Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List
KingairEMS

Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Dynamic has five business segments as already mentioned. 99% of pilots are hired either to Airborne Data Acquisition (ADA) or Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR). The Sterile Insect and Aerial Application segments have little growth. The Fire Management segment does not have any pilots. ISR does military airborne surveillance. The pay is 10k-15k per month with a 100 on/75ish off schedule.

ADA is mostly civilian. They fly geophysical survey, LIDAR mapping, and generally any kind of non-classified sensing mission that customers can dream up. ADA likes to have pilots with A&P's but will hire without. If you have an A&P, you are considered full-time and receive benefits as such. If you don't have an A&P, you are initially considered part-time with no benefits, but can work in maintenance shop and get full time status after a period of time. Schedule is 3 weeks on domestic or 4 weeks on international and a minimum of 1 week off, however this 1 week can be as long as 3 months off. Full-time ADA pilots work in the maintenance shop in Bridgewater, VA when not on a flying assignment. Part-time ADA pilots generally live in Bridgewater and are allowed to work in the shop. Pay is complicated, but a full-time F/O can expect 30k worst case and 40k is attainable depending on how many assignments you get per year. Captain pay depends on even more variables but again, worst case full-time is 30k and 50k is possible. Per diem is paid over and above the previously mentioned ADA annual earnings at the DOD rates.

Pilots for either the ADA or ISR segments can expect to travel a lot. It is not uncommon to be gone for more than 180 days a year. Dynamic operates U21A,D,G,H, C90, E90, A100, A200, and 200T aircraft.

The U21 is the workhorse of the fleet and is operated by all segments.
The pressurized 90s are used by Fire Management
The 100 and 200s are mostly used by ISR, but sometimes by ADA.

This is not an ordinary King Air job. Be prepared to spend 4 hours flying at 200 feet AGL with a horizontal tolerance of +/- 60 feet. Be prepared to fly a sortie on oxygen. Be prepared to fly out of gravel and dirt runways. Be prepared for anything. 'Dynamic Aviation' is not just a name...it literally describes what they do.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. I think ISR is hiring. I know ADA is looking for first officers. Hint: if you meet the minimums for any regional, you stand a good chance of getting a call from ADA.
uboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off

To compare the U21 with a pressurized 90.

The U21 is a F-150 XL. Its a work truck. You can put spray tanks in the back. Heavy cameras, etc. It may be hot, noisy, and have a spartan interior, but it gets the job done every time.

The pressurized 90 is the King Ranch F-150 Super Crew. Made for people hauling with more cabin isolation.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: CRJ FO

I just got the "thanks but no thanks" email after having my resume walked in to the VP of Flight Ops by a guy the VP used to be an FO for there, and completing a phone screen. Times were 660/10. If you lack an A&P, they seem to want turbine experience and higher times.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #14  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Auburnpilot,
I have an interview scheduled, what should I expect?
Yardman
Yardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #15  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I emailed a resume and cover letter to them but got no response. I have turbine time and total time, but no King Air (well, an hour). Is there another route I should take that would be more fruitful? Snail mail, or something. This seems like the type of job I would enjoy and be good at. Am I missing something?
Nicaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #16  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I think the king air time helps, and for some of the contracted missions, military time definitely a plus. I called them and asked who to send a resume and cover letter to via email. After sending, got a call two or three weeks later.
Yardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off

It helps to not only send in a resume, but to make voice contact with HR. They can be overloaded and calling brings you to their attention. Ask for Joel Shank.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboatdriver View Post
ISR does military airborne surveillance. The pay is 10k-15k per month with a 100 on/75ish off schedule.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. I think ISR is hiring. I know ADA is looking for first officers. Hint: if you meet the minimums for any regional, you stand a good chance of getting a call from ADA.
Is that pay straight 12 month salary or only for the months you are on assignment?

For ISR you said they will allow home basing right?

-SS
Split S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboatdriver View Post
think ISR is hiring. I know ADA is looking for first officers. Hint: if you meet the minimums for any regional, you stand a good chance of getting a call from ADA.
Any specifics of what their typical mins are? I'd be looking for an F/O position.
fjetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Sounds like an interesting gig. Where could you expect to go when your out on assignment? Or is it really anybody's guess?

If working for them for a year, what could expect to gross as an FO, including per diem?

EDIT: Oh, and how much flight time could you expect to get per month and per year?

Also, a quick rundown on what the interview was like would be very helpful!
ImperialxRat is offline   Reply With Quote