Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Quest Diagnostics 2021 - Currently Hiring! >

Quest Diagnostics 2021 - Currently Hiring!

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quest Diagnostics 2021 - Currently Hiring!

Old 09-20-2021, 07:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Quest Diagnostics 2021 - Currently Hiring!

Quest Diagnostics is currently looking for two captains in our Atlanta (LZU) base.

Aircraft to be flown: PC-12 and Baron with the possibility of Phenom 100

Requirements: Part 135 minimums (no exceptions), multi and single commercial, and at least 2nd class medical.

Schedule: Mostly night flying. Typically 4 nights a week Monday-Friday starting and finishing at your base. (There is one run that has a 24 hour layover in Dallas TX with hotel and per diem paid by company)

Pay: starting pay is 90k salaried. We get a slight raise every year and a 1-10% bonus in March depending how the company did the previous year. (Hint: we continually break our records every quarter. Something about a pandemic?)

Preferred: really looking for someone that is comfortable and confident flying single pilot at night in all kinds of weather conditions. Also turbo prop experience is a plus.

Pros:

-starting pay
-paychecks always clear
-company is doing better than ever
-job security as testing (especially now) will never go away
-great and skilled pilot group
-planes are maintained daily and are being updated regularly
-home most nights (all nights minus the one run that overnights in Dallas that you may get once a week)
-weekends and holidays off

Cons:

-Being on the opposite sleep schedule as family
-we rarely cancel flights. (We will wait for weather to improve but I’ve only seen complete cancellations once or twice)
-we fly the same 7 runs nightly so it can get repetitive
-physically demanding loading and unloading up to 30 lb bags on and off aircraft
-limited promotion opportunities (we have pilots and managers and managers aren’t leaving for awhile)

If you are interested or have questions PM me
Old 01-29-2022, 05:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

System wouldn’t let me PM you, but are there any openings in Dallas right now?
Old 02-15-2022, 09:35 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

RDG has an FO position open. My concern is the legality of logging time as an FO towards ATP minimums. Can you use the SIC experience gained towards ATP minimums?
Old 02-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021
Default Are they?

Are they actually looking for pilots? I applied about a month ago for their FO position and my application still only shows "submitted". Does anyone actually look at the apps they recieve?
Old 02-15-2022, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Before you consider applying to this company take the time to do the research on Quest. Of most importance will be this fatal accident.

https://data.ntsb.gov/Docket?ProjectID=74561

Quest hasn't changed since this happened. There is a reason for high turnover. They lost 8 pilots in 2 months this past year.

Some more reading material on this fabulous company
https://www.nj.com/news/2010/12/inve...tal_teter.html
Old 02-15-2022, 08:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by VisionWings View Post
RDG has an FO position open. My concern is the legality of logging time as an FO towards ATP minimums. Can you use the SIC experience gained towards ATP minimums?
I would advise against accepting ANY FO spot that is in a single pilot certified aircraft. Avoid that discussion entirely.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by VisionWings View Post
VisionWings
At the moment you can't log any time as SIC. You'd be able to log part 91 legs as PIC when you're the sole manipulator of the controls. 135 flights have to be 100% flown by a qualified PIC and the co pilot is not able to log any 135 legs.

Av8tr, the article you're referring to does not reflect conditions at Quest Diagnostics. I've worked here for 5+ years and I'm very happy at the job, I have at no point felt pressured to fly any flights I have not been comfortable with. We get plenty of rest well within the 135 regulations. I can only speak to the LZU base but here we only have one run that excess 8hrs duty time. All the other runs are generally between 5-8hrs duty time. We for the most part only work 3-4 days per week.

When it comes to turnaround we had some pilots leave last year, this appears to have been primarily due to regionals started hiring again. Majority of the pilots that left went to the regional with the desire to eventually move onto majors. Several of these pilots has since then decided to come back to work for Quest Diagnostics. Out of the current pilot staff about 70% has worked at the company for more than 3 years some have been here 20+ years.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:37 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Are you able to choose or have flexibility when you start your day/night? I’ve noticed some of the flights out of RDG starting as early as 1700-1900 and returning around 0100-0200 while some start around 2300 and return around 0430.

Also, if you can’t log SIC, what does the flow look like for upgrading to captain?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2022, 06:42 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Russs View Post
Are they actually looking for pilots? I applied about a month ago for their FO position and my application still only shows "submitted". Does anyone actually look at the apps they recieve?
Hi Russs,

I submitted my app in January and received a response for a telephone interview only a day later…I was expecting months for the process. That’s all I know since I’m too far out before I leave active duty.

Hope this helps
Old 02-21-2022, 10:48 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by Chamisoso View Post
Are you able to choose or have flexibility when you start your day/night? I’ve noticed some of the flights out of RDG starting as early as 1700-1900 and returning around 0100-0200 while some start around 2300 and return around 0430.

Also, if you can’t log SIC, what does the flow look like for upgrading to captain?

Thanks
The Co-pilots are for the most part assigned routes and gets rotated through the different runs. You can always request to be on specific shifts but that can't be guarantee in any way. For the captains they gets assigned routes generally about 3-4 weeks in advance. Every captain will throughout the year fly approximately each run equal amount of times.

To upgrade to a captain first you need to reach 1200hrs. Then you have to be considered a suitable captain before you get upgraded. For some this takes a while longer while for others they are considered ready as soon as they hit 1200 hrs. Once you're considered ready for a captain position you would have to wait until a captain position opens up before you get upgraded. Each run has different amounts of 91 vs 135 legs and how many hours you can log.