Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Part 135 Outlook

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 05:04 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Is Flight Safety still open?

What are companies doing about initial/recurrent courses right now at training facilities?
Old 03-25-2020, 05:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by AMPFlyeer View Post

What are companies doing about initial/recurrent courses right now at training facilities?
My wife is the only class at FSI Orlando right now.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

We are still using their facilities for initial and recurrent training for our E120 and SA227.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

I am scheduled to do FACTs training and GIV recurrent on 4/1 at CAE Dallas and just got my confirmation letter. Business is open there. I am guessing they are only allowing domestic customers and blasting the sims between sessions.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:58 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018

We use both FSI and CAE as our Part 142 training providers...have pilots in class at both of them at the moment. They both have reached out and said they have availability due to some cancellations - but are operating. Many of their admin folks are working from home.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:59 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Wichita FSi was open for business as of last week. Not sure if that's changed but haven't heard otherwise.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

FSI is designated an essential business and is still open. They’re essential because they train air ambulance, CBP, etc. There have been a lot of client cancellations, though. Building is pretty empty.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:49 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I was suppose to start class at Tradewind in April class pushed to May then they called and cancelled class for the foreseeable future on a list to get called back. Still have my job at FSI doing right seat stuff. We’re still open just a lot of cancellations.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
I am hoping this is not a full on depression. If the government keeps us in lockdown for many more weeks game over for the airline industry. It is not like you can snap your fingers and passengers will come back. It is going to take a long time. I do believe if the USA opens back up On Demand charter will come back faster if people have a reason to go somewhere.
I think plenty of people would prefer to travel, and are ready to. I think that once the all clear is given that a significant amount of people won’t hesitate to fly again. You cannot keep people couped up forever, it’s been a few weeks and people are already getting tired of it.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
I think plenty of people would prefer to travel, and are ready to. I think that once the all clear is given that a significant amount of people won’t hesitate to fly again. You cannot keep people couped up forever, it’s been a few weeks and people are already getting tired of it.
My best friends wife just lost her job last week due to the virus. Guess what, their summer travel plans have just changed. There are thousands of families just like that. I think it will take months until things come back to normal, and we are not even close to being done with this virus.