Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Pilot training loan repayment (New Jersey) (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/131313-pilot-training-loan-repayment-new-jersey.html)

AntiPeter 10-07-2020 03:41 PM

Pilot training loan repayment (New Jersey)

I started working for a FAR 135 company earlier this year which I now dislike and regret. Quite frankly, I'd rather be unemployed and poor.

Unfortunately I signed a "pilot training loan" at the beginning of my employment. In the state of New Jersey, are these agreements legal and enforceable?

It's not a training contract, but a "loan" for my training. It seems like I'm liable for what I initially agreed to, just wondering if there is any legal caveat for this stuff. It's my fault, I didn't do my homework and I'm being taken advantage of.

Thanks for the replies.

usmc-sgt 10-08-2020 01:31 AM

Do you really want to be looking for a flying job right about now? I’d do my best to find happiness especially since you willingly signed a contract. The best time to find a job is while you still HAVE a job.

A wise sailor once said “any port in a storm.”

BrazilBusDriver 10-08-2020 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by AntiPeter (Post 3141796)
I started working for a FAR 135 company earlier this year which I now dislike and regret. Quite frankly, I'd rather be unemployed and poor.

Unfortunately I signed a "pilot training loan" at the beginning of my employment. In the state of New Jersey, are these agreements legal and enforceable?

It's not a training contract, but a "loan" for my training. It seems like I'm liable for what I initially agreed to, just wondering if there is any legal caveat for this stuff. It's my fault, I didn't do my homework and I'm being taken advantage of.

Thanks for the replies.

So how much longer do you have to go on your loan, and why are you so interested in being unemployed instead of working?

shlomo 10-08-2020 08:52 AM

PM me, I'll guide you with a simple step by step method to rid you of the promissory note, it's real easy......

TransWorld 10-08-2020 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by shlomo (Post 3142131)
PM me, I'll guide you with a simple step by step method to rid you of the promissory note, it's real easy......

Is it real legal?

captjns 10-08-2020 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by AntiPeter (Post 3141796)

Thanks for the replies.

Start with talking with an attorney licensed to practice in NJ.

shlomo 10-08-2020 10:58 PM

I helped him, he's good to go.....

All legal in HIS STATE!!!

TiredSoul 10-09-2020 07:54 AM

Rather be unemployed then building experience to move on when all this is over....smh

Excargodog 10-09-2020 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by TiredSoul (Post 3142666)
Rather be unemployed then building experience to move on when all this is over....smh

Yeah. Especially since 1500 hours as a CFI in 152s is definitely not going to get you hired in the 121 world anytime soon. Not unless you are into doing threesomes with the HR director and chief pilot anyway. Maybe not even then.

deftone 10-09-2020 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Excargodog (Post 3142672)
\Not unless you are into doing threesomes with the HR director and chief pilot anyway\.

How do I sign up for this program?