Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Part 135 Outlook (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/128489-part-135-outlook.html)

GoneMissed 03-24-2020 01:33 PM

Part 135 Outlook

All,

How is the 135 world at the moment? As bad as 121?
Any furloughs or are 135 operators still holding tight?
I am guessing the PC12 and BE350 operators are staying somewhat busy?

Hopefully things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

MaxMar 03-24-2020 02:25 PM

Tradewind Aviation furloughed or laid off 85% of its roster today. About 70 pilots plus many support and office staff.

dera 03-24-2020 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMar (Post 3010136)
Tradewind Aviation furloughed or laid off 85% of its roster today. About 70 pilots plus many support and office staff.

Heard the news today. Shocking :( Hope you guys bounce back asap!

OnTheRun 03-24-2020 04:03 PM

Rumors that Jet Edge laid off 40 pilots and demoted some Captains but they will not confirm. Hopefully that is not true.

Safe to say the pilotage shortage is done for good. Fun while it lasted.

Purpleanga 03-24-2020 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by OnTheRun (Post 3010270)
Rumors that Jet Edge laid off 40 pilots and demoted some Captains but they will not confirm. Hopefully that is not true.

Heard the same thing. Over 100 is what I heard.

MikeBates 03-24-2020 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by OnTheRun (Post 3010270)
Safe to say the pilotage shortage is done for good. Fun while it lasted.

Nah man. Once this bug is behind us, it値l all come back. This is not a recession- it is a compression. The same booming economy is still there- just squeezed in chains. Unlock those chains and it値l come right back.

OnTheRun 03-24-2020 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by MikeBates (Post 3010466)
Nah man. Once this bug is behind us, it値l all come back. This is not a recession- it is a compression. The same booming economy is still there- just squeezed in chains. Unlock those chains and it値l come right back.

I am hoping this is not a full on depression. If the government keeps us in lockdown for many more weeks game over for the airline industry. It is not like you can snap your fingers and passengers will come back. It is going to take a long time. I do believe if the USA opens back up On Demand charter will come back faster if people have a reason to go somewhere.

Three Green 03-24-2020 08:30 PM

Last time I checked, airlines were around during the depression. Just sayin.

MikeBates 03-24-2020 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by OnTheRun (Post 3010505)
I am hoping this is not a full on depression. If the government keeps us in lockdown for many more weeks game over for the airline industry. It is not like you can snap your fingers and passengers will come back. It is going to take a long time. I do believe if the USA opens back up On Demand charter will come back faster if people have a reason to go somewhere.

It痴 grim right now but it値l be back. You値l get to tell people how you survived the black spring of 2020.

backinthesaddle 03-25-2020 04:01 AM

That sucks!

Originally Posted by MaxMar (Post 3010136)

Sorry to hear. What was a very thriving business slowed to a crawl. 😤 Couldn稚 go the ACK without seeing 1 or 7 of your planes!😉.

Hopefully, as others have said, this compression will unwind and you値l be unlocked to fly once again very soon.

I agree with the premise that while
people may get furloughed, etc. it is shortsighted of management/owners to let those people walk away as the time lag to fill the pipeline once things open again will be considerable and hinder their once thriving businesses!