Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SATSair....Heads Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by skydweller97 View Post
According to hrdlndg aka 68navajo we don't need many planes because we're doing so poorly. (Or was that we work the pilots too hard because we're too busy? I don't know he confuses me.) I'm not going to say what the real number is but it's much lower than 11 down. Several having engines rebuilt right now. Flying alot = engines reaching TBO.

5 Million passenger miles flown first two and a half years ain't too shabby, especially when you consider the first year there were only a handful of planes.

High deadleg rate is expected for a while in an op like this; but has been getting much better. When planes are added, and/or the area is expanded it will go up again for awhile -- the natural growth cycle. I read an article about Netjets taking many years to get their deadleg down to about 35% or so, which is probably about as good as it gets. I think it took them a long time to be profitable and now they're making many $$$$.

Lotsa new customers every month if 68hardlandingsnavajo isn't scaring em all away.
Who's sorry now? We are dieing!

Last edited by hrdlndg; 11-12-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: additional comment
Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM
New Hire

Default Dying? Maybe, maybe not.

Only time will tell. It does look bleaker than normal. Maintenance is cut to 32 hours. Some of the management is doing hourly work(not that its a crime there, just interesting to watch). A couple of planes have been temporarily leased to a flight school in FLA.
But everyone is dealing with the changes and trying to do what they can.
Hoping for a turn for the better and that it all works out.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Yellowaircabby View Post
Only time will tell. It does look bleaker than normal. Maintenance is cut to 32 hours. Some of the management is doing hourly work(not that its a crime there, just interesting to watch). A couple of planes have been temporarily leased to a flight school in FLA.
But everyone is dealing with the changes and trying to do what they can.
Hoping for a turn for the better and that it all works out.
Very good post! I only tell it like I see it and I see very dark clouds on the Horizon. Good luck to us all!