Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

No offense, this thread is over a year old
Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Captain
Default Skyway Enterprises

I flew for Skyways as a FO in their DC-9-15F out of Detroit, overall the company was a typical freight operations -- nothing fancy just but functional. The crew was on call 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off but when on call you had to be ready with wheels up in 30 minutes. When you came on duty sometimes you would have to CATCH up to where the plane was .. it was not always at the place you left it. Calls came at all times you were NOT on crew rest and you could be on duty for 18 hrs -- remember they operate under FAR 125. They picked up the cost of lodging usually two to a room .. food was your responsibility. Transportation was by airport or hotel shuttle -- no rental cars. The pay was ok considering you only flew for 1/2 of the year. I liked the jump seating -- most all the carriers honored Skyways as they were in the CASS system. Greg is a great guy and tries to do what he can with what he has but, you will find that its what you like or not very fast -- burnout comes fast and hard flying freight on call.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

What's their current fleet look like?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Left Seat

What happen to the old CP, I am assuming he finally keeled over. Ron Graf? A real piece of work that one is.

I'd like to hear an update from the guy who started the thread.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: A320 Captain
Default Skyway job

Hello, this week I was offered and accepted a FO positon at skyway on the shorts 360. is there anyone with recent experience there able to tell me what to expect with the company and the training?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Jum I used to work there, i was based in BQN. Is pretty much like all 135 ops. Is a good experience if you are looking turbine time. Do not expect more than 45 hours a month. Training it was the worst that I ever had, technically you are alone in a trailer self studying and all doubts try to solve them by youtube or google. Never i had someone to explain any doubts. Training or me was in house but since the accident in SXM where I lost my two friends i heard they gonna be sending all crew to flight safety, but that comes with a 2 years contract, that is ridicolous. They have cass so you can jumpseat with airlines, but not to many days off. I commuted from MCO and basically i was home for 24 hours.

If you can get something else besides skyway I suggest you to get it. If not just build a little be turboprop time and send your apllication to ACC or MN aviation if you want to be base in Puerto Rico.

Good luck
Old 03-16-2015, 12:40 PM
On Reserve

Thank you elvin, I am currently at flight safety, I had the same experience in the trailer with indoc but thankfully the training is full time in laguardia flight safety. I agree the contract is stiff but I anticipate a decent years worth of time building. I was also wondering if any of you guys have any experience or knowledge of shorts 360 contracting positions in Africa or the like. The guys at my training were talking about the opportunities there and I was very interested, but I just couldn't really find anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where to look or how to market for these positions?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

I'm not too sure about Africa, but you could check out Tiara Air in Aruba.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:39 PM
On Reserve

for anyone looking, do not go fly for Skyway Enterprises. they do not train you, do not pay you, and do whatever they want because they know you are under contract. PM if you want details.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by vadermonkey View Post
for anyone looking, do not go fly for Skyway Enterprises. they do not train you, do not pay you, and do whatever they want because they know you are under contract. PM if you want details.
I sent you PM. Any updates on Skyways? I seem them on climb to 350 advertising for FO's. 2/2 rotation. Sounds good because I'm pretty close to la guardia for the training.