Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Mountain Aviation (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/138094-mountain-aviation.html)

multipilot 06-20-2022 07:32 AM

Mountain Aviation

I’m currently researching other part 135 and 91K companies.. What the story at Mountain Aviation?

Schedule? I understand is 15/13

Benefits?

Vacation?

Pay scale?

Overall job satisfaction and QOL?

B727DRVR 06-20-2022 09:58 AM

Mountain is now part of Wheels Up..

Originally Posted by multipilot (Post 3444272)
I’m currently researching other part 135 and 91K companies.. What the story at Mountain Aviation?

Benefits?

Vacation?

Pay scale?

Mountain Aviation is now part of Wheels Up, which is a quality operation.. There is more information on Top Secret operators L3, Avenge, etc. than there is on Mountain, because their pilots rarely post on here. Back when we started our CE-750 operations, but paid a lot less, we had 7 pilots head over there.. I believe that 2 are still there and generally have positive things to say. I believe that WUP gives you $35,000 in stock that is vested after 3 years. Maybe you will have some better luck finding things about Mountain now that they are part of WUP.

PilotX2 06-22-2022 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by multipilot (Post 3444272)

Benefits?
Vacation?
Pay scale?

You can do an 8/6 but you get $10K less off the top. They have standard benefits. They claim to pay more than NJ or FJ. You will sign a promissory note for a lot of money. After that you will fly a Citation X like a King Air. Good luck on your decision.

B727DRVR 06-22-2022 06:32 PM

WUP Stock Options…

Originally Posted by PilotX2 (Post 3445463)
You can do an 8/6 but you get $10K less off the top. They have standard benefits. They claim to pay more than NJ or FJ. You will sign a promissory note for a lot of money. After that you will fly a Citation X like a King Air. Good luck on your decision.

But what about the $35,000 Wheels Up Stock Options that they give you…? That sounds pretty sweet. And the Wheels Up insurance used to be pretty good. It was free at first, then they began to charge, but I heard that it was pretty good.

tpgcirrus 06-22-2022 07:01 PM

Stock options is interesting. They claim it’s $25,000 however that’s not really the case. I was given a bit over 7,000 shares when it was valued at 2.50 a share. Older pilots who got it when it first hit the stock exchange only have about 3,300 shares.

Insurance is 100% paid for as of now for the PILOT only, you need to make contributions for family.

All in all I really am having a good time with the operation and we just had new incentive pay raises that realistically should equate to about 20-30,000 extra per year. Not sure if I am allowed to disclose them at the moment but I did the math on my normal schedule and found that my incentive pay should equate to that amount.

Definitely can tell there are growing pains and the normal negatives of an 8 on 6 off schedule, but they seem to be putting in a good effort to make the pilots happy.

FromSkyhawk2CRJ 06-23-2022 09:23 PM

wheels up stock fell 77% YoY... Not a good option at all. It's a failing stock.

tpgcirrus 06-24-2022 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by FromSkyhawk2CRJ (Post 3446778)
wheels up stock fell 77% YoY... Not a good option at all. It's a failing stock.

Seems narrow like a narrow minded way to look at it. Was overvalued as a SPAC by Wall Street and now that’s a wheels up problem.

Wall Street is heavily favoring profitability at the moment over growth potential due to the economic climate. But sure, you can look at a stock without any context associated to it and evaluate it all you want.

sky303 06-27-2022 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by tpgcirrus (Post 3446818)
Seems narrow like a narrow minded way to look at it. Was overvalued as a SPAC by Wall Street and now that’s a wheels up problem.

Wall Street is heavily favoring profitability at the moment over growth potential due to the economic climate. But sure, you can look at a stock without any context associated to it and evaluate it all you want.

That’s nice and all but never forget what Charlie Munger said, “every time you hear ‘EBITDA’ substitute it with ‘bull******* earnings.’” If you can’t turn a profit or even come close to positive cash flow when customers are literally throwing money at you, no matter how aggressive a growth pattern you’re in, you’re not making a good impression for investors—in any economic environment.