Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Any Mountain Aviation Pilots out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer

With the qualifications they are asking for, those salaries are laughable. 70-75k for a lear captain and 100-105k for a GIV captain. 30-60 day rotations? Typed with time in type? Those are much closer to SIC salaries for that.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
With the qualifications they are asking for, those salaries are laughable. 70-75k for a lear captain and 100-105k for a GIV captain. 30-60 day rotations? Typed with time in type? Those are much closer to SIC salaries for that.
I agree! But, Is this a job a recently separated military aviator would be qualified for? Normally they might touch and go at a regional. Maybe this one of few options they have for a flying job.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
The way the job posting looks, they plan to start flying in April? Seems like big shoes to fill, if they’ve never done that type of flying before. The posting has rather particular minimums, for a oconus type job. Do you think they are trying to recruit people who did this type of flying in the military?
They have massive shoes to fill and I don’t know of many military aviators willing to do that job for such low pay. I highly doubt any of the current operators will take a 60% pay cut.

The guys “running” Aery have a history of bidding contracts they have no ability to fulfill.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:26 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by esa17 View Post
They have massive shoes to fill and I don’t know of many military aviators willing to do that job for such low pay. I highly doubt any of the current operators will take a 60% pay cut.

The guys “running” Aery have a history of bidding contracts they have no ability to fulfill.
Does anyone have an update to this job? The careers section of Mountain Aviation says late February. And lets see: a Security Clearance; Time in type; Experience with target towing; And 70K a year to live in Thermal. REALLY!!?? Has the market gotten that soft? It sounds like good work and I'd love to do it but about that pay.... What happened to the last contract pilots? Usually they just roll over to a new employer, maybe the job conditions or pay are tweeked a little bit and everyone just presses on. Or is this a start from scratch contract?
Old 03-01-2021, 01:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Default Are you thinking about a different Mountain?

Originally Posted by Swing window View Post
Does anyone have an update to this job? The careers section of Mountain Aviation says late February. And lets see: a Security Clearance; Time in type; Experience with target towing; And 70K a year to live in Thermal. REALLY!!?? Has the market gotten that soft? It sounds like good work and I'd love to do it but about that pay.... What happened to the last contract pilots? Usually they just roll over to a new employer, maybe the job conditions or pay are tweeked a little bit and everyone just presses on. Or is this a start from scratch contract?
Hey All,

I believe that this thread is about the Mountain Aviation that is based out of BJC, flying mainly Citation X’s, and is part of the Wheels Up group. I haven’t heard of any of the Military contracts that you all are speaking about.. Crickets most of the time, though..
Old 03-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey All,

I believe that this thread is about the Mountain Aviation that is based out of BJC, flying mainly Citation X’s, and is part of the Wheels Up group. I haven’t heard of any of the Military contracts that you all are speaking about.. Crickets most of the time, though..
They are correct, Mountain out of BJC is hiring for target towing in CA. On the company website.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Cool!

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
They are correct, Mountain out of BJC is hiring for target towing in CA. On the company website.
Wow,

That’s pretty cool...
Old 03-02-2021, 04:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

We are searching for a Captain with Lear Experience. Must reside in Thermal, CA.

Schedule: 30day and 60 day rotations. CONUS AND OCONUS. TDY Missions

In reading the MA job position. this really made me scratch my head.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:18 AM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by deadstick35 View Post
In reading the MA job position. this really made me scratch my head.
Sounds like “we are required to post” but already have the candidate we have in mind already to be selected. So, you are wasting your time applying.

These postings are done to satisfy legal or company requirements. Not anything new.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Any Updates?

Both Aery and Mountain have job postings for the San Diego operation. Are they one and the same? Or did one of them win the contract only to lose it to the other. I'm familiar with the mission out of Coronado and would be interested in the job, but both these companies sound dicey based on previous replies.