Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Skyway Enterprises Kissimmee Florida (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/13123-skyway-enterprises-kissimmee-florida.html)

On Autopilot 05-28-2007 10:02 AM

Skyway Enterprises Kissimmee Florida

Hello Everyone. I was recently offered a job at Skyway Enterprises flying the Shorts for them. I am debating whether to accept it or not. I did some searching on the web, and it appears these guys had some major problems in the past. Is this still true, or is it run for your life!!! Any up to date info would be greatly appreciated.

belliott 05-29-2007 02:29 PM

I knew a guy who flew for skyway ent. about a year and a half ago that quit working there as soon as he got hired by a regional. I talked to him last night so as to be in a better position to respond to your question. He told me that it was a very good "learning" job but that he did not reccommend it long term. He was hired at just over 300 hrs. He didn't comment on the pilots that he flew with or the management. So take it for what it is or isn't worth. Me personally, I would go to a regional before skyway..... but that is just my opinion. Good Luck!

On Autopilot 05-30-2007 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by belliott (Post 172634)
I knew a guy who flew for skyway ent. about a year and a half ago that quit working there as soon as he got hired by a regional. I talked to him last night so as to be in a better position to respond to your question. He told me that it was a very good "learning" job but that he did not reccommend it long term. He was hired at just over 300 hrs. He didn't comment on the pilots that he flew with or the management. So take it for what it is or isn't worth. Me personally, I would go to a regional before skyway..... but that is just my opinion. Good Luck!

Thanks Bell, I appreciate that response. Just trying to make myself more competitive with the C.F.I's that are coming out of the wood work right now. TSA from what I understand is sick of the low timers washing out.
So the interviewers have been hiring folks with 600-700ish, prefer C.F.I.s

I do think that's only temporary, since soon once the CFI pol dries up,who's left?

Bell, on more thing. Check your pm's.

crimson tide 06-01-2007 08:11 PM

I would take the job but don't stay there longer than it takes your resume to garner attention. Parts of the job will suck but it will be better than instructing, and you will learn alot, guaranteed. I did not work there but I flew shorts for a similar company, and had a little intereaction with their pilots. You don't really need an MEL :)

Airplane Crazy 06-02-2007 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by On Autopilot (Post 172128)
Hello Everyone. I was recently offered a job at Skyway Enterprises flying the Shorts for them. I am debating whether to accept it or not. I did some searching on the web, and it appears these guys had some major problems in the past. Is this still true, or is it run for your life!!! Any up to date info would be greatly appreciated.

Mind telling us about what are the minimums for them.

On Autopilot 06-03-2007 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Airplane Crazy (Post 174621)
Mind telling us about what are the minimums for them.

Sure! Comm. Multi. Inst. ratings. I have heard of guys getting on as F.O.s at around 250ish. I also called the Orlando FSDO office. I was told by the inspector that as of right now, they are compliant with all applicable regulations.

Airplane Crazy 06-04-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by On Autopilot (Post 174647)
Sure! Comm. Multi. Inst. ratings. I have heard of guys getting on as F.O.s at around 250ish. I also called the Orlando FSDO office. I was told by the inspector that as of right now, they are compliant with all applicable regulations.

Thank you.

Dog33 06-05-2007 12:00 PM

Anyone know their payscale?

On Autopilot 06-06-2007 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dog33 (Post 175743)
Anyone know their payscale?

$300.00 per week. Not much, but your building Multi turbo prop time on a +12,000lb aircraft and getting paid for it rather than paying for it.

Airplane Crazy 06-06-2007 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by On Autopilot (Post 176070)
$300.00 per week. Not much, but your building Multi turbo prop time on a +12,000lb aircraft and getting paid for it rather than paying for it.

I'm not familiar about living expenses in Florida. Do you think $300 a week before tax is enough? Since you said $300 a week I assume you work here, so I thought I ask.