Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Night Freight/Part 135 in Tucson,AZ

Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A220 First Officer
Default Night Freight/Part 135 in Tucson,AZ

Can anyone help me out on this one? I am looking for a flying job in Tucson, AZ. Any job where I don't have to teach would be great. I would fly night freight or whatever, as long as I don't have to flight instruct anymore. I am aware that SkyWest and Mesa would be companies that I could work for and still live in Tucson. I am looking for something other than that.

Thanks UNDGUY

P.S. Slighty over 1000 TT and 100 Multi-Engine
Old 06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Teach for 2 months, get your 1200TT, and by that time you'll make some good connections and find the job right for you. I'm in the midwest, so honestly don't know anyone. Do you have a climbto350.com account? Always guys posting ads in there for 135 now that the airline mins have dropped
Old 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Ameriflight looks to be your best shot. But you would have to go to PHX.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
VW Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ145XR

Aero Transport and Charter is looking for guys based in PHX. I can't tell you about TUS though. Where were you instructing? IATA @ KRYN?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Thanks for the responses

I have been on climbto350 many times. The only jobs in Tucson are for instructing positions, I will continue to look on there.

Do any of these companies have jumpseat agreements that would allow me to commute to phoenix? What about Ameriflight? I was thinking about working for mesa and commuting to phoenix seeing as they have 11 flights a day that go from tucson to phoenix. I just really can't get past the fact that everyone hates mesa and thinks it is "bringing the industry down." If the majority of people say it sucks at mesa there must be a reason.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
Teach for 2 months, get your 1200TT, and by that time you'll make some good connections and find the job right for you. I'm in the midwest, so honestly don't know anyone. Do you have a climbto350.com account? Always guys posting ads in there for 135 now that the airline mins have dropped
Once my lease is up in Tucson I will be looking to move to the Midwest. I am from Detroit so I would like to move as close as possible to Detroit. I've read other posts of yours and your company sounds great. It is in Ohio right? My lease is up in April so I will have to talk with you then.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
Once my lease is up in Tucson I will be looking to move to the Midwest. I am from Detroit so I would like to move as close as possible to Detroit. I've read other posts of yours and your company sounds great. It is in Ohio right? My lease is up in April so I will have to talk with you then.
What about AirNet? There are based out of Columbus and have a base up in Detroit. Last I heard they were bringing guys in with 1000 hours. I think there are a few freight places out of KYIP. USA JET (I think) is hiring.

I found this on another website
The company I work for is looking to hire 2 pilots. New pilots will be based in GLR Michigan and will start as PIC in BE-58, C-310 and possibly C-421 depending on experience. New hires will also act as SIC in King Airs. The website is www.northcountryaviation.net . Pay is upwards of $28k PM me for details.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Flying Farmer

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
We are in Indiana, and about 3.5hrs driving from Detroit. Are you saying lease up in April of 08'?

Our website needs updated, but www.miller-aviation.com We are no longer getting into the Eclipse for now. Too many lies, and maintenance issues for a plane that hasn't really been "Delivered." Even if we took the delivery we had, it'd probably take 12 months to get all the kinks out, so we're now looking into a C441(Conquest II)
Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Flying Farmer

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
What about AirNet? There are based out of Columbus and have a base up in Detroit. Last I heard they were bringing guys in with 1000 hours. I think there are a few freight places out of KYIP. USA JET (I think) is hiring.

I found this on another website
The company I work for is looking to hire 2 pilots. New pilots will be based in GLR Michigan and will start as PIC in BE-58, C-310 and possibly C-421 depending on experience. New hires will also act as SIC in King Airs. The website is www.northcountryaviation.net . Pay is upwards of $28k PM me for details.

Don't tell me you're the guy out of YIP? I'm there not every night, but one of our guys is.

Airnet has some planes based out of DTW.

JetUSA has had some ad's out, forget what their mins were. So has Murry, Ameristar, and Kalitta.(all out of YIP) IFL is out of PTK flying falcons and Convairs. Royal Air is also out of PTK, 310's, E-110's, Mu-2, some Falcon 20's, and lears.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
Don't tell me you're the guy out of YIP? I'm there not every night, but one of our guys is.
Nope that's not me. I'm currently in training at SPS. I don't really know much about those compaines other than AirNet, just throwing out ideas for the guy.

-UNDGUY-

Gotta be hard to leave Tucson! Did a few TDY's out to DM, I love that area. BTW, did you work with Austin F.? I know he taught some foreigners out there at some academy. He was a roommate of mine back in college.

Last edited by crewdawg; 06-05-2007 at 08:36 PM.