Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List
KingairEMS

Old 01-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #1161  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018

The very limited amount of information I know about Leidos has come from guys who went there and then came back. Leidos aggressively hired a bunch of pilots and then had no planes for them to fly. If one went to Leidos RIGHT NOW, how long before the first downrange paycheck? I also noticed there are no positions open any more except for SIC. Is the hiring done?
StandardBrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #1162  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
The very limited amount of information I know about Leidos has come from guys who went there and then came back. Leidos aggressively hired a bunch of pilots and then had no planes for them to fly. If one went to Leidos RIGHT NOW, how long before the first downrange paycheck? I also noticed there are no positions open any more except for SIC. Is the hiring done?
That hurt. The AWR delay resulted in losing good guys. Everything was sub,itted, but it was slow getting the paperwork back from Govt.. Paychecks start on pay periods, 2 week cycle. We hired SICs, but not sure were we are at with hiring more. Number wise, we will need more Leads and PICs.
CoreFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #1163  
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreFour View Post
Poor CRM, lack of SA, and then there's instances such as the most recent mid-air are just a few.
Can you elaborate on the mid-air?
Tenacvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #1164  
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: King Air 350 PIC
Default pay structure

L-3 PIC and SIC pay has already been disclosed on this thread... so not sure what the argument about Leidos pay is about... if its so great why not let us know what they are offering for pay, rotations etc etc...??
KingairEMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #1165  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varietyjones View Post
Dynamic does as well.

"I'm sure this ask been asked previously, but this thread is huge: How realistic is getting this job without the clearence?"

Pretty easily. As KA350 said every year folks leave so hiring seems to be constantly open. I was hired without a clearance and only waited 3mo for the interim.
PM sent......
gearcrankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #1166  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: DashTrash. King Air 90/200 PIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingairEMS View Post
L-3 PIC and SIC pay has already been disclosed on this thread... so not sure what the argument about Leidos pay is about... if its so great why not let us know what they are offering for pay, rotations etc etc...??
Exactly. Why the secret
Varietyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #1167  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Capt & A&P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varietyjones View Post
Exactly. Why the secret
It could be an abundance of caution. Defense aviation is a very small group so its probably not difficult to figure out who is who.

Let the other guy take the fall for running his mouth and all.
esa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:04 AM   #1168  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: DashTrash. King Air 90/200 PIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa17 View Post
It could be an abundance of caution. Defense aviation is a very small group so its probably not difficult to figure out who is who.

Let the other guy take the fall for running his mouth and all.
In the industry so Im very aware of caution. The question is why be so quiet about pay, rotation, benefits etc. I could find it Im just honestly to lazy to reach out to those within.
Varietyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #1169  
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Default PIC or SIC?

I'm a retired former F-16 pilot looking to get hired on, but not sure whether I qualify to apply for the PIC or SIC position. I assume SIC as I don't have any turbo prop time. 450hrs multi engine as a former AT and T-38C IP, and the 3 hours or so in a Beach Duchess getting my ATP, but the bulk of my PIC time (2300+) comes from the F-16 (1900). I do have nearly 900 IP hours and was a SEFE if that helps. But I assume they'd want me to get some air under my arse as a right seater before they let me be a PIC, right?
Also, what is SIC-2?
Thanks for any words/advice

Last edited by Juvat; 01-14-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Juvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:06 AM   #1170  
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: King Air 350 PIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvat View Post
I'm a retired former F-16 pilot looking to get hired on, but not sure whether I qualify to apply for the PIC or SIC position. I assume SIC as I don't have any turbo prop time. 450hrs multi engine as a former AT and T-38C IP, and the 3 hours or so in a Beach Duchess getting my ATP, but the bulk of my PIC time (2300+) comes from the F-16 (1900). I do have nearly 900 IP hours and was a SEFE if that helps. But I assume they'd want me to get some air under my arse as a right seater before they let me be a PIC, right?
Also, what is SIC-2?
Thanks for any words/advice
You are correct that you would be SIC for your first 180 days. Unfortunately, while Viper time is awesome and should mean a lot, it is only single engine time. They specifically want 300 hours PIC in a twin TP for the PIC position. But $120k a year for year 1 as an SIC isn’t terrible. And it’s an automatic PIC upgrade. SIC2 is just the designation for the position.
SgtV is offline   Reply With Quote