Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Any Mountain Aviation Pilots out there? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/129871-any-mountain-aviation-pilots-out-there.html)

B727DRVR 05-30-2020 09:51 AM

Any Mountain Aviation Pilots out there?

Hey All,

I was wondering if there are any current Mountain Aviation pilots on the forum here who could put some current company information on here.. You all seem to be growing like mad, but there virtually no information on here and no profile on the profile page. There is more information about pay, QOL, etc. about the TOP SECRET operators L3, Avenge, and Dynamic than on Mountain, so you all are a well kept secret, LOL. Any information on number of aircraft, pilots, pay, retirement, 401K, schedule, insurance, etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

250kt Final 05-30-2020 05:23 PM

Last I heard was pay is not the greatest. They seem to have two groups of pilots those who home base and those who don’t. The home base guys are on a 8/6 schedule where as Denver based guys, not 100% sure. I was excited about potentially working there because even though I like a variety of flying I hate not knowing when and where I get to fly home from. I was under the impression they airline you to Denver and work 8 days then fly you home from Denver. Would be perfect for me since I live an hour by airline from Denver. However I don’t think that’s the case.

B727DRVR 05-31-2020 02:48 PM

Anybody else?

Thanks, that is some good info.. Anyone else have any tidbits?

B727DRVR 06-06-2020 10:09 AM

Crickets.. Chirp? Chirp..

Crickets... Chirp, Chirp.

Frozen Ronin 01-12-2021 07:45 AM

Wheels up just bought them?

esa17 01-15-2021 01:33 PM

STAY AWAY

They’re hiring for a new contract they probably can’t keep.

I used to fly this job out of PHF, best job I ever had.

These guys grossly underbid the contract and stole it from two established operators that had previously done the job for nearly 30 years.

They have no modified airplanes, no facilities, no support equipment and their office staff are already jumping ship.

The pay rates they published are 40-60% lower than the current operators.

With their lack of knowledge and the corners they are cutting so far, they will kill someone.

EMAW 01-15-2021 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by esa17 (Post 3181957)
STAY AWAY

These guys grossly underbid the contract and stole it from two established operators that had previously done the job for nearly 30 years.

They have no modified airplanes, no facilities, no support equipment and their office staff are already jumping ship.

With their lack of knowledge and the corners they are cutting so far, they will kill someone.

New contract? Are you talking about mountain air cargo? Or mountain aviation, which has just been acquired by Wheels Up?

esa17 01-15-2021 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by EMAW (Post 3182120)
New contract? Are you talking about mountain air cargo? Or mountain aviation, which has just been acquired by Wheels Up?

Most certainly not talking about MAC. Google HEEWJ.

They’re backing a company called SAO & Aery Aviation.

TeamSasquatch 01-16-2021 11:40 AM

STAY AWAY

The way the job posting looks, they plan to start flying in April? Seems like big shoes to fill, if they’ve never done that type of flying before. The posting has rather particular minimums, for a oconus type job. Do you think they are trying to recruit people who did this type of flying in the military?

TeamSasquatch 01-16-2021 11:45 AM

STAY AWAY

The way the job posting looks, they plan to start flying in April? Seems like big shoes to fill, if they’ve never done that type of flying before. The posting has rather particular minimums, for a oconus type job. Do you think they are trying to recruit people who did this type of flying in the military?