Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List
KingairEMS

Old 05-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split S View Post
Is that pay straight 12 month salary or only for the months you are on assignment?

For ISR you said they will allow home basing right?

-SS
That pay is only for the months on international assignment. You don't get paid unless you're on assignment or some other work. I'm not sure what U.S. pay is. ISR will let you home base, but you will also spend a lot of time in processing at Bridgewater or various military installations.
uboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
Any specifics of what their typical mins are? I'd be looking for an F/O position.

As with any aviation job, minimums will change with demand. I know of several pilots that were hired with the minimum hours required for a CMEL. However, as the hiring market has slowed, I'm not sure what you'll need. Just apply and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialxRat View Post
Sounds like an interesting gig. Where could you expect to go when your out on assignment? Or is it really anybody's guess?
Anywhere. The only continent Dynamic has not operated is Antarctica.

Quote:
If working for them for a year, what could expect to gross as an FO, including per diem?
It all depends on how many assignments you get and where. If you get lots of good assignments, you could probably make 45k (including per diem). If you don't get that many assignments and you work full time in the shop, you're looking at 30k (+ whatever per diem you may get). If you only fly and don't work in the shop, then you're looking at low to mid 20k. Its hard to guarantee a minimum amount of pay. That applies to ADA. If you're interested in ISR, it will be significantly more. Probably in the 10k/month range and you work about 6 or 7 months out of the year.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and how much flight time could you expect to get per month and per year?
Average about 400 paid flight hours per year (with ADA). However, as the King Air only requires one pilot, you will have a hard time legitimately logging much more than half that unless the captain just lets you fly all the time.

Quote:
Also, a quick rundown on what the interview was like would be very helpful!
Phone interview and then the Bridgewater interview

Bridgewater interview includes:
Basic paperwork
HR interview
Sim eval

Thats about it.

They usually let you know pretty soon one way or another.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Cessna 152 Captain

[QUOTE=uboatdriver;384746]Anywhere. The only continent Dynamic has not operated is Antarctica.

What is the Sim eval on and any gouge on it please PM me
Blkflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Various

Other companies that send you on the road for six months a year, flying in those types of environments, and ask for a secret clearance .. pay well into the six figures. These guys must be joking. My friend's King Air company that has a few DOD contracts pays $20K a month while his guys are on the road.. That's in Iraq or Asscrackistan mind you, but the concept is the same. You can make $45k for Ameriflight without an A&P, and be home every night..
cruiseclimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #26  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseclimb View Post
Other companies that send you on the road for six months a year, flying in those types of environments, and ask for a secret clearance .. pay well into the six figures. These guys must be joking. My friend's King Air company that has a few DOD contracts pays $20K a month while his guys are on the road.. That's in Iraq or Asscrackistan mind you, but the concept is the same. You can make $45k for Ameriflight without an A&P, and be home every night..
What King Air company might that be?

RB
RickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off

[quote=Blkflyer;384757]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboatdriver View Post
Anywhere. The only continent Dynamic has not operated is Antarctica.

What is the Sim eval on and any gouge on it please PM me
I don't think I can PM.

Quote:
There are definitely some companies that pay that. I know of one company that pays 19k/month to fly a Shorts in Iraqistan. Obviously, there has to be the lowest bidder. As a company, you get what you pay for. Out of curiosity, how do you get $45k at Ameriflight? Do they flight pay on top of the monthly salary?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Quote:
My friend's King Air company that has a few DOD contracts pays $20K a month while his guys are on the road.. That's in Iraq or Asscrackistan mind you, but the concept is the same.
What's the company? They hiring?
MiserDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

[quote=uboatdriver;385485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkflyer View Post

I know of one company that pays 19k/month to fly a Shorts in Iraqistan.
What company would that be?
MiserDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Cessna 152 Captain

[QUOTE=MiserDD;400653]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboatdriver View Post

What company would that be?
Miser Please you are confusing me... I never said anything about any company flying in Iraqistan that was someone else..
Blkflyer is offline   Reply With Quote