Airline Pilot Central Forums
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   VFR operators (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/144436-vfr-operators.html)

TwOtter 10-02-2023 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 250kt Final (Post 3693760)
Do 135 VFR operators exist anymore in terms of hiring mins of 500 hours ? The ones I remember back then have all but shut down.

STAR Marianas Air, CNMI.

jpncrjdriver 10-02-2023 06:29 AM

Used to be several Tour Operators out of Page AZ that had adds routinely on CLB350... Have not seen the adds lately but have a look via a net search...

Kampai

JohnBurke 10-02-2023 06:44 AM

Juneau and Ketchikan are two places that new pilots really shouldn't go, largely because you don't know what you don't know, and what you don't know there, can kill you.

It occasionally does.

If you're looking for ways to fly a few hours off, go tow banners, follow pipeines, toss jumpers, instruct, yada, yada, yada.

Sanguy 10-02-2023 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBurke (Post 3705236)
Juneau and Ketchikan are two places that new pilots really shouldn't go, largely because you don't know what you don't know, and what you don't know there, can kill you.

It occasionally does.

If you're looking for ways to fly a few hours off, go tow banners, follow pipeines, toss jumpers, instruct, yada, yada, yada.

I don't totally agree with "shouldn't go", but the rest is true. There is certainly a steep learning curve flying in SE Alaska. I sometimes look back at my first year in Juneau and wonder how I survived. But 10 yrs later and I've finally had enough fun. LOL.

dera 10-02-2023 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpncrjdriver (Post 3705231)
Used to be several Tour Operators out of Page AZ that had adds routinely on CLB350... Have not seen the adds lately but have a look via a net search...

Kampai

Westwind, American Aviation West, and obviously Grand Canyon.
The season is pretty much over now so likely not much hiring going on until spring.

zonianflyer 10-27-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dera (Post 3705598)
Westwind, American Aviation West, and obviously Grand Canyon.
The season is pretty much over now so likely not much hiring going on until spring.

Yes there is no chance at getting on with a tour operator right now. Flying season is nearly over and we are all picking at the scraps to try to fly.

dera 10-27-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zonianflyer (Post 3716246)
Yes there is no chance at getting on with a tour operator right now. Flying season is nearly over and we are all picking at the scraps to try to fly.

Just gives more time to drink beer and eat barbeque at Big Johns.