Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Mountain Aviation - Big Citation X Operator

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Default Mountain Aviation - Big Citation X Operator

So, I guess if you want to fly a Citation X, Mountain Aviation out of the Denver area would be a good choice:

https://www.mountainaviation.com/202...-in-the-world/

That will be a pretty good sized fleet with a lot of pilots. I assume this is “Foot Hills” out of BJC. I’ve seen them on the ramp but I don’t know much about them.

What are the schedules and new hire pay like for this operator? Do they have other bases beyond the Denver area? No place is perfect, but is this a good place to be among Part 135 operators? Looks like they are hiring on the X. I realize it is a 135 operator - any info/opinions appreciated.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool Good operation..

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
So, I guess if you want to fly a Citation X, Mountain Aviation out of the Denver area would be a good choice:

https://www.mountainaviation.com/202...-in-the-world/

That will be a pretty good sized fleet with a lot of pilots. I assume this is “Foot Hills” out of BJC. I’ve seen them on the ramp but I don’t know much about them.

What are the schedules and new hire pay like for this operator? Do they have other bases beyond the Denver area? No place is perfect, but is this a good place to be among Part 135 operators? Looks like they are hiring on the X. I realize it is a 135 operator - any info/opinions appreciated.
Hey David,

I reached out on here a few months ago with the same questions, and it was basically crickets.. There is literally more information on here about top secret ISR operators, L3/Dynamic/Avenge than there is on Mountain, and I don't believe that they have a profile in the Part 135 Section.

But according to my friends there, they are flying their tails off. Typical Part 135 8/6,15/13 schedules, but they also offer a 31/29 schedule that they pay extra for. I believe that the 15/13 pays $10,000 extra and the 31/29 pays even better. They also pay you $5000 extra per year if you live in the DEN area.

I haven't heard a lot of complaints and I have about 7 friends over there, and they are growing fast. Overall, a solid, growing operator, with at least 7 great pilots =) .
that I know well.

I hope that helps.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey David,

I reached out on here a few months ago with the same questions, and it was basically crickets.. There is literally more information on here about top secret ISR operators, L3/Dynamic/Avenge than there is on Mountain, and I don't believe that they have a profile in the Part 135 Section.

But according to my friends there, they are flying their tails off. Typical Part 135 8/6,15/13 schedules, but they also offer a 31/29 schedule that they pay extra for. I believe that the 15/13 pays $10,000 extra and the 31/29 pays even better. They also pay you $5000 extra per year if you live in the DEN area.

I haven't heard a lot of complaints and I have about 7 friends over there, and they are growing fast. Overall, a solid, growing operator, with at least 7 great pilots =) .
that I know well.

I hope that helps.
Good info - thanks. The schedule options are pretty flexible.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!
Default Wheels Up thinks they are shiny....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...source=rasa_io

I would like to find out more, from the inside perspective.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Phenom

Originally Posted by Frozen Ronin View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...source=rasa_io

I would like to find out more, from the inside perspective.
Many of us among the other acquired companies are wondering when the shopping spree will end with an IPO and KD exiting on to his next venture.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking They are running out of Part 135 companies...

Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot73 View Post
Many of us among the other acquired companies are wondering when the shopping spree will end with an IPO and KD exiting on to his next venture.
They are running out of Part 135 companies to buy, LOL.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Sounds like they have been hiring a lot lately on the X. Is the end goal fully integrating the X fleet with the Xs operated by Wheels Up and DPJ?

Also, is the 8/6 schedule available to new hires or do you only get access to the 15/13 schedule as a new hire on the X?
Old 04-29-2021, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Sounds like they have been hiring a lot lately on the X. Is the end goal fully integrating the X fleet with the Xs operated by Wheels Up and DPJ?

Also, is the 8/6 schedule available to new hires or do you only get access to the 15/13 schedule as a new hire on the X?
I can’t get a reply from my app or checkin with recruiting there. Not sure what’s considered ideal. I know of some recent hires with little to no turbine time... Any word what they really want in a candidate? Maybe some who is less competitive to move on in to more desirable jet operators... what I do know, is at least one is on 8/6 as a new hire.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

So what’s the latest at Foothills? Now with the dust settling after the WU acquisition of Mountain Aviation, how are things likely to change for the Foothills pilots? Higher wages? What can most new hire FOs on the X expect to make first year all-in (someone home based not living near the Mile High City)?
Old 07-13-2021, 07:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Any Mountain Pilots around?

Any Mountain Pilots around to answer a few questions?