Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Part 135 Outlook

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 04:13 AM
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

Conference Call tomorrow morning at 9:00am. I think we will get the bad news then. No aircraft operations in the last 10 days except for one owner flight. The schedule is completely open. I'm standing by to get the big hammer.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:16 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by GoneMissed View Post
A question for the Tradewind pilot.

How much notice was given prior?

Did pilots feel management was transparent?

Or did their actions leave a bad taste in people痴 mouths in a way that even when offered to come back people will turn it down based on how the company treated them?

I have a feeling when hiring resumes lots of pilots will be gun shy about joining certain 135痴 based on the actions employers took. I understand it is a business but there is a right way and wrong way of going about things.
Pretty sure people will be very cautious afterwards. I worked for another company and we got a 5 minute notice via e-mail stating that some will be furloughed all personnel to be furloughed will receive another e-mail. Absolutely no transparency seeing that I just got of a rotation with lots of flying and was at the company's HQ.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:58 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
An update on my previous post, we were informed this evening that for the time being all furloughs, lay-offs, and pay-cuts are being postponed. Our CEO and management team are working their very hardest to keep people working and paid and creating some loyal employees for it.
Gov employee retention loan ? That is the only way to keep everyone on payroll for two months.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
An update on my previous post, we were informed this evening that for the time being all furloughs, lay-offs, and pay-cuts are being postponed. Our CEO and management team are working their very hardest to keep people working and paid and creating some loyal employees for it.
Some excellent news. Well done to Tradewind. This is also how you attract future loyal employees.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by PT6LOL View Post
Gov employee retention loan ? That is the only way to keep everyone on payroll for two months.
Our lawyers are looking at the bail out money and how we can take advantage of it under a Part 135 company to keep things moving until it picks back up. According to the lawyers there are several things that can be done to make payroll. I do not know the details but it seemed like good news.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Our lawyers are looking at the bail out money and how we can take advantage of it under a Part 135 company to keep things moving until it picks back up. According to the lawyers there are several things that can be done to make payroll. I do not know the details but it seemed like good news.
Tradewind was always good to their employees even has done more then one can expect . I am positive this will work out good.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Allegheny View Post
Conference Call tomorrow morning at 9:00am. I think we will get the bad news then. No aircraft operations in the last 10 days except for one owner flight. The schedule is completely open. I'm standing by to get the big hammer.
I hope its not the case.

Which PGH 135 are you at?
Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
Nah man. Once this bug is behind us, it値l all come back. This is not a recession- it is a compression. The same booming economy is still there- just squeezed in chains. Unlock those chains and it値l come right back.
A $20T economy came to a screeching halt. It will not just get back up and running like some tend to think. Small business are already closed and many more may close if this goes on much longer. With people getting laid off there's not gonna be any money that people are going to want to spend.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:56 AM
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

Nah man. Once this bug is behind us, it値l all come back. This is not a recession- it is a compression. The same booming economy is still there- just squeezed in chains. Unlock those chains and it値l come right back,

I don't agree. It's just my opinion but it is shared by many on Wall Street. Please reference the following:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/433...ade-this-rally

Wall Street analysts are a dime a dozen and they all have their opinions. However a major component of Wall Street is the Bond market and that market is priced and betting on much lower economic activity in the future. There has been a split in the Stock Bond market outlook for a few months and it is now greater than ever. There is a tremendous amount of debt in the economy. It's not mortgage debt like the last time but a lot of bad corporate debt.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...isis-explained

Because of these issues I don't see a quick resolution to the economic troubles we now have. I wish it were otherwise and hope that I am wrong but things are so out of "whack", that it is going to take a while to get back to a growth situation.

21 hours ago Moodys, downgraded US Corporate debt, on the whole, to Negative.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-negative.aspx

Last edited by Allegheny; 04-01-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by Allegheny View Post
Nah man. Once this bug is behind us, it値l all come back. This is not a recession- it is a compression. The same booming economy is still there- just squeezed in chains. Unlock those chains and it値l come right back,

I don't agree. It's just my opinion but it is shared by many on Wall Street. Please reference the following:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/433...ade-this-rally

Wall Street analysts are a dime a dozen and they all have their opinions. However a major component of Wall Street is the Bond market and that market is priced and betting on much lower economic activity in the future. There has been a split in the Stock Bond market outlook for a few months and it is now greater than ever. There is a tremendous amount of debt in the economy. It's not mortgage debt like the last time but a lot of bad corporate debt.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...isis-explained

Because of these issues I don't see a quick resolution to the economic troubles we now have. I wish it were otherwise and hope that I am wrong but things are so out of "whack", that it is going to take a while to get back to a growth situation.

21 hours ago Moodys, downgraded US Corporate debt, on the whole, to Negative.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-negative.aspx
Today the WH predicts between 100K and 240K Americans are gonna die? So far 3700 have died. 700 yesterday and that is the most in one day. If 500 die a day until we reach 100K then that keeps us in lockdown a minimum of another 180 days. The numbers just go up from there. With that kind of prediction that now has been made public we could be in lockdown for 360 days or more. I wanna know besides grocery stores and hospitals what really is going to survive this? The aviation industry will just have to start over. Looks at the damage in 3 weeks. Yeah, places can adjust and I can see they are doing that but for that period of time if people are either afraid or have no reason to travel anywhere???!!!