If you want to come in and undercut us because you’re a bottom feeder that’s your own deal budd, butt please stop preaching how this is such a great place and the highest paying Gulfstream operator, because it just isn’t and you’re either full of s$&@t or extremely ignorant. Either way you’re not helping anyone.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:01 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Jet J View Post
no I wouldn’t be “shocked”. Before you come on here anymore and preach sunshine and rainbows to others about a company u just started at and clearly know very little about, keep in mind that many of us are making 50% of what we made. The company is refusing to pay us a full wage. Oh and our per diem, a lot of us are owed thousands of that too, did you know that as well sunshine?

you Arnt helping anyone By saying how great it is. If you want to come in and undercut us because you’re a bottom feeder that’s your own deal budd, butt please stop preaching how this is such a great place and the highest paying Gulfstream operator, because it just isn’t and you’re either full of s$&@t or extremely ignorant.
LOL exactly. I've essentially given up on getting paid my per diem or expenses that've accumulated since January.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: GIV

You guys sound like you’d be miserable no matter what the situation. Have fun!

I am however sympathetic towards your losses. It’s BS not to get expense pay which you are owed. Have you considered getting a lawyer to write a letter to them? I do wish you luck.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:25 PM
On Reserve

You guys sound like you’d be miserable no matter what the situation. Have fun!

I am however sympathetic towards your losses. It’s BS not to get expense pay which you are owed. Have you considered getting a lawyer to write a letter to them? I do wish you luck.
Honestly man, we're all on the same team. All we're saying is watch out for yourself when it comes to JE. Don't expect anything other than crickets when you need help from management. If you want to do "the right thing" when it comes to Mx issues, defending owners, etc expect a stern talking to from a person that I'm sure eventually you will become very familiar with. The company continually screws over its owners for its own purposes.

On a lighter note, enjoy this https://www.captiongenerator.com/131...-losing-Pilots
Old 12-27-2020, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

What’s the latest at JetEdge? Have they returned pay to pre-pandemic levels yet?

Just saw one of their BBJs taxi past my bird at VNY - must be doing a little better than at the start of the Pandemic...
Old 01-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
What’s the latest at JetEdge? Have they returned pay to pre-pandemic levels yet?

Just saw one of their BBJs taxi past my bird at VNY - must be doing a little better than at the start of the Pandemic...
Negative. 33% cuts or more for all staff currently.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:26 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Position: Falcon 2000 Captain

Originally Posted by headgs View Post
hahahaha. CEO is literally the scum of the earth. Just wait.
I just got let go. No reason, just gone.