Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight sked

Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006

ooops,

I almost forgot to mention that if you are a real company man and stay for 11 years in the 1900 or metro, your pay will skyrocket up to 22.04 per unit
Old 08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by VTcharter View Post
The Am-flight profile on APC says that the B-1900 drivers make 3370 per month which would be just over 40,000 per year / 777.00 per week (gross). With these numbers, the 950 doesn't really add up. If it was bi-weekly, then it would be to low if the 40,000 per year is correct on the profile, and if it was weekly, then it would be to high, so I am a bit confused. I really like their schedule, and I love the location that they are offering, but I can't justify taking that big of a pay cut. So, basically my question is, is the 950 mentioned before bi-weekly or weekly and is it net or gross.
The $960 amount is what you can plan on as take home, so after taxes and benefits (i.e. health care, dental, life insurance and 10% 401K) This is every two weeks. The amount on APC or the 3300 per month is based on 40 units a week for 1 month. This is what you are promised. Also Scjfly is right about the schedule, plan on 2 hrs flight time per day with a 10 hr layover. Back home late evenings. Personally, I don't know why you are giving up a citation seat for a 1900. I'm sure if you stuck with your company they would type you and sometime you would be sitting left seat. But hey, what ever floats your boat.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
The $960 amount is what you can plan on as take home, so after taxes and benefits (i.e. health care, dental, life insurance and 10% 401K) This is every two weeks. The amount on APC or the 3300 per month is based on 40 units a week for 1 month. This is what you are promised. Also Scjfly is right about the schedule, plan on 2 hrs flight time per day with a 10 hr layover. Back home late evenings. Personally, I don't know why you are giving up a citation seat for a 1900. I'm sure if you stuck with your company they would type you and sometime you would be sitting left seat. But hey, what ever floats your boat.
Actually, I am PIC typed and 135 current on the Citation already. I am just looking at the schedule...at this point, QOL is important. The company that I work for now is great. Good equipment, great management. My big issue is the schedule...or lack of one. We are basically on call, not knowing what we are doing tommorrow until 5pm today. I cannot see myself doing that for the next thirty years, and it doesn't sound as though it is likely to change in the near future. I like the thought of a set schedule and I don't really care about 2 hours of flight time per day...I am not trying to build time. Monday p.m. through Saturday a.m with a night layover sounds great to me. It is outstation based, and I am from the outstation city...additionally, the night layover would be fine because my mother lives in that city, so I wouldn't have to deal with the crew apartment. The pay is a bit too low though, so I guess it won't work out. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Raytheon 850 XP and HS - 125-700a FO
Default Phase 2 EMB120 FO Training

I am about to begin Phase 2 at flight safety training on emb 120.
Training for the SIC (First Officer slot), and based in KCHO. Fly about 3-4 hrs night. Avg. 70 hrs month. 24K per yr. and thats before taxes.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: left seat

I fly Monday night through Thursday night. I'm blocking on average 5.7 hours of turbine (Metro) a day. I'm also a training captain in the metro so when I train I'm paid time and a half which works outs around $33 an hour. If I was blocking 2 hours a day, AND I wasn't happy...I'd leave. It wouldn't be worth my time to sit in a hotel unless I was attending school or had another gig.

Nobody in management at Ameriflight is holding a gun to any pilots head to stay. And they do not chase down pilots who break the 'integrity' contract. They all know it holds no water, they just hope that pilots they do hire and train have some integrity and finish out a meager year commitment.

The grass can always be greener but....It is what YOU make it...If you don't like it...please leave.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Bukowski View Post
I fly Monday night through Thursday night. I'm blocking on average 5.7 hours of turbine (Metro) a day.
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been with Ameriflight?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Bukowski View Post
I fly Monday night through Thursday night. I'm blocking on average 5.7 hours of turbine (Metro) a day. I'm also a training captain in the metro so when I train I'm paid time and a half which works outs around $33 an hour. If I was blocking 2 hours a day, AND I wasn't happy...I'd leave. It wouldn't be worth my time to sit in a hotel unless I was attending school or had another gig.

Nobody in management at Ameriflight is holding a gun to any pilots head to stay. And they do not chase down pilots who break the 'integrity' contract. They all know it holds no water, they just hope that pilots they do hire and train have some integrity and finish out a meager year commitment.

The grass can always be greener but....It is what YOU make it...If you don't like it...please leave.
Sweet gig Bukowski. I am sure plenty are envious of your schedule/pay/QOL. Do the guys who don't know what AMF is like a favor and be honest about what their life/pay/schedule will be like for their first two to three years with the company.

95% of the runs at AMF are low time. The pay is terrible till you get typed, and then it simply becomes sub industry standard for the responsibility you are given and the aircraft you are flying. Right now some flight instructors get paid more then an AMF metro pilot.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by towhook View Post
Sweet gig Bukowski. I am sure plenty are envious of your schedule/pay/QOL. Do the guys who don't know what AMF is like a favor and be honest about what their life/pay/schedule will be like for their first two to three years with the company.

95% of the runs at AMF are low time. The pay is terrible till you get typed, and then it simply becomes sub industry standard for the responsibility you are given and the aircraft you are flying. Right now some flight instructors get paid more then an AMF metro pilot.
While most of what you said is true. The pay is still more than regional FO pay. And you get that much needed PIC time. Granted the QOL/schedule are definate issues, but hey that's what comes with the job. AMF does offer other benefits that other like companies don't. Jumpseating with SWA, layover hotels/apartments, crew cars is most locations, and pretty good medical, dental, and vision. In the end you have to decide what's best for you, and your family (if you have one).