Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Aero Charter And Transport (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/15426-aero-charter-transport.html)

Flyboyrw 08-02-2007 06:10 PM

Aero Charter And Transport

Anyone know about Aero Charter And Transport, INC.? I couldn't find a website on them. Anyone with any info?
Thanks.

Canyonair 08-03-2007 01:48 PM

Back in 2004 a friend of mine was killed flying there. Can't say he was blameless for what happened, but I know they did put alot of pressure on him to make the run.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...17X02005&key=1

If you are new to flying and need to fly cargo...try Ameriflight. At least they have better equipment for the weather.

Flyboyrw 08-03-2007 04:12 PM

Right on, sorry to hear that. I was in ABQ and saw them running all around, and I couldn't figure out who they were. No website (that I could find) or anything....
Thanks.

VTcharter 08-04-2007 03:52 AM

They never had a web-site, although they say that they have been "working on it" for a couple of years; just like they are working on getting a Citation. They have a fleet of 402's and 310's, and fly checks, urine samples, film, etc. If you are flying out west, they use the call sign "Char-Tran. (pronounced shartran) I have actually flown in one of their 402's and it wasn't that bad. I had a buddy who flew there when I was flying sightseer's in Page, Arizona, and I would catch a ride to Phoenix with him once in a while. He said that the company was pretty dis-organized and that they made a lot of promises that didn't seem to pan out.

They grounded their fleet of 402's a couple of years back because they all came up on the wing root inspection requirement at about the same time. Petty good foresight there!! They used to have a pretty big operation out of Phoenix, but after that, it seemed like they were just down to a couple of runs. Pay was around 30,000 a year to start, with a slight raise after 90 days. This info is a bit dated as I haven't been around that area for a couple of years.

Canyonair 08-05-2007 02:45 AM

Aero Charter with a Cessna Citation!! Now that would be a scary deal!

mdt301 08-08-2007 03:35 PM

i worked for aero charter out of texas. they have now closed that base, they said it was to have more planes for the routes out west. while i was there mx was scarey. for example was explaining to the mx guy that my DG HAD precessed about 15 degrees in about 2 minutes. he then asked what is precession... scarey!!! we had one guy quit b/c it was so bad. however i do believe the the mx is alot better in ABQ. i dont have any direct experience when them i am just judging from the facilities in ABQ. b/c they sucked in ADS. so you decide??

UPSFeeder 08-14-2007 09:07 AM

Citation

They have had a Citation for more than 6 months now - they also have a Pilatus. Long line of guys waiting their turn to fly them tho. The 402c planes they fly are pretty nice, but they have a lot of 310s too. Not so good in ice. I used to fly for them and was send out in a 310 on a route that had a 14000 foot manditory crossing altitude, and the forecast for the day was icing between 9,000 and 16,000. Plane had no ice boots or anything. They did just raise their pay by about $15,000 a year, so I guess you could do worse.

Bottom Gun 12-13-2009 09:41 AM

Well, pay had dropped back since then....

Plantation Air 12-13-2009 12:31 PM

Canyon,
Sorry to break topic, but is your avatar a Partnevia?

Plantation Air 12-13-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by UPSFeeder (Post 214641)
They have had a Citation for more than 6 months now - they also have a Pilatus. Long line of guys waiting their turn to fly them tho. The 402c planes they fly are pretty nice, but they have a lot of 310s too. Not so good in ice. I used to fly for them and was send out in a 310 on a route that had a 14000 foot manditory crossing altitude, and the forecast for the day was icing between 9,000 and 16,000. Plane had no ice boots or anything. They did just raise their pay by about $15,000 a year, so I guess you could do worse.

UPS,
Is it even legal to blast off into something like that? Sounds key lime-ish :D